Middle Earth theme park at Universal

Sam Magic

Original Poster
According to Hypable Universal and the Tolkien family are in talks to create a Hobbit, LTR , and Middle Earth land at Universal Orlando. While I know this could be un-true it does seem like Uni to do. If this goes through Disney will be crushed, Disney needs to make a comeback because Avatar and Carsland will not be enough-thoughts?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
A rumor from Orlando United's forum? I'll wait until they actually break ground....

MerlinTheGoat

I have no idea whether this source is reputable or anything. Do any insiders such as @whylightbulb @Lee or anyone else have anything to confirm this? Would be awesome if true, though i've heard Universal is supposedly looking at a Jurassic Park expansion next. Though I suppose they can do as much as they wish at once, especially as they're on such a roll.

Though I'm sure this topic will be moved, not technically in the correct place here.

Sam Magic

Original Poster
Once again sorry if it was incorrect. I would love a LOTR land or park, just not done by Universal. I think it would hurt Universal in the aspect that they would have two competing franchises in the same park. LOTR and Star Wars is just what Disney needs to gain back visitors.

djlaosc

Once again sorry if it was incorrect. I would love a LOTR land or park, just not done by Universal. I think it would hurt Universal in the aspect that they would have two competing franchises in the same park. LOTR and Star Wars is just what Disney needs to gain back visitors.

So it would hurt Universal to have both LOTR and HP, but it wouldn't hurt Disney to have both LOTR and SW?

WDW1974

You aren't incorrect. UNI does have an interest in said franchises (disclaimer: I have never seen any of the films or read the books, so this gets me about as psyched as Avatar) and I know some 'things' are going on behind the scenes.

I don't know who is talking to whom or how far or serious those talks are, but they are happening.

But @Lee, who hates Disney with every fiber of his being, is correct that the current BIG things headed to IOA will be in JP and Seuss Landing. ... Down the road ... who knows?

BryceM

I might be crushed for this opinion, but I don't want Universal to have another big franchise land in the park. Port of Entry and The Lost Continent are the only non-franchise lands in Islands of Adventure, and I surely don't want to demolish the latter. Alas, I know I wouldn't be disappointed of what Universal could do with LOTR. I just would love to see The Lost Continent becoming better with new attractions or replacements/upgrades to the current attractions in that land.

Can't wait for the new Jurassic Park ride and the rumored Seuss Landing ride!

Sam Magic

Original Poster
I might be crushed for this opinion, but I don't want Universal to have another big franchise land in the park. Port of Entry and The Lost Continent are the only non-franchise lands in Islands of Adventure, and I surely don't want to demolish the latter. Alas, I know I wouldn't be disappointed of what Universal could do with LOTR. I just would love to see The Lost Continent becoming better with new attractions or replacements/upgrades to the current attractions in that land.

Can't wait for the new Jurassic Park ride and the rumored Seuss Landing ride!

Exactly my point too much competition in one park. I would like to see some originality from both sides. I think it would be nice to have maybe a small little Hobbit area in Lost continent or re-place Marvel with Middle Earth and have some transition between both sides of the lake. As for Disney a great franchise would be Chris Collfers The Land of Stories and make a half day park based on that series to satisfy Potter , LOTR , and fantasy fans. In all Disney could make a comeback if Uni did build Middle Earth down the road.

Sam Magic

Original Poster
You aren't incorrect. UNI does have an interest in said franchises (disclaimer: I have never seen any of the films or read the books, so this gets me about as psyched as Avatar) and I know some 'things' are going on behind the scenes.

I don't know who is talking to whom or how far or serious those talks are, but they are happening.

But @Lee, who hates Disney with every fiber of his being, is correct that the current BIG things headed to IOA will be in JP and Seuss Landing. ... Down the road ... who knows?

Thank you, I would like to see updates in both JP and Seuss Landing. Last time I was their SL was in terrible condition.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
To me its the only other lucrative IP that's out there, and with renewed interest due to The Hobbit films, I think its a perfect time to start such a project. I'd like to see an entire LOTR park but doubt it would happen.

WDW1974: Trust me, they're 1000% times better films than Avatar. I was never much into fantasy movies until I saw the first LOTR movie, then I was hooked, they're masterful and I would argue the best cinematography ever in film.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom