Miley Cyrus 16th Birthday Bash at Disneyland

DDuckFan130

Wow.

Wow because of all the posts in response.

The article says the money is going to charity.

So what if this is another publicity stunt? At least that particular charity is going to get help and donations. It's like Brangelina selling baby pictures, but all the money going to charity. To me, the bigger picture here is people less deserving getting help. But I guess we're too focused on the bandwagon of "let's bash the Disney Channel star who is ruining all things Disney."

If I were Miley, hell yeah I'd be celebrating in style too. How many threads have we had about "what would you do with a million dollars" or whatever. Now when we see that realization in SOMEONE else, suddenly it sucks.

EPCOT Explorer

Wow.

So what if this is another publicity stunt? At least that particular charity is going to get help and donations. It's like Brangelina selling baby pictures, but all the money going to charity. To me, the bigger picture here is people less deserving getting help. But I guess we're too focused on the bandwagon of "let's bash the Disney Channel star who is ruining all things Disney."

If I were Miley, hell yeah I'd be celebrating in style too. How many threads have we had about "what would you do with a million dollars" or whatever. Now when we see that realization in SOMEONE else, suddenly it sucks.
True...I didn't notice that.

I agree.

Well said.

PeoplemoverTTA

Wow.

I definitely see your point....I will add, though, that if the purpose of the shindig was to benefit sick or needy children, and not to generate even more publicity for the marketing machine that is Miley, then perhaps they would have been much better to bring those kids to the party.

Instead, rich kids will be "hanging out" with Miley and children's charities receive a random check. I think it's nice that the money is being donated, don't get me wrong, but it's not like the party is being held for the sole purpose of generating funds for charity. The purpose is to feed the media "machine" that is Miley Cyrus (and ultimately further pad the wallets of TWDC through merch sales, etc.). I'm not faulting Miley or TWDC for this, as it's all business, but remember, it is business, and that's the whole reason for the party.

DDuckFan130

I definitely see your point....I will add, though, that if the purpose of the shindig was to benefit sick or needy children, and not to generate even more publicity for the marketing machine that is Miley, then perhaps they would have been much better to bring those kids to the party.

Instead, rich kids will be "hanging out" with Miley and children's charities receive a random check. I think it's nice that the money is being donated, don't get me wrong, but it's not like the party is being held for the sole purpose of generating funds for charity. The purpose is to feed the media "machine" that is Miley Cyrus (and ultimately further pad the wallets of TWDC through merch sales, etc.). I'm not faulting Miley or TWDC for this, as it's all business, but remember, it is business, and that's the whole reason for the party.
I agree with that completely. But I figure if this is the only way to get people to give up some of their riches and give it to people who needs it, then oh well :lol:

apatten22

If you read the first post carefully it does say there will be kids there from that charity sharing the day with Miley.

rbrower

I agree that it would be nice if there was an event just for the charity, but let's face it: most people who will be going are going just for Miley, not for the charity. I'm pretty sure that there will be a larger turnout for Miley's birthday party than there would be for a charity event. I'm just glad that they have made the decision to donate the money to charity, rather than keep it. :)

darthjohnny

I don't know why everyone wants to bash her. No one really complained when Disney shut the park down to promote Pirates of the Caribbean 3 and sold tickets at $1500 a pop with the money going to charity. Don't tell me you would turn down a free party at Disney held in your honor. If she wants have fun and have a party like this, let her.

wild01ride

I don't know why everyone wants to bash her. No one really complained when Disney shut the park down to promote Pirates of the Caribbean 3 and sold tickets at $1500 a pop with the money going to charity. Don't tell me you would turn down a free party at Disney held in your honor.

No doubt!
Good point!

rbrower

I don't know why everyone wants to bash her. No one really complained when Disney shut the park down to promote Pirates of the Caribbean 3 and sold tickets at $1500 a pop with the money going to charity. Don't tell me you would turn down a free party at Disney held in your honor. If she wants have fun and have a party like this, let her.
I agree. Didn't they let Lindsay Lohan have her party there a couple of years ago? I think that I heard that somewhere, and I think that wherever that was posted, it said that her friends trashed parts of it and that they acted horrible towards all of the cast members. Just saying.............:)

goofntink

Wait, so you're telling me, all the Hoopla that will be at WDW on October 3rd and 4th, isn't Miley Cyrus? Or is there still a chance?

Sorry that's it,she ain't coming,not a chance. October 3rd was a MNSSHP night,but they cancelled it,and the park hours for that day are now 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. October 4th is now a MNSSHP night,and park hours are 9 a.m.-7 p.m.

Also,as tightly as her father controls her money,[news reports she gets a $50.00 week allowance] if Disney wasn't throwing her the party,her father would not let her pay for a party that expensive.

My wife just said E! stated she asked her dad for a Mercedes C-class for her B-Day,but her dad told her no,she needed to start looking at a Hybrid.HAHAHAHA

the-reason14

Sorry that's it,she ain't coming,not a chance. October 3rd was a MNSSHP night,but they cancelled it,and the park hours for that day are now 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. October 4th is now a MNSSHP night,and park hours are 9 a.m.-7 p.m.

Also,as tightly as her father controls her money,[news reports she gets a $50.00 week allowance] if Disney wasn't throwing her the party,her father would not let her pay for a party that expensive.

My wife just said E! stated she asked her dad for a Mercedes C-class for her B-Day,but her dad told her no,she needed to start looking at a Hybrid.HAHAHAHA

Wow, really? I thought the so called hoopla was gonna actually be somethin to celebrate. But anyways, I know this girl is rakin in wads of cash, I just think its sad that nowadays hollywood will look at appearances and if a person is marketable rather than talent. Because she hardly has any if any at all. I guess she just isnt for me, people love her, and she seems nice and sweet, she's jus in my eyes missing talent to justify that paycheck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom