1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Middle or end of August for lower crowds?

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Planning' started by Courtney6682, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Courtney6682

Courtney6682 Well-Known Member

Hi friends!

Is there a better time go to in that time frame? I know Southern schools go back at some point in August, just not sure when.

Thanks in advance!

2. the_rich

the_rich Active Member

I've always gone the 2nd week of August and the crowds were non existent for the most part.

Courtney6682 likes this.
  3. Courtney6682

Courtney6682 Well-Known Member Original Poster

Thank you! Duhhh...I went the first week of Aug in 2015, and was pleasantly surprised. Can't go that week this year, but I will def look into the 2nd week as well.

4. kelliechris

kelliechris New Member

Our schools start back mid-August, usually somewhere between the 13th and 18th. We're in northern KY. I read an article yesterday stating they were thinking of pushing the start date to the end of August. That could be nice for future trips for us!

Courtney6682 likes this.
  5. figmentfan423

figmentfan423 Well-Known Member

We were there last August and the first 2 weeks at Disney weren't bad at all. The third and into the 4th week we were over at UNI. 3rd week was very quiet and the 4th week we thought we had the place to ourselves. Hope that helps.

Courtney6682 likes this.
  6. Courtney6682

Courtney6682 Well-Known Member Original Poster

Yes! Thank you friend!! Booking now lol

DiSnEyF@n and figmentfan423 like this.
  7. jlsHouston

jlsHouston Well-Known Member

Haven't done August since summer of 2014. We went 8/4-8/15 and it was crowded in 2014.

Courtney6682 likes this.
  8. mouserrificmom

mouserrificmom New Member

I am interested in this as well as we are firming up on 8/12 - 8/20 . . . wondering when the FLA schools return?

Courtney6682 likes this.
  9. LeighM

LeighM Well-Known Member

I once went the last week in August and thought the crowds would be lower. Turned out that year had some of the highest crowd levels for the end of August LOL. Go figure! There was even a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico and the crowds were still there. The winds kept the temps so nice...but then it went inland and the heat and humidity came back full force :)

jlsHouston likes this.
  10. jlsHouston

jlsHouston Well-Known Member

I agree, counting on August crowds to be better in early or mid August is not a pony to bet on. And I find the August humidity tougher than June or early July.
    But if August is only time I could swing a summer visit I would still do it and I would be in parks at night , sleep til noon and do pools in afternoon. Actually we kind of keep that schedule even in June or July it just is more bearable.

LeighM likes this.