Mickey's Nose Shake

Julius & Boobah

Original Poster
I'm sure you all know the one I'm talking about, every now and then Mickey will make his nose almost vibrate.. I just wondered how this was done and triggered and if any other characters have similar features?

WDWKat26

Mickey's special, but of course he's real, that's why he can shake his nose :)

And to answer your question, no, there are no other characters that can do anything of that sort.

Jorn2005

Oke,

I will be the first one to break the magical world of Disney then...I'm sorry.

But I don' t know exactly how it works, but I had wondered it myself for several years as well. And I did noticed something: his posture when he does it. Just closely look at how he stands when his nose wiggles: his right arm is almost always on his belly, grabbing his jacket. His left hand is in his side en his right foot is almost always stretched out. I don' t know if this has anything to do with it, it seems like the general Mickey pose, however I found it particular that he always did it when his nose wiggled.
So what I think, is that there is some sort of switch in his jacket, which activates a small motor in his head...but I'm not 100% sure

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I will go ahead and answer your next question, which is the next logical question. How does Mickey make so many appearences in the parks and resorts, some seamingly at the same time?

The answer is Worm Holes. Mickey wraps a warp field around himself and manipulates the space time continuam.

Hope this helps. :lookaroun

WDWKat26

Jorn2005 said:
Oke,

But I don' t know exactly how it works, but I had wondered it myself for several years as well. And I did noticed something: his posture when he does it. Just closely look at how he stands when his nose wiggles: his right arm is almost always on his belly, grabbing his jacket. His left hand is in his side en his right foot is almost always stretched out. I don' t know if this has anything to do with it, it seems like the general Mickey pose, however I found it particular that he always did it when his nose wiggled.
So what I think, is that there is some sort of switch in his jacket, which activates a small motor in his head...but I'm not 100% sure

Not to sound mean, but you're 100% wrong. It has nothing to do with his jacket or anything. There are no "Wires" or "Switches" on any of our character friends. The way you describe Mickey standing, that's the way he stands, and if you notice, a lot of characters stand with their feet sticking out, or tilted up.

Julius & Boobah

Original Poster
It must just be a characteristic that Mickey has then...

thanks for your insight ;)

And if Kat knows more... theoretically speaking... If I were to make a Halloween costume and I want it's nose to wiggle how would you recomend I did so? I've seen Mickey do it at WDW and it looks cute any ideas for my costume making plans?

robynchic

Not all of them can do it, either. But I know how it's done. And no, there are no switches or levers or anything like that in the costume. And if you wanted to do it with making a costume, you'd have to try REALLY hard to make it.

Julius & Boobah

Original Poster
drew smith said:
Mickey is magical. Kat is right. There are no wires or gizmos. The characters are real.

I know that, that's why I'm "asking if I were to make a costume for my nephew at Halloween" how I would make it's nose shake, I'm planning on making a costume of a Kowala and have more than enough resources and budget to make it if you catch my drift ;) ???

Magic Maker said:
Personally I would prefer not to know the answer. Call me silly, but I enjoy the magic of wondering.

Then at the risk of sounding rude (and I apologise if I do) may I ask what you're reading threads in this forum for?

vfxpro

Jorn2005 said:
Oke,

My wife is a Character greeter and a 'Friend' of Mickey. I can assure you that there are no gimmicks involved. Mickey is just quite talented.

WDWKat26

Connor002 said:
No one here will give a straight answer. :rolleyes:

Anyone here want to tell us the truth? :)

Uh, no one is going to tell you the truth because it's called: DISNEY MAGIC. Plus, remember? There are managers that monitor this board, how about preserving just a little bit of the magic, huh?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom