News Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2019

Wreckem

Went Friday, it was busy but not as bad as a usual day.
Hopefully that holds true for the Dec 22 party. I booked it because it’s probably going to be substantially less busy that evening then the following 10 days. I’ll be at the Dec 22 party, evening of Dec 25 and Dec 30 as well as morning of Jan 1.

ToTBellHop

Hopefully that holds true for the Dec 22 party. I booked it because it’s probably going to be substantially less busy that evening then the following 10 days. I’ll be at the Dec 22 party, evening of Dec 25 and Dec 30 as well as morning of Jan 1.
That was also my perspective.

prberk

Also, cheesy 1980s aesthetic and musical numbers aside, the televised parade certainly used to be longer, more elaborate, and more exciting as a live televised event. It was still a commercial for WDW, but it was also less cynical.

I cannot agree with you more. My family (all ages) watched the live parade over Christmas doings every year... but now the pre-taped infomercial is just not there. It has no kinetic energy, which the live parade had in spades. The enthusiasm was more fun and real. Compare the live Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade to what we have today, and you will see the difference even today.

SpectroMagician

Went on November 17th and it was absurdly packed. They did not seem to be checking bracelets either which was extremely troubling. It was a waste of $100 each for my party as Space Mountain was closed most of the night and lines were as long as they were during the day.

IanDLBZF

And tonight’s party is sold out as well!
Sounds like I may be right about us seeing a record number of sold out Halloween and Christmas Parties like what we saw in 2014 and 2015.

YodaMan

Just echoing what was said, but went to the “sold out” party on Sunday the 8th and it was emptier than any of the “not sold out” MVMCP or MNSSHP parties that I’ve been to in the last 3 years. Easily got treats, waited no longer than 15 min for any characters, no camping needed for parades or shows, and only difficulty was Space because it had been down for most of the evening. Hovered around 30 min when it was operational. Not sure if the cap was lower or if there were that many no-shows.

JustInTime

Unpopular opinion: I didn’t LOVE Space Mountain at the Xmas party. You would see way too much of the track and which way you were about to go.

KikoKea

Just echoing what was said, but went to the “sold out” party on Sunday the 8th and it was emptier than any of the “not sold out” MVMCP or MNSSHP parties that I’ve been to in the last 3 years. Easily got treats, waited no longer than 15 min for any characters, no camping needed for parades or shows, and only difficulty was Space because it had been down for most of the evening. Hovered around 30 min when it was operational. Not sure if the cap was lower or if there were that many no-shows.
We noticed the same thing. Wasn't as crowded as MNSSHP, at all, even when MVMCP was sold out. It would be interesting to see numbers comparing the parties.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom