Mike Scopa Introduction

MikeScopa

Original Poster
Hi Everyone,

I guess better late than never. I've been lurking for many years as without a doubt WDWMagic in my estimation is at the top of my list in terms of reporting and without a doubt some of the most informed Disney fans on the internet. I have enjoyed reading many of the forums and have had many thoughts on many of the topics but never got around to registering and throwing in my thoughts and contributing to the discussions....until now.

As far as stuff about me...

• I grew up with Walt Disney and the Mickey Mouse Club in the 50's and over the years grew more and more enthralled with what Walt has built.
  • In 1964 while in the 8th grade I did a report on the 1964 World's Fair and found more and more information on the Disney Company.
  • My first trip to Walt Disney World was in 1975...since then I have visited the resort about 200 times.
  • I have also visited DisneyLand several times and have enjoyed cruises on all the Disney Cruise ships....yes I am a fan.
  • Over the years I have been a blogger/contributor/writer to MousePlanet and All Ears.
  • I have also been a podcaster, co-hosting V1.0 of WDWToday, The Mickey Miles Podcast, and The Mickey Miles and More Podcast.
  • I have been keynote speaker at Fred Block's MagicMeets and Mousefest.
  • I have been fortunate to have been named Happiest Passholder of the Year by the Disney Company and have had the honor of having one of my blogs, "The Disney Zone" placed on Roy Disney's "Save Disney" site.
  • I have been co-captain of two Disney oriented running teams...one Team All-Ears (co-captains Michelle Scribner-MacLean) and Mickey Miles (Michelle and Chris Eliopoulos).
So over the last 45 years I have really dived deep into the world of Disney.

I have been studying, writing, podcasting, and enjoying the Disney culture for a long time...not always agreeing with everything the company has brought forth to its guests but along the way gained insight as to why they do what they do.

I have been lucky enough to have met and talked with Disney executives and have learned quite a bit about how they see their company and how decisions are made.

I have been fortunate to see and learn a lot of things backstage and over the years have made many friends, including very close friends who are cast members and this has given me many perspectives which I hope will yield some insight and help me make what I hope are contributions to the discussions in this forum.

So that's my humble introduction.

One more thing.

I want to once again pay tribute to Steve for launching WDWMAGIC back in 1996 and today this site is without a doubt the top WDW fan site on the internet.

if you would like more about Steve and this site I humbly point you to an article I wrote for MousePlanet in 2003.

The link is here if you would like to read it.

Thanks Steve for over 24 years of WDWMAGIC.

Regards,

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Welcome aboard Mike, great to have you here! What a wonderful introduction. You have such a great knowledge of Disney, really looking forward to your posts. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom