Micro Disneyland Dioramas

TJJohn12

Original Poster
So, I've been playing with the idea of starting an Adventureland themed HO scale model railroad (see this thread over at Burnsland). But that has me thinking more and more in HO scale. Plus, with the pandemic, my 3D printer which used to live in my office at work now lives on a table in the living room. So it's been absorbing some of my geek energy.

I've been printing a fleet of Jungle Cruise boats, and decided they needed a home for now. So the first diorama was born - built to fit within a 4-inch cube softball display case (click on any photo to view larger on Flickr):

But that set me down the road to represent each of the original lands of Disneyland with an iconic diorama. And this happened:

And these dioramas are addicting - as is pushing their limits more and more. My latest is a second Frontierland entry:

As for what's next? Not quite sure yet. But figured you'd all enjoy these so far.

TJJohn12

Original Poster
These look great! Would love to see more of these. Perhaps some Matterhorn Bobsleds, or Mr Toad's car

I've designed a Mr. Toad ride vehicle and tried printing it at HO scale - but at this scale they're just insanely tiny. But printed at O scale they look nice... just gotta figure out the right diorama for it. Also, I don't own an inkjet printer, so I'll need to jump that hurdle. I know... irony - I can print objects but not on paper.

I've been working up some Doombuggies and Rocket Jets as well - the former prints well at HO and the latter is likely going to need to be O scale.

Sneak preview:
50668291523_4644c339be_n.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom