Mickey's Mix Magic - New Firework Show 2019

Frontierland's Finest

The two remixes you shared sound nothing like the versions used in Mickey's Mix Magic. The Aladdin one is completely different, and while Jungle Book is similar- it's got a distinctly different beat.

Is there something I'm missing here?
In the Aladdin remix, the part where Genie says "Diamonds" is used in the show and it might be a bit different, but the show mix of I Wanna Be Like You used the same Electro-Swing music genre to match the theme of the show.

Ismael Flores

the more i see this show the more i think that it would had fit better in DCA. This would have worked for Hollywood backlot to give the area some life in the evenings. all those large facades especially the huge backdrop fo the Hyperion theater would have added a night entertainment to the park to help with crowd control. They wanted a dance party vibe so the projections along with maybe a return of a nightly dance area by monsters inc and the beverage carts would have given them the boost in revenue as well until they have plans on how to fix that dead side of the park.

If the elimination or decrease of fireworks is what they wanted for Disneyland then they could have enhanced the parade at Disneyland and spread out the hours so they can run it in the evening also

BrianLo

I actually don't hate it. It's not my favourite. But I really like Paint the Nights music.

I do see how it doesn't try to pull the usual tear jerker move, which is a dramatical change of styling for the nighttime show.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Wow... this feels like someone said...

“Wow, you know those dca dance parties were popular... we should bring that into the castle fireworks!”

And then they handed the idea to a group that had no idea how to make club or dance music... and only had their Disney tunes to start with.

Painful.. I can’t evn make it through the full show.

And when will they stop with those horrible Main Street projections? I guess it serves the purpose if the crowds feel like they need to be back on Main Street instead of just in the hub.

Ismael Flores

wow hadn't seen Steve in a while and it looks like he lost a lot of weight, i would not have recognized him if i saw him in the street. He looks good

Ismael Flores

has anyone seen the show during the weekdays? what was the reaction of people of the show with no fireworks?

Also how about the people that wait in the area between the end of mainstreet and the tomorrowland entrance where the projections of the small castle are hardly visible. Since there are no fireworks i would think that its quite disappointing

DrAlice

The fireworks were stopped about halfway through the show apparently in last night's performance.. But regardless, first look at show's finale w/out the fireworks (carrying)!..

Ok, I haven't seen any of this in person, but..... I think I like this show better WITHOUT the fireworks. It's more in line with a "dance party" feel, which is presumably what they were going for. Fireworks aren't necessary and are distracting in this show. So.... don't put it in DL. I agree with whoever said that this would be better for Hollywood in DCA. Leave the castle for a classic, story-driven, sentimental Mickey tribute fireworks show. And in that case, leave the projections to a minimum.

Having said all that - I think my 7 year old would find this show fun. Her father and I, however, would be frantically searching for the earplugs and counting the minutes to its finale. Blgh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom