Military Discount Ticket Upgrade Question

rlaeromech

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times.......
If I buy 6 military 4 day tickets at $138 each, can I upgrade them to a six day pass and what's the difference in $$. How do they figure the difference? Is it.

a. 6 day ticket - $138 = cost of upgrade

or

b. 6 day ticket - 4 day ticket (normal price) = cost of upgrade

Obviously b. is a better deal if I want to spend 6 days there. If the answer is a, then its better for me to buy a Florida Resident Season Pass.

Any advise is appreciated! The family I am helping is also Florida Residents so the same would apply to the $119 4 day special.

Rick

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
You PM'd me and I replied, but in case anybody else is wondering, this was what I answered:

It depends on whether there are restrictions on the Military Discount tickets that would prevent them from being upgraded. If not, then yes, once you've used at least one admission on the tickets, you could upgrade them based on the difference between a current 4-day hopper ticket and whatever you're upgrading to. The discount would be maintained.

The best info I could find about restrictions is that you can find out at your military outlet where you buy the tickets. This is the info from AllEars:

For complete information regarding Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort (including official eligibility requirements, restrictions and black-out dates), or to make room reservations at the Walt Disney World Resort, military personnel may call (407) 939-7830 or participating U.S. military base ticket offices.

I'm fairly sure you should be able to upgrade Military Discount tickets, but I can't say so with 100% certainty.

Now... If I could only convince them to extend those discounts to Canadian veterans! :shrug:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom