News Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2019

Duffman72

I apologize if it was mentioned elsewhere (I looked through the thread and didn’t see it), but is it known what the number of tickets sold are before they declare the Christmas Party sold out?

TTA94

I’m sure this has been discussed but how come Minnies Wonderful Christmastime doesn’t have the full perimeters that Holiday Wishes had?

MagicHappens1971

Anyone think MK will ever bring back the garland across Main Street? I know some reasons why they got rid of it, mostly castle views... 🙄 but maybe they could modify it somehow?
If I remember correctly they modified the garland most specifically because of the Maleficent float in FoF not the rest and I assume that the only other option would be to run the parade without it and that would be a shame

mm52200

If I remember correctly they modified the garland most specifically because of the Maleficent float in FoF not the rest and I assume that the only other option would be to run the parade without it and that would be a shame
The tallest float is actually Mickey balloon but yes several of the floats would create issues

Disone

Went tonight. Very busy. Longest lines where Jingle cruise, speedway and Space Mountain, all at about 25 to 30 minutes.

My roommate and I did Speedway and then immediately did it again. And then did something later in the evening we've never done in our history of going to Disney parks. " hey you want to go over and ride the speedway again?" Said no one ever, until tonight! lol

I probably hide it up too much but the point being is it didn't come across nearly as cheap as I thought it was going to. It's a great start. It's actually a pretty good layover for the holidays.

Space Mountain was also surprisingly good. I enjoyed the Trans-Siberian Orchestra rocking out. They had the music blasting! And it really added some energy to the ride. It was fun to kind of see the track and at the same time we had some neat lighting effects.

Jingle cruise needs some plussing but was still enjoyable.

I'll be in the minority here, I absolutely loved Minnie's fireworks. To me they're every bit as good as happily ever after 10 possibly slightly better. I know that's the point where several you will jump on me and say there is no way, what's wrong with me, how could you say that! But I just did so sorry. It isn't a slam dunk in but I really loved it.

The Christmas Time Parade is getting a little long in the tooth, it's time for it to be updated. Once Upon A Christmastime at Christmas... is kind of a song that yes it gets stuck in your head, but not in a good way.

On a more positive note... do like how almost every single parade float now has lighting effects on it. Some are very simple like just a few lit up Christmas trees but others are more elaborate. It makes it a special treat to see the parade at Night vs it's afternoon performances after the Very Merry Christmas parties are over.

And all the different types of cookies, I want station was even given up pretzels! They were big. But they were oddly paired with the Fanta grape juice?

Odd. But the upgrade to the different variety of cookies and also some other beverage offerings besides hot chocolate, apple cider, eggnog, fanta grape juice..... Not All of it was my cup of tea (ba dum ching!) but I appreciated the variety.

Overall I would say they've done a good job of adding value back into the Very Merry Christmas Party. It was becoming hard to justify the experience. But now with a lot more treats, some unique experiences, and upgrades to the ones that you can do during the normal Park hours, I think there is an argument to be said that it has some increased value again.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Overall I would say they've done a good job of adding value back into the Very Merry Christmas Party. It was becoming hard to justify the experience. But now with a lot more treats, some unique experiences, and upgrades to the ones that you can do during the normal Park hours, I think there is an argument to be said that it has some increased value again.
This is the last week of sub-$100 ticket availability for the general public. After it goes over $100, I'm not convinced it's a good "value."

Touchdown

Well, the savings the party affords me is that I can see the Christmas shows not during the holiday crush where I would pay astronomical rack rates at the hotels as opposed to the nice discount I procured for early December. I also really enjoy seeing the Christmas parade at night with the snoap machines on for the entire parade.

PeoplemoverTTA

This is the last week of sub-$100 ticket availability for the general public. After it goes over $100, I'm not convinced it's a good "value."

We paid $129 for 12/22. I know it's the last party, and is sold out -- it will be totally insane -- but it's the last night of our trip and we are apparently gluttons for punishment 🤣

Disone

100% agreed. Way over priced. I mean this only through the lens that they are now offering enough differences from the regular park hours. Price is too high. But it's selling.

Squishy

The tallest float is actually Mickey balloon but yes several of the floats would create issues
Not a issue, easy fix actually.
1574110342654.png

TTA94

By the way can they please bring back Holiday Wishes the week of Christmas? Seriously, whoever came up with the Halloween and Christmas shows this year needs to be fired. The only good thing about Minnies Wonderful Christmastime is the ending. The sad part is these are both going to be returning next year.

ToTBellHop

By the way can they please bring back Holiday Wishes the week of Christmas? Seriously, whoever came up with the Halloween and Christmas shows this year needs to be fired. The only good thing about Minnies Wonderful Christmastime is the ending. The sad part is these are both going to be returning next year.
The general guest response to MWC has been VERY positive. When the weather has cooperated.

TTA94

The general guest response to MWC has been VERY positive. When the weather has cooperated.

It’s not a horrible show but it sure isn’t as good as Holiday Wishes. And I hate they cut all the perimeter fireworks that Holiday Wished had.
Would have rather had a show based off WoCs Winter Dreams! CoughHarmoniuscough lol. That would be true IP fest ideed... but changed up to fit how “the world” is celebrating the holidays... it could work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom