Mind Blowing attractions

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yo, yo, Disney homeys. I have a two part question for my fellow addicts/weirdos and all the normals out there. I'm curious about two things - 1) IYO - What is the most recent mind blowing attraction that Disney built? HM, Splash, Everest, TLM, etc ....2) What do you think is the "best" attraction in all of O-town? You can justify your opinion or not. You can criticize someone's opinion or not. You can respond to the criticism or not. I just want honest opinions.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Many new attractions have a "WOW" factor. I think the first show room of new Test Track looks GREAT. Soarin took the thrill ride concept of a motion simulator and made it into one of the best attractions in Orlando, while being a calm ride! Journey of the Little Mermaid is... okay, well maybe not so much.
But the ride I'm most impressed with (and I know I'm gonna be standing alone on this one) is Mission: Space. The ride is impressive, and made even more impressive when you know how it's achieved!

Genie of the Lamp

Most recent mind blowing attraction at WDW: Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountian (not so much now but once was)
Most Mindblowing OTown Attraction: The Amazing Adventures of Spider Man 3d (although when I go back to OTown I'm gonna try quite a few of the new rides and maybe I'll have a changed answer/opinion)

rct247

I'm thinking stateside on this, but three attractions come to mind. Soarin over California, Test Track, and Tower of Terror. I think of all of those, Tower of Terror is truly the best product that was much different from what Disney had created before. Soarin over California was great, but it is essentially a next generation simulator with film footage similar to those seen in many circlevision theaters. Test Track was pretty cool, but I don't know if it was mind blowing. Tower of Terror however took a drop tower concept and completely re-imagined the technology. The story, costumes, theming, music, architecture, and thrills all come together to form in my opinion on of the last great classic attractions that was built on par with attractions like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, etc.I could be biased on that though since it is my favorite attraction.

Best attraction in all of Orlando though? Well, I think I would have to give it to either Spiderman or Harry Potter over at IOA, and I'm not even a Harry Potter fan. They essentially pulled a "Tower of Terror", but it is more recent and more technologically advanced.

There have been other great attractions that have come and gone since then, but not many that are truly mind blowing!

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
Many new attractions have a "WOW" factor. I think the first show room of new Test Track looks GREAT. Soarin took the thrill ride concept of a motion simulator and made it into one of the best attractions in Orlando, while being a calm ride! Journey of the Little Mermaid is... okay, well maybe not so much.
But the ride I'm most impressed with (and I know I'm gonna be standing alone on this one) is Mission: Space. The ride is impressive, and made even more impressive when you know how it's achieved!

M:S is good. It seems kind of under-rated to me (along with Dinosaur). You may be alone, but hey, its your opinion. I think M:S gets dinged because many can't/won't do the thrilling version, the green side is somewhat meh, and it replaced Horizons. I really think people would like it better if Horizons still stood and M:S was somewhere else in FW.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I suppose I'm just talking about WDW attractions. If we wanna include Uni attractions, that's a different story...

afar28

The most recent mind blowing attraction at WDW has to be either Mission: Space, because it was so hard to build and so technologically advanced. Also it used to be Expedition Everest, but not so much anymore.
In Orlando, Spider-Man 3-D and HP and the Forbidden Journey are quite impressive

AllyInWonderland

Well I rode HM for the first time in December which is weird because I've been to WDW my whole life, but was too scared to ever go on it, and when I rode it for the first time, it was so amazing! Especially the ballroom! That's my favorite scene! Watching it on YouTube is DEFINATELY nothing like seeing it in person! :)

Gonzo79

WDW- I got to go with Tower Of Terror. The whole attraction is great from start to finish and is thrilling every time you ride. I also got to say that I was blown away with Star Tours 2. It is such a better ride now after the redo.
O Town-I'm going to go with Revenge Of The Mummy. I had no idea what this ride was like when I first rode it,and was completely blown away by it. Such a great ride.

ariel90

The most impressive attraction in Orlando is Spider-Man. The most inpressive on WDW property is Tower of terror which is really great you feel like you're walking up to a hotel and as you get closer you realize crap I'm not supposed to be here. Then there's the haunted mansion which from the line makes you feel so immersed. Honorable mention is Everest the only reason I say this is the theming was so perfect I've been in the Himalayas it was so right

PUSH

Most recent mind blowing is EE.

Best ever is a toss up of Splash Mountain, HM and ToT, IMO (never been prior to 2002). Splash Mountain is probably my personal favorite, but that's just me.

luv

I don't think of any Disney rides as "mind-blowing." They just don't have thrill rides like that.

The best ride in the last couple decades is EE. IMO, of course.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Full on new build, no space wasted no dead areas amazing from start to finish?

TZTOT.

Everest has too much dead ride space and minimalist effects that are even more minimal now. Not to mention light leaks and structural beams visible inside a "mountain". It looks great until you start the ride.

TP2000

Most Mindblowing OTown Attraction: The Amazing Adventures of Spider Man 3d (although when I go back to OTown I'm gonna try quite a few of the new rides and maybe I'll have a changed answer/opinion)

When the Transformers clone from Universal Studios Hollywood opens in Orlando, I think you'll have to rethink your Spiderman vote. It's very, very good. And if it hadn't opened in Hollywood the same month that Radiator Springs Racers and Cars Land opened 45 minutes down the freeway in Anaheim, I think there would be more buzz about it getting back East.

C&D

My last was probably EE, my favorite (there are many) but keeping with a coaster, Aerosmith (RRC).

The Empress Lilly

1) What is the most recent mind blowing attraction that Disney built? HM, Splash, Everest, TLM, etc ....

2) What do you think is the "best" attraction in all of O-town?
1) The most recent mind-blowing WDW attraction? Star Tours 2. The quality blew me away. The crispest 3D image I've ever seen, phenomenal additions to the queue, and just one awesome ride.

2) Space Mountain is the best ride in this galaxy and the next.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom