Mickeys Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

DisneyFamily24

Original Poster
Hi All,

First time posting. Hope everyone is doing as well as they can right now. I moved my trip from May till October, and am now going to be there October 31st and Nov 1st. Any opinions on buying the tickets to this Party, and if so, which night would be better? (4 and 5 year old)

Also, how far in advance should I look to purchase these tickets?

Thank you

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Both will be insanely crowded.

Looking at pricing I'd go with November 1st. Although it would be cool to go on the actual holiday itself.

Buy now as they WILL sell out.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Well, if past is prologue, the 31st will be absolutely packed and will sell out early, so if you want to brave the crowds, take that into consideration.

I can't really speak to the 1st Nov party... but I imagine the candy-givers will be especially generous that night. There's others already discussing it here.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Thanks for the info. Do you think this Party is worth the cost? I have 7 people to pay for, so around $1000 or so

Only you can decide that.
Personally I like the parties but I'm just paying for myself and I mostly go for the attractions, overall atmosphere, and because I can live out my childhood dreams of wearing a costume when I never did as a child.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanks for the info. Do you think this Party is worth the cost? I have 7 people to pay for, so around $1000 or so
If you’ve never done it, possibly. We stopped doing them years ago when we decided it had become too expensive and - in our eyes - not worth it since we already paid for admission for the day.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!

If you’ve never done it, possibly. We stopped doing them years ago when we decided it had become too expensive and - in our eyes - not worth it since we already paid for admission for the day.
Yeah, that's the real bottom line. I don't think it's worth it for me and my family, but I would hesitate to tell anyone else it's not worth it for them. They might find great value in something I find totally useless.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I will add, when we felt it was value for money and when it wasn’t too crowded, we found the parties really enjoyable.

mf1972

we have a trip booked for late october early november. haven’t bought tickets for it yet. playing things by ear due to the current situation.

belledream

I would purchase right away once you've committed - no point in waiting. The prices don't fluctuate. We thought it was worth it to do it once, but weren't necessarily interested in a repeat. We also did an earlier party that wasn't sold out, but 10/31 and 11/1 will definitely be crowded. However, the unique entertainment and atmosphere, coupled with the opportunity to see your children to dress up and trick or treat in the Magic Kingdom could make a good case for the party being 'worth it' for your family!

thomas998

It really depends on the ages of the people and just how into Halloween they are. I've done it with my kids more times than I can remember, my wife isn't quite as big a Disney fan and refuses to do it anymore prefering to just stay in the hotel when we do it. So only you know what your people are into. As others have said it does sell out early for the Halloween night party in large part because scalpers have started buying up tickets and reselling them for huge mark-ups. But if you could go about a week prior to Halloween it would be a much better experience. We've done October 31st nights as well as earlier ones and frankly earlier ones were more enjoyable because the crowds weren't as bad.

Only real concern would be whether the parks are in full operational mode by then... or if they are even allowed to operate, that will likely be dictated by where the virus is at that time.

NelleBelle

We went on 10/31 a few years ago (it wasn't our first MNSSHP) and didn't find the crowds too unbearable. But then again, we were having a blast taking pictures with characters, walking around getting candy, and riding a few rides (HM was a MUST for us). Our kids were 11 and 13 at the time so were a bit older. Was one of our best trips!

graphite1326

Just to let you know. I took my kids when they were a little older than that, We got to see the parade but after that and being at the parks during the day, they had had it and we ended up leaving early. We waited until they were much older before going again. It just wasn't worth the price for me, but it is up to you know your children and what they can do.

Jon81uk

Just to let you know. I took my kids when they were a little older than that, We got to see the parade but after that and being at the parks during the day, they had had it and we ended up leaving early. We waited until they were much older before going again. It just wasn't worth the price for me, but it is up to you know your children and what they can do.

As an adult we decided not to go to the parks that day, we had a lie-in, got brunch, had a swim and headed to Magic Kingdom about 5pm to get quick service dinner and join the line for Seven Dwarves before the party officially started.
We then easily lasted through to midnight and watched the fireworks, parade and the hocus pocus show.

I would say its even more important with kids to do something like that, have a lie-in, or pooltime in the morning and then a nap in the afternoon.

But the party is definitly worth it if you've never done it before, unique characters, a different parade and fireworks. Plus all the candy!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I took my daughter to it at 4 and you definitely need to make sure that whole morning is easy and you have time for a nap or quiet time if you want to make it to fireworks. And be prepared for them both to completely melt on the way back to the hotel.

We LOVE the Halloween parties. We normally go in September though.

I would note, though, to keep in mind we don't know what the park will operate like when all is said and done with this virus. Those tickets are non-refundable. So be sure that you're okay spending that money if like... some of the rides are not open and you cannot meet princesses and whatnot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom