Millennium Falcon: smugglers run sneak peak

RSoxNo1

On a recent Jim Hill and @lentesta podcast they discussed a real problem that may arise from the attraction: Guests will want to take their picture inside the cockpit.

As we know there's a turntable here used to govern ride capacity and Chapek has stated it would get 1800 guests per hour. Our assumption is that the 7 pods on any given turn table with be in an unload position for 48 seconds and a load position for 48 seconds with a 4 minute ride time. If guests are pushing to get photos taken inside the cockpit that 48 second load/unload time could be quite difficult to maintain.

jt04

On a recent Jim Hill and @lentesta podcast they discussed a real problem that may arise from the attraction: Guests will want to take their picture inside the cockpit.

As we know there's a turntable here used to govern ride capacity and Chapek has stated it would get 1800 guests per hour. Our assumption is that the 7 pods on any given turn table with be in an unload position for 48 seconds and a load position for 48 seconds with a 4 minute ride time. If guests are pushing to get photos taken inside the cockpit that 48 second load/unload time could be quite difficult to maintain.

There is a good chance you will have to stow belongings before entering in the manner of FJ.

doctornick

Interesting and very valid thought. Seems like once solution would be to have a ride photo taken -- perhaps as part of jumping to hyperspace -- automatically.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There is a good chance you will have to stow belongings before entering in the manner of FJ.

I doubt the ride will be that rough. Pictures show that the restraint is a lap belt just like Star Tours, so there will probably be a place under the seat to stow your belonging. I don't see a need for lockers.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

The question is, how do you deal with this? Since the ride is video based it's hard to stop the turntable and still maintain a good ride experience. Now, since we know that this isn't traditional video, but being rendered real time, it does open up the possibility that the ride could be stopped and the video continue without interruption.

Timothy_Q

The question is, how do you deal with this? Since the ride is video based it's hard to stop the turntable and still maintain a good ride experience. Now, since we know that this isn't traditional video, but being rendered real time, it does open up the possibility that the ride could be stopped and the video continue without interruption.
There's likely some simple additional animation in the end that can be extended for as long as it takes for the pod to return to unload.

Probably something like the view of wherever you ended up landing the Falcon.
Maybe people / aliens walking by, clouds in the sky, etc

RSoxNo1

If there are cubbies that move around the cockpit with you than you could have them stowed before you sit like Flight of Passage. If it's like Star Tours where they go under your seat, that could be a problem.

5thGenTexan

Static "Cockpits" at the end of the ride with animated starfield in the background or something. CMs will have to direct people to sit down and buckle up.

EOD K9

Is this supposed to be a smooth ride or bumpy? Could you also kindly explain this turntable concept for the ride please?

Movielover

Is this supposed to be a smooth ride or bumpy? Could you also kindly explain this turntable concept for the ride please?
Please don't be anything like Mission Space. Please. Hopefully it will be closer to the FOP end of the spectrum.

Smaller size Star Tours simulators on a SLOW moving turntable. It should feel almost exactly like Star Tours. You will not feel any g forces like Mission Space or extreme drops like FOP because simply they are not designed to operate like that.

EOD K9

Smaller size Star Tours simulators on a SLOW moving turntable. It should feel almost exactly like Star Tours. You will not feel any g forces like Mission Space or extreme drops like FOP because simply they are not designed to operate like that.
I don't mind MIssion: Space, I just had no idea what to expect.

Movielover

I don't mind MIssion: Space, I just had no idea what to expect.

I really enjoy Mission Space as well. I thought I was going to be sick after hearing all the horror stories online but I was perfectly fine. Either I have a strong stomach or everyone else is just week. Saying that I am extremely excited for Smugglers Run!

Basically the turntable is just to rotate the ride pods so that there is only one load/unload point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom