Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Ride/Queue Details and Discussion

SWGalaxysEdge

There is nothing I want to see more than a behind the scenes look at the tech of this ride. Turntable, paired with motion base, paired with 4 projectors? Fantastic. The behind the scenes video of DLP's motion base still fascinates me to watch. The jump to hyperspace effect being so simple, yet so effective.

Question: do you know if the motion base is hydraulic or electric? Martin, just give me a sad face reaction if you can't tell me, I won't even make you type out a "No." 😂

...Hydraulic. Like Star Tours.

Epcot_Imagineer

...Hydraulic. Like Star Tours.
I was aware Star Tours was hydraulic, was just wondering if Smuggler's Run would have been made electric for any reason such as the reduced size, environmental concerns about hydraulic fluid, etc. I believe some cloned attractions that use hydraulics stateside were made electric in the Tokyo versions of the attractions due to environmental concerns; Indiana Jones specifically.

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
The following article is the first report I have seen from a ride operator on the test and adjust team who has ridden Smuggler's Run. The article really doesn't say anything new just more vague descriptions on how it's really cool. More of a tease than anything else, but I thought I would post it so people can judge for themselves.

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/04/...erience-on-star-wars-galaxys-edge-attraction/

SWGalaxysEdge

The following article is the first report I have seen from a ride operator on the test and adjust team who has ridden Smuggler's Run. The article really doesn't say anything new just more vague descriptions on how it's really cool. More of a tease than anything else, but I thought I would post it so people can judge for themselves.

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/04/...erience-on-star-wars-galaxys-edge-attraction/

...not that I've seen one of the ride missions (wink wink) but the one I saw looked like it was right out of 'Solo'
Seemed to go by pretty quick.

SWGalaxysEdge

I heard 3 missions with various outcomes, is that what you’re hearing too?

...yep 3 missions. (1) Get the coaxium (2) chase by space monster (see image) and a 3rd one that I can't remember.

images (4).jpg

SWGalaxysEdge

Great News - Smugglers Run. Heard through the grapevine, as of this Friday 4/26 the Smugglers Run attraction will be at "Full Guest Mode"
This means it is 100% ready for guests to ride it, even though there will be no guests until May 31st.
Training will continue for CMs to make sure they have the whole procedure down, when guests arrive!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom