Micromanaging Mom

clarabellej

Original Poster
I just need to vent and saw the orange post button!

My daughter will be going on a Disney trip with a school group next Thursday for Spring Break.

I am not going. That is probably the biggest thing. I was torn between just letting her go or me tagging along. I chose the latter. She is 17.

We have gone to Disney for the past 11 years together.

It sort of became our thing. We’d go just the two of us. Another mom and friend or just friends. We always had a blast.

So I thought, let me let her do her own thing.

The school wanted chaperones. Turns out not one parent is going. I think more for financial reasons.

So that would have really been awkward if I went. There will be three teachers & 20 kids.

My daughter was very unsure about going. Number one, she has been before. Number two, she felt like no one was going. She really waited before making a decision.

I sort of insisted she go.

Now I am kicking myself.

Here’s why: the teacher did not reserve any FPs for the kids. She did not see the point.

OMG. This is where me aka Micromanaging Mom has a complete conniption fit. You know the emoji where the smiley face’s head is blowing up at the top?!! I don’t see one on here. Oh wait, I found it on my phone 🤯.

Well that is me.

Who goes to WDW during Spring Break without FPs???

I can see the long lines and frustration. The kids wandering aimlessly.

Sorry, but I just think that is so stupid I want to scream.

I actually responded “reply all” to the teachers email to the parents with the trip info.

I know that was so tacky (I am a Texas girl) of me, but geez. No one has responded.

I do not think anyone has a clue. But me, Super Disney Mom. 😥

The teacher could get on the phone with Disney and someone could still walk them thru getting some Disney FPs. Even at this late date.

It will be a fiasco and a waste of money not having FPs.

I do not think they are even planning on setting things up to allow the kids to get passes day of.

Plus she sent out a packing list that mentions shampoo and conditioner, but not sunscreen.

She gives instructions on having liquids in a quart sized bag.

?????

This is driving me nuts.

Is it time for me to “Let it Go?????!!!!!!”

Help.

Any Moms out there who can sympathize with me? My last bird will be taking wing soon and flying away from the nest.

There, I’ve said it. She’ll be off to college in the fall.

Truthfully, the teacher not reserving FPs is bothering me more 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

And the fact that I am not going to Disney 😥

MouseDreaming

My daughter did two school trips there last year. The first was with marching band during Christmas week. They went without fp's, and it was fine. They didn't get to go on all the rides they wanted, but that wasn't really the point of the trip. Second trip was in February, with poms. No fp's that trip, either. They didn't do many rides, but again, that was not what that trip was about, either. Was she disappointed? A little. Enough that she won't be going on the trip to DL for spring break 2020 with band? Nope. She is really excited, and has her countdown going.

Let it go. She will have a great time with her friends, and come back with lots of stories for you.

HouCuseChickie

A friend of mine went through something similar a year or two ago. I was shocked that nobody bothered doing anything in advance for fast passes, but she advised me to not look at it as a regular trip to the Disney parks. Not saying that kids don't want to go on attractions, but she said after seeing her older ones on other trips, she realized the trip was more about a bit of freedom and being in a fun place with friends. I thought it would only be enhanced if they had FPs in place, but she said for field trip purposes and kids of that age, go with the flow on arrival tended to keep the kids happier.

Not quite an apples to apples comparison, but I'm chaperoning my older one's choir trip to Six Flags Over Texas next month. Being so spoiled with Disney fastpasses, I wanted to buy into Flash Pass. I don't think any of the other parents want to deal with the extra $ and after talking to my daughter, it sounds like I'm just there to follow them around wherever they want to go...when they want to go there...and not listen into their conversations in any of the long lines we're sure to be in during the day (I'll be listening!). Kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom