Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2017

asianway

I'm confused, can I buy the Villain's pin separately cause I want that Maleficent pin but I don't want to buy all of them.
I think Hades and Chernabog are completers and you need to buy the frame or box. Maleficent is sold separate I think

Last edited:

DisneyNerd12

I'm thinking of buying tickets for August 25th anyone know if they might still be on sale once I'm at disney world? I'm gonna be down there at about the 22nd of august.

JohnD

I'm thinking of buying tickets for August 25th anyone know if they might still be on sale once I'm at disney world? I'm gonna be down there at about the 22nd of august.

All you need to do is check the website. I haven't heard of them being sold out.

Edit: Check the Disney World website. If you can purchase tickets for the date you want, you're good to go.

Last edited:

matt9112

did the party once....the amount of money they cost? no thanks. I love the decor but I can plan around party nights and avoid them. the only value in the entire event sadly is ride wait times if you are persistent into the night. I don't see any value with the party specific stuff. merch isn't even a big draw since the parks app went live. jack and Sally is the only neat thing IMO and well I would just do a meet and greet all season if I was Disney but that isn't going to squeeze the dollars from ya folks now is it?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
are you AP holder or resort guest? I would assume if somebody ONLY had the mickey ticket and nothing else at all that they may not be able to.
I'm a resort guest that has a 3 day hopper ticket and a separate event ticket in the middle of the 3 days. So far none have been cancelled. From what I hear though, I really won't need them since wait times are usually a bit lower anyway.

matt9112

I'm a resort guest that has a 3 day hopper ticket and a separate event ticket in the middle of the 3 days. So far none have been cancelled. From what I hear though, I really won't need them since wait times are usually a bit lower anyway.

depends mine train is still insane all event long.

PorterRedkey

I am not a big Hocus Pocus fan (I like the show), but I like the Hocus Pocus stuff.

To me, it is the awful vampire Mickey that I hate. The MNSSHP party shirts look like knockoffs of real Disney merch. Nothing for me this year.:(

WDW1974

About half of the decorations were up today (pumpkins along Main Street). They weren't lit in the evening however.

But there was pumpkin spice fudge over at Sweet Spells at DHS!

That's truly embarrassing. It is the middle of August. That is summer for most people. Fall begins on September 21st. Even saying post Labor Day can be contorted. But people are taking SUMMER vacations to WDW right now. They should not see anything Halloween related, except possibly a little merchandise.

IanDLBZF

That's truly embarrassing. It is the middle of August. That is summer for most people. Fall begins on September 21st. Even saying post Labor Day can be contorted. But people are taking SUMMER vacations to WDW right now. They should not see anything Halloween related, except possibly a little merchandise.
I somewhat agree here. Typically the Halloween Parties would start at the beginning of September, but we're starting them in late August man is this unacceptable!

WDW1974

I somewhat agree here. Typically the Halloween Parties would start at the beginning of September, but we're starting them in late August man is this unacceptable!

Every year it gets earlier. Why not start them around August 15th next year and maybe the 8th in 2019? Go back and look at previous years (not saying the last half dozen ... but go back to the event's start and follow). This is just a desperation move. Disney knows it as those parties won't sell out. The first one they'll likely give half the tickets away. Every blogger and his momma and his boyfriend and his cousin's sister's dentist will have freebies, so they can start the hype machine on this very tired event before September starts.

raymusiccity

I think it's just a result of Disney partnering with Cracker Barrel!

phillip9698

did the party once....the amount of money they cost? no thanks. I love the decor but I can plan around party nights and avoid them. the only value in the entire event sadly is ride wait times if you are persistent into the night. I don't see any value with the party specific stuff. merch isn't even a big draw since the parks app went live. jack and Sally is the only neat thing IMO and well I would just do a meet and greet all season if I was Disney but that isn't going to squeeze the dollars from ya folks now is it?

For people who want to ride the rides it's a great value. I get into the park for a reduced price, get to ride everything except 7DMT and Haunted Mansion as a walk on, see a good parade and fireworks show, it's not hot outside, and meet and greets for the normal characters have no wait time either. It's amazing. You only run into issues if you can't stay up too late or you want pics with Jack and Sally or the 7 Dwarves.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
For people who want to ride the rides it's a great value. I get into the park for a reduced price, get to ride everything except 7DMT and Haunted Mansion as a walk on, see a good parade and fireworks show, it's not hot outside, and meet and greets for the normal characters have no wait time either. It's amazing. You only run into issues if you can't stay up too late or you want pics with Jack and Sally or the 7 Dwarves.
For these reasons we are giving it a shot this year. The added bonus is getting in at 4PM which gives you a solid 8 hours at the park for less than normal admission.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Thanks. My interest was 9/17 when I'm going. That's why I ncluded the link in case more times added/changed.

I've gone in September (first night of party or first weekend), mid October and Halloween Night. One year I went twice - September and a few nights before Halloween. Once the times are set, they've not changed. Unless they've added the projections from HEA, I can't see the times for the shows, parades and fireworks changing from 1st night this week to the last night November 1st. They'd have to reprint the party guide they hand you when you enter. And we all know TWDC doesn't like to spend money it doesn't have to...

I'm psyched about going next Friday, mainly because none of the party specific merchandise will be sold out. However, it's going to be hot, hot, hot....

Tip, if you've not attended before, the treat bag they hand you is this tiny plastic thing. Disney does the treat thing right. Several spots around MK (just look for the jack o lantern sign), BIG barrels of the good stuff, and they give it out by the handfuls. And you can visit each spot several times - I've never known them to run out during a party night. I'd visit Publix before you leave for WDW and get one of their reusable Halloween bags (ones similar to the reusable grocery bag).

I'm bringing this next week:

Screenshot_20170822-152703.jpg

It will hold all my candy, any purchases I make and my ears when they start hurting my head.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom