Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2017

ToTBellHop

It doesn't really affect me, I just couldn't imagine wearing a costume in that humidity and high rain chance lol. Not that September is much better.

Curious to see how this will work for them. How many people will come? Stores don't usually have costumes in August. Granted I'd probably go if I were going to be there that late in August.

Lucky

Why not? If stores like Costco and Walmart can start selling Christmas decorations in July then what's the big deal about Haloween in August.
Some stores sell Christmas stuff year round, so we should celebrate Halloween all year.

IMG_4440.JPG

Animaniac93-98

Even as someone who always goes to the party in September, August is ridiculous. No Halloween before Labour Day seems like a simple rule.

EDIT: Yes I know they've done parties before then, but it's how I feel as a general sentiment. Summer is Summer, Halloween is a Fall thing. The unofficial start date for Fall is after the first Monday of September for most Americans/Canadians.

Tk0021

We are very happy to see the September 1 st date as a Halloween Party. We have been planning our trip for awhile and we planned it around that being a party day. We are arriving that day in the morning and planned on getting to MK at 4:00 PM with our costumes on. The adults are just wearing Halloween t shirts but my two girls want to dress like Moana. They love Halloween especially if it not to scary. Haha.

Kman101

It's been almost ten years since I've been to a party, and while popular, they're still running the same parade (yes with some changes, some cuts, some replacements) and the same fireworks. I'm glad they changed the stage show though to Hocus Pocus. I'd love to see that one in person but as an AP holder, kinda hard to justify buying a ticket when not much changes every year (and why should it I guess, they're very popular offerings).

Twoprincesses116

We are very happy to see the September 1 st date as a Halloween Party. We have been planning our trip for awhile and we planned it around that being a party day. We are arriving that day in the morning and planned on getting to MK at 4:00 PM with our costumes on. The adults are just wearing Halloween t shirts but my two girls want to dress like Moana. They love Halloween especially if it not to scary. Haha.

yay! I'll be attending the 9/1 party as well!!! so much fun!

Princess Leia

I knew that I was going to have to plan around Mickey's Christmas Party for my trip, but I really don't want to.

Ugh. Either we go to MK on the Saturday after Thanksgiving (and face massive crowds) or we go on the Monday after (which was originally our Epcot day- wanted to celebrate my birthday eating and drinking around the World Showcase).

Or, we spend extra money to do the party. Not really what I want to do. :banghead:

radiorae

I knew that I was going to have to plan around Mickey's Christmas Party for my trip, but I really don't want to.

Ugh. Either we go to MK on the Saturday after Thanksgiving (and face massive crowds) or we go on the Monday after (which was originally our Epcot day- wanted to celebrate my birthday eating and drinking around the World Showcase).

Or, we spend extra money to do the party. Not really what I want to do. :banghead:

That is the one downside to the parties... MK closes so early half the week! And then it's packed the other days.

I'm not a huge fan of MVMCP but I do love MNSSHP... I know not a lot has changed, but it never gets old to me. It's so much fun! I'm really excited to go again this year.

mwlillie

Not only is it early, but the number of dates for both events works out be approximately 50 percent of all days between September and December. What this means to mean is that unless you are willing to pay for these "special" events you wind up with less value for the "standard" ticket you use to visit the Magic Kingdom on these dates.

I remember talking with Disney last year when I was planning my November 2017 trip. I wanted to participate in the Wishes Dessert Party (notice here that I was going to pay an upcharge). However, during the week I was going to be on vacation the only dates the Wishes Dessert Party was available was on the nights of Mickey's Christmas party. So, I would have to pay for standard entrance, for the Christmas Party and for the Dessert Party. Worked out to be about $300 a person for the day. Thanks Disney but no thanks. Yes, I understand that people always have the option of paying for upcharge events or not, and that Disney has to always show increasing profits to its' shareholders. However, when the value to the standard "guest" is reduced, something is being lost along the way.

Princess Leia

That is the one downside to the parties... MK closes so early half the week! And then it's packed the other days.

I'm not a huge fan of MVMCP but I do love MNSSHP... I know not a lot has changed, but it never gets old to me. It's so much fun! I'm really excited to go again this year.
Just rearranged the schedule with my friend lol, thanks Disney :in pain:
Parkhopping between Animal Kingdom & DHS on Saturday (yay for emh at AK to beat the Pandora crowds!)
Parkhopping at Universal on Sunday
Dealing with crowds at Magic Kingdom on Monday (happy birthday to me:rolleyes:)
And then doing some belated birthday shenanigans (Behind the Seeds! Two extra hours at Epcot!) on Tuesday

Before anyone says that I'm complaining, I'm not (mostly). I went on a couple Thanksgiving trips growing up, but the crowds now are way worse than they were in the 90s and early 00s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom