Mickey's Not-So-Scary

Thunder Kz

Anyone been to this? Is it worth going to if you don't have kids? Seems like a lot of money, and the list of activities doesn't seem too extensive. Thoughts?

Click over to the section of the Forum called "Trip Reports." If you look at the recent posts, you are likely to find a number of reports about this special event. In my opinion, the park actually offers more during the event than during regular hours. I would recommend attending.

Upvote 0

chipanddalefan5

Well personally, I like it, its fun to dress up and its a lot of fun. But then again I am a kid at heart, haha :D. I think every Disney fan should go at least once.....

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

Anyone been to this? Is it worth going to if you don't have kids? Seems like a lot of money, and the list of activities doesn't seem too extensive. Thoughts?

depends. If you've got a multi-day or AP and are already planning to be at the MK, if you aren't big on special event parades, characters and fireworks, don't go.

But if you are very familiar with the MK and are interested in seeing it in a different light (and sound), are reeeeeeally fond of parades or just want to have a chance to run through the best attractions at MK without shelling out $80 for a one day pass, then DO IT! The crowds are way down and you could probably go on every ride open between the time they let you in for the party and when the park closes. :)

Wearing or not wearing a costume is completely a personal choice. There are plenty of people doing either. Likewise, at one point Sunday night, my wife and I looked around in a ride queue and there were no kids within 5 groups ahead or behind of us, so kids are not required.

Upvote 0

Eyorefan

We just got back from our trip and did the MNSSHP on 9/28. . I love the parade, I think its the best Disney does.

But even if you don't care about the parade and fireworks, its worth it for the short lines. A lot of things, like Space Mountian and Splash moutian were walk-ons even early in the night. We rode them multiple times in a row. My guess is that the parties are more crowded the closer you get to halloween though.

Upvote 0

Thunder Kz

Original Poster
Hey thank you all for the quick responses. I'll check out those trip reports, great suggestion. We've got the AP, but Halloween is my wife's favorite, and the parade looks great!

Upvote 0

Crazy4WDW1

We did it for the first time last year. I'm a 48-year old kid. :wave: I LOVED it. The fireworks and parade are worth the price of admission. I thought the Headless Horseman was amazing! The park is decorated so cute. Lots of great photo opportunities. It's worth trying just once.

Upvote 0

MinnieLee

This will be our 13th MNSSHP in a row without kids! We love it! My DH loves Halloween and one year he said I wonder what they do at Halloween - little did we know that he created a monster. Our kids are all grown and could never can get the time off at that time of year to come with us between first college and now their jobs. My DH and I are kids at heart and love the party. The fireworks, parade and the headless horseman is great! Young and old trick or treat. Well worth the ticket price. We have seen some amazing costumes worn by adults and the little ones all look so cute and have a ball.

Upvote 0

jodiey

I just went with 5 other adults (no kids) and we all thought it was great. We got on tons of rides and the parade and fireworks were great. And when else can you actually trick-or-treat?? Stitch dumped handfuls of candy in my fathers bag, it was great.

Upvote 0

dizphan28

I have tickets for MNSSHP for the 19th... the tickets say it is 7 P.M. til modnight but I heard from a few people that you can get in at 4P.M..Is this true? How do they get the other guests out and know that I can stay?

Upvote 0

durangojim

I have tickets for MNSSHP for the 19th... the tickets say it is 7 P.M. til modnight but I heard from a few people that you can get in at 4P.M..Is this true? How do they get the other guests out and know that I can stay?

Yep, you can enter the park at 4pm and go on all the rides, etc. The party is great fun and IMO the best hard ticket event Disney does. It is the one that allows me to feel most like a kid (something about dressing up and going trick or treating).

Upvote 0

majorrfb

Oh yes

We just got back from our trip and did the MNSSHP on 9/28. . I love the parade, I think its the best Disney does.

But even if you don't care about the parade and fireworks, its worth it for the short lines. A lot of things, like Space Mountian and Splash moutian were walk-ons even early in the night. We rode them multiple times in a row. My guess is that the parties are more crowded the closer you get to halloween though.

Ditto to the above. SHORT lines, great parades and fireworks, and lots of candy. We had a great time.:ROFLOL::sohappy:

Upvote 0

gatorfan03

I just returned from WDW; my family and I went to MNSSHP on Oct. 9. Even though it was rainy, we still had a wonderful time. Youngest one in our group was 23 years old ... so you definitely don't need kids there to have fun. They give you a little bag as you enter the park to get trick-or-treat candy in (so all ages and even uncostumed can trick-or-treat). The atmosphere alone is well worth it, especially along Main Street USA and Liberty Square (they change the lighting in that area to an eerie green). Fog rolling out around the train station at the entrance, in front of Haunted Mansion, and along the steam boat. The fireworks and parade are awesome as well. It's also fun to see what kinds of costumes people dress in. Lines were great too, except for Peter Pan's Flight (constant 40 minute wait), but Haunted Mansion was 5 min., Space Mtn around 10 min., etc. so that should give you an idea of the wait times for everything. They have 2 showings of the parade and 1 of the fireworks ... after the first parade and fireworks (around 10pm), a lot of people start to leave, so the last two hours MK is a lot less crowded and lines are even shorter. I can't wait to go back to the party!!

Upvote 0

burninup4nick

Ive been 3 or 4 times and it is an amazing experience (IM 14 and I still enjoy going) its alot of fun and little kids have a blast....

there's trick or treating
characters dressed up in Halloween costumes
free face painting (or at least there was in previous years)
special HalloWishes
Halloween themed parade
and shorter wait times on ride
oh and also there are dance parties with the characters which are alot of fun

hope this is helpful but in my oppinion the party is a cant miss!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Yes! Young or old - it is the best party at the MK! ( I have not been to P&P yet) It is so much fun and I can't wait to do it again next year!! ( and the DH and I don't have kids yet!!!)

Upvote 0

VT GAL

if you love halloween, the you will more than likely have a great time at MNSSHP! It might not sound like a lot, but the atmosphere is great and the Boo to You parade is absolutely awesome!!!

Burninup4Tink, you are right about the free face painting. They are located in Toontown and Frontierland

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom