Mickey's Mix Magic - New Firework Show 2019

SuddenStorm

From the Disneyland website:
Light up the night at this new, high-energy show celebrating Disney’s legendary duo Mickey and Minnie Mouse!

Song 1: It's a Good Time- a weird Disney pop/rap song
Song 2: I Wanna Be Like You
Song 3: Everybody Wants To Be a Cat- the Aristocats
Song 4: Friend Like Me
Song 5: Grim Grinning Ghosts
Song 6: Un Poco Loco
Song 7: Let It Go
Song 8: It's a Good Time (finale)

I'm left scratching my head here. A show that celebrates "Disney's legendary duo Mickey and Minnie Mouse" that doesn't have a single song from a Mickey cartoon?

Where's Steamboat Willie? Animating that short to have the boat travel around Main Street via projection could have been spectacular.

I'm also not a fan of "It's a Good Time", sounds a little to Disney channel for me.

I would have assumed The Band Concert would have been a natural fit- Mickey projected on the castle "conducting" with the band surrounding the audience on Main Street. A tornado projection on the Matterhorn that travels through main street sweeping up the band.
(this Youtube clip doesn't have the tornado)

If the intent (going off of the original announcement) was to have a dance party, why is Everybody Wants to Be a Cat in there? That song doesn't strike me as danceable, and I doubt anyone knows the words so they won't be singing along either.

I'm really not sure what this show is supposed to be. It's not a celebration of Mickey, it's not a celebration of Disneyland, and it's not a celebration of classic Disney animation. I'm hoping for the best, but this feels like another Together Forever to me.

Between this, Together Forever, and the 2017 Fantasmic- I think I'm figuring out that I'm not the target audience for these shows.

MyDude

I'm left scratching my head here. A show that celebrates "Disney's legendary duo Mickey and Minnie Mouse" that doesn't have a single song from a Mickey cartoon?

Where's Steamboat Willie? Animating that short to have the boat travel around Main Street via projection could have been spectacular.

I'm also not a fan of "It's a Good Time", sounds a little to Disney channel for me.

I would have assumed The Band Concert would have been a natural fit- Mickey projected on the castle "conducting" with the band surrounding the audience on Main Street. A tornado projection on the Matterhorn that travels through main street sweeping up the band.

If the intent (going off of the original announcement) was to have a dance party, why is Everybody Wants to Be a Cat in there? That song doesn't strike me as danceable, and I doubt anyone knows the words so they won't be singing along either.

I'm really not sure what this show is supposed to be. It's not a celebration of Mickey, it's not a celebration of Disneyland, and it's not a celebration of classic Disney animation. I'm hoping for the best, but this feels like another Together Forever to me.

Between this, Together Forever, and the 2017 Fantasmic- I think I'm figuring out that I'm not the target audience for these shows.

oh c'mon! I thought their target audience is everyone with money willing to spend it?

TP2000

I watched Thursday night's rehearsal from the den, where I happened to be when the show started unexpectedly. It looked like... a fireworks show at Disneyland. But as for the projection show you can't see from Villa Park, I'm not sure a Tornado Scene on Main Street USA is a great idea.

Main Street USA, based on Marceline, Missouri (or any Midwest small town), is in Tornado Alley

VkCojCdKQcaEmHC86xaM_tornadoalley.jpg

Where tornadoes devastate communities almost annually (except in the last year, when oddly the tornado count was unusually and extremely low, one of the lowest in recorded US history https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/tornadoes-in-2018/70007006)

It would be cute, I'm sure, until April when there would be some deadly tornado in Missouri or Kansas that makes the national news. Then that scene would be in really bad taste. :oops:

bshah365

These songs are so overplayed... if you're gonna make a show that has nothing to do w Mickey Mouse, at least choose songs that haven't been used for every other show at the resort...

My perfect setlist would probably be..

1: Remixed original Mickey Mouse theme
** Mickey flies across the castle in a Skyway bucket**
2: Son of Man
3: Hawaiian Rollercoaster ride
4: Topsy Turvy remix
5: Just cant wait to be king
6: whistle while you work remix
7: Un Poco Loco
8: Finale number with Flora, Fauna, AND Merriweather all flying across the castle at the same time. Not sure how this could be done but it would be spectacular..

SuddenStorm

These songs are so overplayed... if you're gonna make a show that has nothing to do w Mickey Mouse, at least choose songs that haven't been used for every other show at the resort...

8: Finale number with Flora, Fauna, AND Merriweather all flying across the castle at the same time. Not sure how this could be done but it would be spectacular..

A far better playlist than what Disney came up with.

This has Mickey Mouse, Golden age Disney, Rennaissance Disney, 2000's Disney, as while as very recent Disney/Pixar. And Imagine how great Un Poco Loco would look with the projections (Yes, I know it's in the actual list, it's just a bit more exciting when the rest of the songs are good also), or an animated Topsy Turvy mix.

Ismael Flores

Did they really need to add Let it Go to the list of songs?

Can't they just let it go for a bit and give us something different from thousands of good music they own?

How about some music from Enchanted "How does She Know" is such a fun song and the movie had people dancing instead they choose Let it Go and Grim Grinning Ghosts? so weird

Ismael Flores

Maybe they can use Drones to simulate them flying and the full size fairy pop up at the end on the castle roof.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom