Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2017

YodaMan

Just wanted to say that I miss the old actress who played Winnie. The new one is good, but MAN the actress who did the first two years was perfect.

I believe there are 2 (if not 3) trios of actresses that portray the Sanderson Sisters each year in case someone gets sick or has to miss a performance. I believe "THE" Winnie you're talking about is back again this year, and you likely just saw her spare.

JustInTime

I believe there are 2 (if not 3) trios of actresses that portray the Sanderson Sisters each year in case someone gets sick or has to miss a performance. I believe "THE" Winnie you're talking about is back again this year, and you likely just saw her spare.
Jennica was the primary Winnie for the past 2 years and she will not be returning this year. From what I was told, it wasn’t her choice. I am sure there are other Winnie’s but I only know of the previous and the current one. But I still loved the show as always!

Last edited:

Jahona

Attended the 9/24 Sunday party. Overall it was fun. I was actually shocked a bit about how busy parts of the park were. We got in line for Candy once but it went slower than I expected for just passing out candy. The ride lines weren't terrible but they were definitely halving capacity on several rides which made the waits a bit longer than needed. Not a character person so we didn't go to any of the meet and greets, although those lines were ridiculously long. The magic shots from photo pass were pretty cool. The headless horseman at the front of the park and the hitch hiking ghosts were fun. Hallowishes is fun but is starting to feel dated now compared to Happily Ever After. Only caught the last part of the act of the Sanderson Sisters. Need to find a good video of the performance to see what all I missed.

Disney4family

We also went on 9/24. We loved it.
We only go on rides. We don't wait in line for candy or characters.
While we found it a little more crowded than our last experience in 2011, we didn't wait long for any ride. Actually, since we skipped the 9:15 parade, we were able to go on BTMRR 4x in a row & never had to get out of our seats. It was completely empty. [My kids said if Splash were open, they would have loved jumping back and forth between the two...]
We had no trouble finding a spot in the middle of the hub for fireworks & then a perfect curbside spot in the hub for the 11:15 parade once the army of strollers left.

mcstensrud

IMG_0375.JPG
We just went on 9/29 weather was great all night.

Jahona

We also went on 9/24. We loved it.
We only go on rides. We don't wait in line for candy or characters.
While we found it a little more crowded than our last experience in 2011, we didn't wait long for any ride. Actually, since we skipped the 9:15 parade, we were able to go on BTMRR 4x in a row & never had to get out of our seats. It was completely empty. [My kids said if Splash were open, they would have loved jumping back and forth between the two...]
We had no trouble finding a spot in the middle of the hub for fireworks & then a perfect curbside spot in the hub for the 11:15 parade once the army of strollers left.

Big thunder mountain was pretty much a walk on all day just about. I think I waited only 10 minutes earlier that day. With Splash closed it wasn't seeing nearly as much foot traffic as it used to. Pirates and the Haunted Mansion had longer waits then I was expecting. We rode HM twice and each time waited about 15 minutes to stretching room. Pirates was much longer at almost 25 minutes.

The Hub for Hallowishes surprised me at being fairly open. We were right by the statue of Walt and Mickey.

mcstensrud

We went 9/29 and it rained the first 3 hours or so. The first Hocus Pocus show was canceled, the headless horseman was cut and the villain float was cut from Boo to You. Did you guys go in later than 4?
We went to BOG for dinner at 6:45 then MNSSHP after that! Was a great night!

Disney4family

Big thunder mountain was pretty much a walk on all day just about. I think I waited only 10 minutes earlier that day. With Splash closed it wasn't seeing nearly as much foot traffic as it used to. Pirates and the Haunted Mansion had longer waits then I was expecting. We rode HM twice and each time waited about 15 minutes to stretching room. Pirates was much longer at almost 25 minutes.

The Hub for Hallowishes surprised me at being fairly open. We were right by the statue of Walt and Mickey.
Wow! We were right next to each other. I would have waved hi! :happy:
We played in Tomorrowland and Fantasyland before heading over to Tomorrowland. We saw Pirates had a bit of a wait so we didn't try it.
Great night overall! So much fun. :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
You stated 10/31 was the first sold out date. When I was there, 9/24 was sold out. They had signs everywhere that said it was sold out at the TTC. They would not sell us tickets so we had to go to the 9/29 party.
I don’t know if it was a fairly late sell out, but I didn’t have any advance notice.

Disney4family

That must have been it! I was shocked it even sold out.
We had grabbed a taxi from AK since we just finished the Wild Africa Trek & needed to get to a FP asap in the MK before MNSSHP. It dropped us off at the TTC around 2. We saw that the signs were already out that it was sold out for that evening.

Pixieish

It doesn't really affect me, I just couldn't imagine wearing a costume in that humidity and high rain chance lol. Not that September is much better.

Curious to see how this will work for them. How many people will come? Stores don't usually have costumes in August. Granted I'd probably go if I were going to be there that late in August.

You can get any grade of costume online year-round. Also, we went to MNSSHP in mid-October of 2015 and it POURED during the party. Three of us were in full costume - we still had a ball even though the puddles were so deep my knee-high pirate boots were full of water, lol.

Pixieish

It's been almost ten years since I've been to a party, and while popular, they're still running the same parade (yes with some changes, some cuts, some replacements) and the same fireworks. I'm glad they changed the stage show though to Hocus Pocus. I'd love to see that one in person but as an AP holder, kinda hard to justify buying a ticket when not much changes every year (and why should it I guess, they're very popular offerings).
In my opinion, the Hocus Pocus show is one of the best stage shows I've ever seen...it's worth the price of admission just for that.

JustInTime

We had grabbed a taxi from AK since we just finished the Wild Africa Trek & needed to get to a FP asap in the MK before MNSSHP. It dropped us off at the TTC around 2. We saw that the signs were already out that it was sold out for that evening.
We had already paid for parking when we realized!

IanDLBZF

10/31 is not the first party to sell out, I believe the parties for 9/24 and 9/26 were sold out per what I've seen on The DIS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom