Mickey's house isn't staying

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
They are learning they have to use "lawyer speak" because of the way information travels these days. It's the new reality. Fortunately I'm skilled at seperating the reality from the fantasy or this place would give me a headache :lol:

Its a very valid point. Disney have never had this kind of scrutiny when building anything. Within seconds of anyone from the company saying ANYTHING, it's all over the internet.

Can you imagine how some of the past projects would have been analysed, criticized and ripped apart if they were done in the current information age.

The big danger thewse days is that people take 140 characters from Tiwtter, get the total wrong end of the stick, then pass it on chinese whisper style to more and more people. Throwawway comments, that in the past would have died a quick death, now go on and on and on.

Everyone needs to take what they read online with a big grain of salt, and to remember that a lot of what is written may not be true, may be out of context, and may be subject to lots of changes, even if true at the time of being said.

EPCOT Explorer

Deliberately so. Some because it's fun to talk about this stuff, but others to stir up as much trouble as they can. The two camps become more defined by the day on this forum.

Toontown (originally Mickey's birthdayland) was supposed to be temporary. It was the "The Seas with Nemo" of it's day and many purists hated the tackiness of it's aesthetics. Many still do. They can't bulldoze it fast enough for my liking. The news is and has always been since the FLE was announced, that toontown was history at the MK and an M&M m&g was going to MSUSA. Music to my ears!!!!!!:sohappy:
Really, jt? Must there be sides? Must things be absolute?:rolleyes: Only the Sith deal in those...:lookaroun

Honestly, though, it's true. Just becuase you are critical of one aspect of the company doesn't mean you "Doom and Gloom" and you so put on EVERYTHING. ...EVERYTHING is a mixed bag, be it a person's opinion or a WDI Project. Like FLE. Some parts are good. Some bad....In my OPINION. Nothing is as white and black as you so love to put it to instigate partisanship and side taking.:wave:

As for TTF? Yeah, I'm happy it's going away, too. The Nemo comparison isnt far off. I never really enjoyed it.

imagineer boy

I think that it would be cool to move the houses along that trail. As of now, there is nothing there. Plus, it would also give the people on the train something to look at other than grass.

I personally think they should tear down and rebult Toon Town to be similar to the one in DL. I think there is room, though the railroad might have to be moved a bit.

tirian

Its a very valid point. Disney have never had this kind of scrutiny when building anything. Within seconds of anyone from the company saying ANYTHING, it's all over the internet.

Can you imagine how some of the past projects would have been analysed, criticized and ripped apart if they were done in the current information age.

The big danger thewse days is that people take 140 characters from Tiwtter, get the total wrong end of the stick, then pass it on chinese whisper style to more and more people. Throwawway comments, that in the past would have died a quick death, now go on and on and on.

Everyone needs to take what they read online with a big grain of salt, and to remember that a lot of what is written may not be true, may be out of context, and may be subject to lots of changes, even if true at the time of being said.

Steve, I wish the Internet existed when Walt put a giant Christmas star on top the Matterhorn. I would sit back with a bowl of popcorn. :D

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Steve, I wish the Internet existed when Walt put a giant Christmas star on top the Matterhorn. I would sit back with a bowl of popcorn. :D

LOL well because that was Walt, it would be OK with the "internet". If it were the evil "TDO" - there would be quite the drama I am sure.

kerrie

hey i must say the should leave mickey and minnies house alone or move them to the other side. they should keep them

hrcollectibles

People read far too much into some vague answers given in interviews.

That's because people always hear what they want to hear...I have read some rumors that said Mickey and Minnie's houses were going to be on Main Street USA.... Just because they said Mickey and Minnie's new home would be on Main Street USA.. People assumed that meant they were moving the houses...

EPCOT Explorer

Well, there was this one time down in Florida, a big pink paint job and candles . . . :lookaroun

And everyone hated it.

:lookaroun
Ok. I need to see pictures of that right now! Anyone? :lol:

1-62MatterhornStar.jpg

Master Gracey 5

I've always felt that Mickey and Minnie's houses were sort of like Swiss Family Treehouse or Tom Saywer Island - more of an exhibit to wander around than an actual attraction. I tend to only visit any of them if the rest of the park is especially crowded during the day or its been a couple visits since I last experienced it.

Needless to say I won't be missing them with the new expansion. Other than the M&G, they added very little to the park. The M&G can go anywhere, though it doesn't really go well with the theme of MSUSA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom