• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Military Discounted tickets and MDE

cslafferty

Original Poster
My husband and I are taking my sister to WDW Dec. 8-14. She is a military widow, and can get the special promo 5 day military passes. We already have a room only reservation at CR. My question is will we be able to link those passes to MDE in order to do FP reservations? We also want to add DDP but I don't think I can until we have resort and tickets linked to MDE. I guess she will get a voucher when she orders the tickets, but will have to pick up the actual tickets in person from SOG once we get there??? Hoping someone can clear this up for us. Have gone to WDW many times but have never used the military discounted passes before. Thanks!

Legendary

Advertisement
Yes. We get our tickets from our local base (she does not have to go through SOG) and they give you vouchers that need to be exchanged for tickets at guest services at any park or Disney Springs. The vouchers have a number that can be linked to MDE. ou can then make your fast pass reservations as well.
It would be the same process with the SOG. She would have to confirm that SOG can mail out the vouchers a few years back they wouldn’t. It’s much easier to go through her local base. They can always order them if they don’t keep them in stock.
In the past you just needed a resort reservation linked to get the dining plan but that may have changed.

cslafferty

Original Poster
Yes. We get our tickets from our local base (she does not have to go through SOG) and they give you vouchers that need to be exchanged for tickets at guest services at any park or Disney Springs. The vouchers have a number that can be linked to MDE. ou can then make your fast pass reservations as well.
It would be the same process with the SOG. She would have to confirm that SOG can mail out the vouchers a few years back they wouldn’t. It’s much easier to go through her local base. They can always order them if they don’t keep them in stock.
In the past you just needed a resort reservation linked to get the dining plan but that may have changed.
Thanks! That really helps!! She is a relatively new widow, and she's still learning all about military discounts. She's also new to WDW - we took her with us in Dec. 2016 - seeing WDW during the holidays was on her bucket list! She fell in love with WDW!! My husband and I have stayed at the CR with a theme park view before, and that became her new bucket list wish, so we're taking care of that this year!

When I made our room only reservations, it wouldn't let me add the dining plan without having park tickets. But, I'll try adding the dining plan through MDE. Thanks again!

Krl2791

We are military also and when we went last December, I had to call to make the room and dining reservations. I bought our tickets through our local base and had no issues attaching them to MDE and making FP reservations at the 60 day mark. I know you said you had a hotel, were you able to get the military rate on that? If available, I believe it is 40% on deluxe, 35% moderate and 30% value. We will be there the week before you this year. :) Also, not sure if you use memory maker or not, but that is also hugely discounted for military. Disney definitely treats active duty and vets right!

Legendary

You will need to call to add the dining plan. MDE has no way of recognizing that your Military. Yes, I forgot make sure you double check that you got the military discount on the resort.

cslafferty

Original Poster
We are military also and when we went last December, I had to call to make the room and dining reservations. I bought our tickets through our local base and had no issues attaching them to MDE and making FP reservations at the 60 day mark. I know you said you had a hotel, were you able to get the military rate on that? If available, I believe it is 40% on deluxe, 35% moderate and 30% value. We will be there the week before you this year. :) Also, not sure if you use memory maker or not, but that is also hugely discounted for military. Disney definitely treats active duty and vets right!
I knew about memory maker discount, but not the military discount on the resorts! The resort reservation is in my name, with my sister listed as who I am traveling with. Will that work? Should she call Disney Travel to get the discount for our resort?

larryz

Can't 'Member Anything
Premium Member
I knew about memory maker discount, but not the military discount on the resorts! The resort reservation is in my name, with my sister listed as who I am traveling with. Will that work? Should she call Disney Travel to get the discount for our resort?
Yes. She'll have to be primary on at least one of the rooms.

Krl2791

Like Larryz said, yes, at least one of the rooms will need to be in her name. It is not always available, but definitely worth a call to see if it might happen to work for the nights you are there. It is a good savings!

Top Bottom