Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

So guys.... I will be in the parks on November 23-30 and this will be my first time in the parks for any other time than summer time. My question is this, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party starts at 7 pm and ends at midnight starting nov 8 according to disneyworld.disney.go.com so if I DON'T have a ticket to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, will I be asked to leave the park at 7 even if I have my park admission ticket? It may sound like a dumb question but I need to know so I can know if i need to buy the additional ticket for MVMCP

dmleblanc1971

Original Poster
If you don't have a ticket to MVMCP, you will be herded out at 7:00.
CM's were not even allowing folks to linger in the shops past 7:00 during MNSSHP a few weeks ago.
thanks for your info... so does this take place every night from nov 8 til whenever? or is it only certain nights, because i might just go to MK on a night when MVMCP isn't going on so i get my full day in. or do you think it's just worth the purchase?

Upvote 0

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
thanks for your info... so does this take place every night from nov 8 til whenever? or is it only certain nights, because i might just go to MK on a night when MVMCP isn't going on so i get my full day in. or do you think it's just worth the purchase?
I think it's only 2 or 3 times per week.
Now that my yearly trip is over, I haven't been scouring park calendars and touring strategy sites every day.

I would never pay extra for these hard ticket parties, but that's me.

On the plus side, MK is much quieter on party nights, as folks without Park Hoppers skip it and go to a park with later hours and night time entertainment.
There is no regular parade or fireworks on party nights, save for the special parade and fireworks offered as part of MNSSHP or MVMCP.

For the record, we were able to catch the Hallowe'en edition of fireworks from the fourth floor observation area at the Contemporary. They were having glitches with the audio; but the fireworks, while always impressive, didn't seem that different than Wishes.

If you have Park Hoppers, I would recommend hitting MK as your first park, and then leaving before 4:00 for your evening park.

Enjoy your trip.

Upvote 0

dmleblanc1971

Original Poster
I think it's only 2 or 3 times per week.
Now that my yearly trip is over, I haven't been scouring park calendars and touring strategy sites every day.

I would never pay extra for these hard ticket parties, but that's me.

On the plus side, MK is much quieter on party nights, as folks without Park Hoppers skip it and go to a park with later hours and night time entertainment.
There is no regular parade or fireworks on party nights, save for the special parade and fireworks offered as part of MNSSHP or MVMCP.

For the record, we were able to catch the Hallowe'en edition of fireworks from the fourth floor observation area at the Contemporary. They were having glitches with the audio; but the fireworks, while always impressive, didn't seem that different than Wishes.

If you have Park Hoppers, I would recommend hitting MK as your first park, and then leaving before 4:00 for your evening park.

Enjoy your trip.
thanks so much!!

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

We had a ticket to MNSSHP last month and we picked that day as our MK day because we knew the crowds would be lower there. We walked onto Splash Mtn at noon and it was a pretty hot day. People without park hoppers tend to go elsewhere to maximize their ticke so crowds at MK are usually pretty low on party days. Of course this means no nighttime parades or Wishes so if those two things are must do's for you, then pick a night when there isn't a party.

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Yup. Just certain nights.

Nope, you can't just stay and play. You need a ticket for the party.

But you ONLY need a ticket for the party. People who come after 4:00 p.m. will not need a regular ticket - JUST a party ticket.

I didn't realize this...

Upvote 0

dmleblanc1971

Original Poster
Well I just looked at the schedule that was posted for November and it doesn't look like they even have MVMCP going on at all the whole week I'll be there. Guess they don't do it for thanksgiving.

Upvote 0

luv

I didn't realize this...
It comes up a lot, with regard to the parties. It is confusing when it's your first party!

You also don't need to put your finger on the scanner when you use your party ticket. :) Thats just additional, useless, Disney-related, trivial info that has clogged up my brain. It's not important and putting your finger on the scanner can't hurt. :)

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

It comes up a lot, with regard to the parties. It is confusing when it's your first party!

You also don't need to put your finger on the scanner when you use your party ticket. :) Thats just additional, useless, Disney-related, trivial info that has clogged up my brain. It's not important and putting your finger on the scanner can't hurt. :)

I am not even sure how to do this party to get the most "bang for the buck"... I am going to send my daughter and the grandkids the first Friday nite we are there to it but I may just chill at the resort or visit DtD...I am going the last Sunday, just me and the grands, I bought tickets for the 12/1 party and I managed to book the tomorrowland dessert party that night too...Will there be fireworks and will I have a good view of them ?

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Bogus. If it helps any, the Christmas party isn't that good. The Halloween one is, but I really don't think the Christmas party is worth paying to visit. IMO. :)
Well we have to try it...once at least..see the snow on main street..I am mainly wondering about the parades and fireworks....

Upvote 0

luv

I think everyone should go once and see for themselves!!! That goes for everything except, maybe, Tony's restaurant.
I am not even sure how to do this party to get the most "bang for the buck"... I am going to send my daughter and the grandkids the first Friday nite we are there to it but I may just chill at the resort or visit DtD...I am going the last Sunday, just me and the grands, I bought tickets for the 12/1 party and I managed to book the tomorrowland dessert party that night too...Will there be fireworks and will I have a good view of them ?
There will be fireworks. Whether or not you have a good view depends on where you stand. :) Everyone has their own preferences on that.

I avoid being far up, close to the castle, because you miss a lot. Standing down by the train station is another thing I don't like, because you're so far back. It's harder to get lost in the fireworks and I think you miss some of the lower stuff. Off to the left makes them seem off center to me.

I like to be right about at the end of Main Street, before the hub. I also like being slightly off to the right, so long as nothing (and I mean NOTHING) is obscuring my view.

Standing behind the castle is fine if you've seen the fireworks a lot and don't need the show. People often recommend it because it isn't crowded. But you miss all the stuff in front of the castle, have to turn around a lot to see everything (even during regular Wishes) and do not get the whole experience. I strongly advise NOT standing behind the castle, especially for newbies.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

Well we have to try it...once at least..see the snow on main street..I am mainly wondering about the parades and fireworks....
We love the parade and the show on the castle. Others don't like the free hot chocolate and cookies, but we loved them. If you don't make the party, they also have it snowing at the Osborne Family Lights in DHS nightly.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom