News Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2019

tirian

IDK why it had to pour all night for MVMCP!!!!! Surprised DPB went ahead with the stream! This is not ideal Fireworks weather! The soundtrack fine and is like WOC: SOL, no theme song, just Christmas Song, Glad we got a Disney song at the end! So, it''s from Olaf's Frozen Adv., it fits in the show! We need a clear night to see the rest of it!

At least we got 1 MOUACT, this and the first time I saw a Rainy Day Cavalcade for the 11:00 MOUACT. (that other site has vid of it, it has MVMCParade's opening soundtrack.) I don't think Most Merriest even showed, it's too Bad! MK should have done a Party Pass!! That way Locals can come back for a DRY MVMCP without paying full price everytime! It's like an AP for MVMCP....What's wrong with that?!?!?! I think MNSSHP's went over well.
This is a historically wet time of the year for central Florida (and the American South, for that matter). As the Christmas parties start earlier and earlier in the season, they’re going to clash with the frontlines that move through the area like clockwork every late October through mid-November.

For example, at this time of year, if a cold front moves through on a Wednesday night, it will almost follow a 6-to-7-day pattern for the next one. Southern weather is crazy.

jrhwdw

This is a historically wet time of the year for central Florida (and the American South, for that matter). As the Christmas parties start earlier and earlier in the season, they’re going to clash with the frontlines that move through the area like clockwork every late October through mid-November.

For example, at this time of year, if a cold front moves through on a Wednesday night, it will almost follow a 6-to-7-day pattern for the next one. Southern weather is crazy.
Oh, I know it's the last month for the Tropics, but I thought this was the start of the dry season. Usually the first MVMCP isn't a rainout in my memory.

ToTBellHop

Oh, I know it's the last month for the Tropics, but I thought this was the start of the dry season. Usually the first MVMCP isn't a rainout in my memory.
It’s just bad luck with a front. Rain is infrequent this time of year but the ~weekly frontal boundaries are typically potent. By December, fronts still come through roughly once a week but don’t have tropical air in front of them, so they are often a quick shower or even no rain followed by a temperature drop.

tirian

Out of curiosity, what happened to the steamboat float that was used in the Very Merry Christmas Parade?

The wooden Zip-a-Dee-Lady float was destroyed years ago. It had been around since the 80s and was once part of the normal daily parade with a live band on the float. Maybe it should’ve been made out of plastic like the Castle Float that won’t die. ;)

The MVMCP parade c. 2008 was an exciting combination of multiple live marching bands and the Dixieland jazz on the steamboat. It has definitely been whittled down over the years.

jrhwdw

Minnie's was much better tonight!!! Love the soundtrack and it will be just perfect if the smoke would blow the right way! Tonight it was blowing West, kind of covering up the low/high pyro.

A dry MVMCP means a full Most Merriest and MOUACT! 1 thing , no Fairy Godmother on the Castle Float(which still works!) Is she cut this year or was she just off? Was she on there last year?

ToTBellHop

Here is our video of Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks

I think this looks spectacular. Wipes the floor with the dated Holiday Wishes and the misfire that was Not-So-Spooky. Great visuals, great song choice, and proper use of the perimeter fireworks. “Wonderful Christmastime” is a great contemporary choice to serve as the theme music/“glue” for the show. I hadn’t initially read the show’s name as literally referring to choice of song. Makes more sense in context.

FigmentForver96

I think this looks spectacular. Wipes the floor with the dated Holiday Wishes and the misfire that was Not-So-Spooky. Great visuals, great song choice, and proper use of the perimeter fireworks. “Wonderful Christmastime” is a great contemporary choice to serve as the theme music/“glue” for the show. I hadn’t initially read the show’s name as literally referring to choice of song. Makes more sense in context.
Finale gave me literal chills. I can’t believe how spectacular it was considering the dud Halloween turned out to be.

ToTBellHop

Finale gave me literal chills. I can’t believe how spectacular it was considering the dud Halloween turned out to be.
It surprises me that it was the same team. Makes me wonder if they were forced to ensure nothing even remotely spooky appeared in the Halloween show, which kind of defeats the purpose of a Halloween show. The improper use of perimeters in that show (to the point where you barely notice them) was thankfully rectified here.

Poor Tinkerbell is going to need a second job every August through late December!

jrhwdw

I think this looks spectacular. Wipes the floor with the dated Holiday Wishes and the misfire that was Not-So-Spooky. Great visuals, great song choice, and proper use of the perimeter fireworks. “Simply Having a Wonderful Christmastime” is a great contemporary choice to serve as the theme music/“glue” for the show.

I'm glad Wonderful Christmastime is the theme than that 30 sec vid WDW put out with no theme.

So, What exactly is wrong with this Stream?!?!?:

First YT doesn't like this year's TDL Disney Christmas Stories (which has been running since 2015 BTW!)Now they're going after MVMCP Streams?!?!!? I think YT is messing with the WRONG Videos/People!!!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here is our video of Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks

I'll get to see it in person soon, but here are my hot takes:

Better than Holiday Wishes, but significantly not as good as HEA.

"Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time" has got to be one of the most uninspired Christmas songs ever, both melodically and lyrically. Actually, it's more than uninspiring, its dispiriting. The saving grace is that it wasn't used a lot and it wasn't the horribly orchestrated or horribly sung McCartney version.

And that brings me to the other musical choices: One, they were all orchestrated in too high of a register. C'mon Disney. Buy a bassoon or two. It was just constant shrillness of instruments being played near the top of their registers where the sound is thin and strained. The Frozen song at the end was a nice change from that barrage of "play it higher!"

And two, it was all over the place. If you had Santa Claus songs, then put them together in a Santa section with appropriate visuals and fireworks. If Minnie is going to introduce a section on being with friends, then there should have been all the togetherness-for-the-holidays songs in one section. For HEA, the spoken word introductions properly introduced distinct sections with coherent themes. This was all over the place.

Speaking of all over the place, the mapped projections had some spectacular moments... and then ruined it with old-school Flash-type animation. Same with the fireworks... some spectacular moments, and then a lot of haphazard shots not matching the music or the projections.

This had the workings of being top notch, but, I fear that now that it's done, WDW will just let it sit in mediocrity and do nothing to punch up its shortcomings.

rowrbazzle

"Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time" has got to be one of the most uninspired Christmas songs ever, both melodically and lyrically. Actually, it's more than uninspiring, its dispiriting. The saving grace is that it wasn't used a lot and it wasn't the horribly orchestrated or horribly sung McCartney version.

I can't watch the video yet, but I'm glad to hear it's not pervasive. It's maybe the worst (Christmas) song of all time.

hpyhnt 1000

I'll get to see it in person soon, but here are my hot takes:

Better than Holiday Wishes, but significantly not as good as HEA.

And that brings me to the other musical choices: One, they were all orchestrated in too high of a register. C'mon Disney. Buy a bassoon or two. It was just constant shrillness of instruments being played near the top of their registers where the sound is thin and strained. The Frozen song at the end was a nice change from that barrage of "play it higher!"

And two, it was all over the place. If you had Santa Claus songs, then put them together in a Santa section with appropriate visuals and fireworks. If Minnie is going to introduce a section on being with friends, then there should have been all the togetherness-for-the-holidays songs in one section. For HEA, the spoken word introductions properly introduced distinct sections with coherent themes. This was all over the place.

Speaking of all over the place, the mapped projections had some spectacular moments... and then ruined it with old-school Flash-type animation. Same with the fireworks... some spectacular moments, and then a lot of haphazard shots not matching the music or the projections.

This had the workings of being top notch, but, I fear that now that it's done, WDW will just let it sit in mediocrity and do nothing to punch up its shortcomings.

Pretty much my thoughts, especially on the shrilly nature of this soundtrack. I also feel a lot of it was a bit too uptempo, and way too much autotune going on with that rendition of When We're Together.

There were parts I really liked - the Carol of the Bells section is nice, and using the perimeters for the "five golden rings" was a great touch. The finale is also pretty strong.

It's a good show, but not great (certainly better than that mess of a Halloween show!). It has better visuals than Holiday Wishes, but Holiday Wishes had the better soundtrack by far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom