Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

KKnopf

I was wondering is the "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party" Worth the money? For my family it would be about $150... We are use to Snow, coming from New England, so that is no big deal, and the extra time in the parks, we get with the extra magic hours... so the only thing I see as being extra is the special parade... Can someone tell me if I am missing something and is it worth the extra money?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I was wondering is the "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party" Worth the money? For my family it would be about $150... We are use to Snow, coming from New England, so that is no big deal, and the extra time in the parks, we get with the extra magic hours... so the only thing I see as being extra is the special parade... Can someone tell me if I am missing something and is it worth the extra money?

Personally, I did not think it was worth the extra money. Now I must state that the night we went, I left early to take our youngest and father and law back to the resort and did not stay late. I was ready to go to bed myself. I thought that Holiday Wishes was worth the wait, but to me it was just as crowded as it was all day and the parade, although different, was not astonishing in my opinion. But that being said, if you have never been, you should go at least once to see if you like it....

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Not only do you get the parade but you get the Holiday fireworks, special Christmas shows that you can only see at the party, Carolers, snow on main street, beautiful Christmas decorations, Holiday music played throughout the park,most of the attractions will be open also etc. They only sell a certain amount of tickets so that you do not have the normal daytime crowds. You also have hot chocolate and christmas cookies and a family picture taken.

I think it's worth the money or I wouldn't have done it 5 times since the first year that they started it.

I love Christmas and I love Disney so I think this party is wonderful.

Pam

Upvote 0

pinkrose

I love it and think it's well worth the money.

If you are using MMY tickets and you decide to do the party, I would use that day to explore the other resorts, shop at DTD, relax, ect instead of wasting a day off of your ticket. You are allowed to enter the park about 4:00 with your party ticket. If you are using MMY tickets and don't have the "no experation" feature, the never mind.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

If you are using MMY tickets and you decide to do the party, I would use that day to explore the other resorts, shop at DTD, relax, ect instead of wasting a day off of your ticket. You are allowed to enter the park about 4:00 with your party ticket. If you are using MMY tickets and don't have the "no experation" feature, the never mind.
I agree. We arrived in Orlando the night we had MVMCP tickets. So we only went to that party, which saved us a day on our MMY ticket.

Upvote 0

kennygman

We're going to AK during the day then MVMCP in the evening. AK closes at 5. We went last year and had a fun time. The "Snow" isn't real snow it's Disney "Snow"

Upvote 0

lscott933

well it all depends on what your going to disney for. if you going for the holiday theme. then yes. if your going to disney to get out of the cold then no. it is a fun time to get in the holiday spirit.

Upvote 0

KeithVH

I think it has changed over the years and you may run into differing viewpoints based on that. When it first started, there were many nights where attendance was so low every ride was a walk-on. Nowadays I hear (since we haven't gone the last year) that some nights are no different from an average weekend day (crowd-wise).

From the perspective of atmosphere, nothing beats it. Between the themed parade, decorations, snow on Main Street, at least one Xmas show, hot chocolate and cookies (better on a cold night), and more, if you've never been, it's worth it to go at least once. Now that our kids are older, we evaluate the cost against an extra table serivce or a tour we haven't done. But for young kids, where you have limited options, the party is the way to go at least once.

Upvote 0

imamouse

We went last year for the first time, and enjoyed it very much. Our sons are older, so they were not interested in the characters and shows. But, we did have the free family photo taken and enjoyed walking on all of the attractions. Oh, and the FREE hot chocolate and cookies were a hit!

We booked an early dinner at the CP so that we would already be in the park when the magic started. It was great nearly having the MK to ourselves for a little while.

I agree that it is expensive, but it was virturally the only time we spent in the MK for the week, as the best rides were all walk-ons. So, for that alone, it was worth it to us. Some nights are more crowded that others. Stay away from weekend nights (including Sundays) and you should be OK.

Upvote 0

AEfx

I see snow all the time at home as well in the winter, but nothing beats seeing is snow on Main Street all the way down to the Castle. It's beautiful.

I enjoy the parties. I see why the expense might be a lot for a family to absorb, and don't think you can't live without it; but if you can swing it I can definately say I don't believe it's a waste of money.

AEfx

Upvote 0

metman

Do you get 1 hot chocolate and 1 cookie
Or can you go and get free refills on the night
as i am thinking of booking it for my family
and how long does the night run for 3 hours like
EMH or longer. Thanks for any help in advance
andy

Upvote 0

scorp111

Do you get 1 hot chocolate and 1 cookie
Or can you go and get free refills on the night
as i am thinking of booking it for my family
and how long does the night run for 3 hours like
EMH or longer. Thanks for any help in advance
andy

As far as the hot chocolate and cookie, when I went in 2004, nobody was counting.

The party is set for 5 hours.

Like the others have said, if you have children that will tire quickly, let them rest at some point during the day. We did this for the MNSSHP in September, and our 3 year old made it til midnight.

Upvote 0
We like it...

We've been at WDW twice before during MVMCP and both times we bought tickets for the family. I can't imagine not going if we were there at that time of the year. We're from PA and I work outdoors...I see plenty of snow as well but this is not the same. It's all about the magical fantasy that you are a part of the whole time you are on vacation. Adding the Christmas element just makes it that much better...as long as you don't forget the real reason for the season...:xmas:

Upvote 0

Gucci65

We've been at WDW twice before during MVMCP and both times we bought tickets for the family. I can't imagine not going if we were there at that time of the year. We're from PA and I work outdoors...I see plenty of snow as well but this is not the same. It's all about the magical fantasy that you are a part of the whole time you are on vacation. Adding the Christmas element just makes it that much better...as long as you don't forget the real reason for the season...:xmas:

I'm with you on this. IF I was in WDW and didn't go to this event, I would definately feel like I had missed out. I have been 6 times and will go again next December!!

I have noticed that after the first parade, the crowd really starts thinning out. I think that is when most little kids finally give out. We usually stay til 11pm and then crawl back to the resort (since we have been in one of the parks since early that morning). Tired, but very happy!!

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

This year will be our first time at WDW during the holiday season. We have our tickets to this and I can't wait. We did the halloween party 2 years ago and loved it. I'm sure this will be just as much fun.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Upvote 0

Mystic

Holly, We're arriving at the World the day before so that will be our first full day at the parks. So looking forward to the party. My first time going. Christmas and Disney, my two favourite things. :xmas::xmas:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom