Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Ride/Queue Details and Discussion

mickEblu

I just reviewed a bunch of ride throughs! You’re so right!

If the pilot *does* hit the brakes AND the harpoons weren’t launched by the Engineers, then the harpoons just shoot automatically right before the avoided collision.

Wait. So I wasn’t the hero? Two things had to happen? I think @MisterPenguin is disputing this above.

Mickeyboof

Wait. So I wasn’t the hero? Two things had to happen? I think @MisterPenguin is disputing this above.

Oh, I am being confusing!

I originally thought the falcon had to hit the train, so that they can ensure the harpoons attach, because it’s not a given that the engineers will hit their launch buttons some time before this moment.

Turns out, the harpoons still shot even if the falcon doesn’t hit.

In this video, you can see the Engineers never launched their harpoons PLUS the left pilot hit the brakes, but the harpoons still quickly launch when the collision is about to occur. (At the 1:41 Mark)

tissandtully

I just reviewed a bunch of ride throughs! You’re so right!

If the pilot *does* hit the brakes AND the harpoons weren’t launched by the Engineers, then the harpoons just shoot automatically right before the avoided collision.
Where’s the button??? I’ve been on a few times and haven’t seen one light up.

RSoxNo1

Something else - apparently if you are doing well enough, the pilots still have control at the final descent into Batuu. Evidently that's the only way to avoid that first spire in the scene.

Mickeyboof

Something else - apparently if you are doing well enough, the pilots still have control at the final descent into Batuu. Evidently that's the only way to avoid that first spire in the scene.

Wait, no way! Really!?

Did you get this scenario?

I always hated that Spire crash. It always seemed unavoidable.

Piebald

That’s my hope!!

I still love the ride. It’s my new tradition- I only ride if I go to the cantina. It’s a lot of fun to fly the falcon with a bit of jet fuel in the blood.

The app does give you your credits after every flight, or at least it should.

The odd thing I noticed at WDW is the three times I rode it, they blew us through the pre show where hondo explains the mission. This is after the chess room.

That pre show is necessary. Disneyland never rushed us through, but I’m curious how it is now... as I only experienced it the first weekend at Disneyland.
Yeah they rushed us this evening.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

The “game” is actually no better than Astro Blasters, because it’s score based.

You either win (get two coaxium), or lose (get the one freebie coaxium). So that’s pretty lame.

The game mechanics should be about the physical, but instead it’s about your individual percentage. Which is like toy story mania, buzz, ect. It’s nothing new. A bit boring honestly.
It's worse than that actually. At least with Buzz Lightyear you are competing directly with who you are sitting next to so that adds some level of fun I.E. "ha ha I beat you" but with SMUGGLER'S RUN you don't get that. It is "here is your score!". Ok.... why do I care? I am not competing with someone. I can't use the score to earn credits to spend in the land. My score is not even being saved and put on display to compete with other all time high scores. If you could beat another group's high score that would be at least some type of incentive to return and ride again and work on being better at the ride so you can brag about having the ride's highest score of all time. Having a scoring system is pointless in this ride. It is just another item in the long list of things they got wrong with the ride.

Probably whenever the new Toy Story Mania scenes are coming!
I heard of additional missions being added, I including one similar to the Kessel Run from the Solo film (giant alien attacking near black hole). Is that true or just BS that floated around enough for people to think it's true?

SWGalaxysEdge

I believe it's true, I know I've seen concept art out there.

..yes true, Artwork....

monster_falconride.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom