Mickey's Ice Cream Social at EPCOT - The Land

jeffb

Original Poster
Hi

Does EPCOT still offer the Mickey's Ice Cream Social at the Garden Grill Restuarant? I just called to make a priority seating reservation and the person at other end of the phone had no idea what I was talking about?

Thanks.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
jeffb said:
Hi

Does EPCOT still offer the Mickey's Ice Cream Social at the Garden Grill Restuarant? I just called to make a priority seating reservation and the person at other end of the phone had no idea what I was talking about?

Thanks.
Try asking for the "Rehitching Ceremony" at the Garden Grill. We did that on our honeymoone in 2003. There was basically nothing to it besides sitting in a booth and ordering an ice cream desert....you saw a few characters, and that was it.

jeffb

Original Poster
Thats a shame, it was one of the best $7 I had ever spent. Mickey + Chip + Pluto + Ice Cream = A winning combination.

colliera

Hated to see it go

A couple of years ago we did a walk-up and were astounded that we got in. It was just my wife and I on our first trip w/o kids and we just really needed a place to sit and cool off. It was then I remembered it was about time for the social so I though I'd just chance it.

So there we were enjoying the ice cream when Dale and Mickey came by. We said our hellos and took a couple of pictures and I though that would be it. Mickey became interested in the photos I had taken on the digital camera and took it from me and reviewed them all making "comments" about the pictures. A that point I had just over 100 shots for the day and this took about 20 minutes. Then the battery warning came on that power levels in the camera were failing and Mickey became very upset that he had wasted my batteries looking at the photos. "Not to worry Mickey.", I said. "I always carry extra batteries."

Mickey spent another 10 minutes or so with us. Just generally messing around and having fun with us old folks. It was so much the opposite of trying to get to a character, get a quick shot and get out of the way for the next person. Even if it was a slow day it was a rare treat to spend that much time and really get a feel for the personality of Mickey. What a swell guy he and Dale are.

I know this isn't the typical situation but for my money it was priceless, and I got ice cream too! :sohappy:

Miss Bell

What an awesome memory! It's the stuff like that, that you can't plan for, but just happens that really makes the magic for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom