Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Ride/Queue Details and Discussion

SWGalaxysEdge

If I may ask: How would they rate the attraction? Was it impressive, e-ticket-worthy, or just fun?

...they're a fan and were impressed. They said if you are a die hard SW fan, the ship layout thing might disappoint you - liberties with how you load from the wrong way, not going up/down the ramp, etc. As far as the ride, they said the more you ride it, the better it gets.

Bleed0range

I’m wondering if they will have an on ride photo of everyone in the cockpit or not. Seems like a no brainer but I don’t know how you would do it with the big screen.

drod1985

I’m wondering if they will have an on ride photo of everyone in the cockpit or not. Seems like a no brainer but I don’t know how you would do it with the big screen.

Probably a wide angle lens hidden somewhere in the dash or in the windshield.

I think the better question would be how you fit it in story wise. Possibly as a "Wanted" style poster if you screw up the Falcon, or Hondo commemorating your successful mission if you perform well.

RSoxNo1

Probably a wide angle lens hidden somewhere in the dash or in the windshield.

I think the better question would be how you fit it in story wise. Possibly as a "Wanted" style poster if you screw up the Falcon, or Hondo commemorating your successful mission if you perform well.
Does it really need to fit into the story if it just shows up in your Photopass library? Have a lightspeed transition include a flash and it's done. It would also help the inevitable problem of everyone wanting a photo in the cockpit.

thequeuelinelectures

So does the chess board actually do anything? I'm starting to think it doesn't. Also it seems like all the people who have gotten a chance to ride have seen the Coaxium train heist so I'm worried they dropped the other two missions but I'm holding out hope

Bleed0range

So does the chess board actually do anything? I'm starting to think it doesn't. Also it seems like all the people who have gotten a chance to ride have seen the Coaxium train heist so I'm worried they dropped the other two missions but I'm holding out hope

I doubt it does anything beside maybe lights and sounds.

drod1985

Or maybe they're holding the other two missions for later release. This would help keep lines down from people trying to get all three missions during their trip. And it'd allow them to market new missions in the future. Missions 2 and 3 could be late 2020 or 2021.

Jones14

Or maybe they're holding the other two missions for later release. This would help keep lines down from people trying to get all three missions during their trip. And it'd allow them to market new missions in the future. Missions 2 and 3 could be late 2020 or 2021.
It’d certainly be a clever way to keep guests from swarming Rise of the Resistance when it opens. Open with the first mission now, and debut the other two when Rise is ready to spread the crowds.

Assuming the system works similarly to Star Tours, it could theoretically happen overnight. They could even lock it into place for a while so that guests are guaranteed one of the “new” missions.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
New missions can just be turned on like a new level in a game, due to the way SR is setup and the tech behind it.

Atomicmickey

...they're a fan and were impressed. They said if you are a die hard SW fan, the ship layout thing might disappoint you - liberties with how you load from the wrong way, not going up/down the ramp, etc. As far as the ride, they said the more you ride it, the better it gets.

I wondered if we were going to get to walk up the ramp. That would be the way to do it. But too steep for some folks I suppose, plus you'd have to add handrails, etc. Well, we'll take what we can get!

AdrianPatrick

First post. Great thread. Really insightful.

I have a query about the ride layout when leaving the ‘Chess Room’...
Is Pod B (and ADA Pod) accessed via the same curving corridor as Pod A (marked north) or via the corridor guests first entered the ‘Chess Room’ (south corridor - containing the airlock entrance), or is Pod B accessed via the narrow doorway (marked maintenance bay, from the Leia/Han kiss scene) ?

I’m hearing different reports. Perhaps someone here could clarify a little? Thanks so much!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom