Mickey's Christmas Party- Is it worth it?

parkhopper1213

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies everyone! We already paid for annual passes, so the idea of paying $79 a person more to stay at the park late one night didn't sit well. We can plan to be there when the park is open very late and have the experience of running around in an uncrowded park.

Herdman

We will be doing it for the first time when we go in November. Really looking forward to seeing something different
Same situation for us. Going in November on our arrival day. We get there early in the morning, plan to go to Disney Springs or resort hop during the day until we go to the party at 4:00. We aren't using a day on our tickets so no extra cost there. We are very excited to see how it is!!

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Well as all my trips have been Jan and February ever.....I booked in November and there were all those party days. I love the magic kingdom and being in the park at night....there are parties every night but one of my stay and I figured I would not be content to only have ONE evening at the MK.....so rather forced to party....figure I have never been to one so chose to check it out to meet objective of being there another night and do something different, likely won't do it again if I don't enjoy. Not getting hoppers for first time ever and never had parties to break up a day before. I am hoping the special parade and fireworks will be part of my fun....I also paid for party tickets with my Disney Rewards dollars so price was not too much part of my decision. If I had paid for hoppers to go elsewhere for my evenings I would have paid about as much anyhow? ;)

Magenta Panther

I'd say the Christmas party is absolutely worth it. The great parade, the castle projection show, snow on Main Street...awesome. But yeah, it's gotten pretty crowded of late. I'm hoping the new expanded plaza area near Cinderella Castle will help with that. At least it'll hopefully make leaving the party not such a claustrophobic nightmare...

rkleinlein

I disagree, its a 4pm until midnight event.. for less than a full day admission.
How many people would pay $79 to go into Magic Kingdom knowing they will only have 8 hours?

The cost a full day MK admission is VERY close to the cost of the Christmas Party. Now more confusing with tiered pricing, but on Dec 18 an adult MK ticket is $110, the Christmas Party is $99. If you buy multi day tickets, like most do, you actually pay more for the Christmas Party than theme park admission. Buy it's up to everyone to decide whether or not the cost of a Christmas Party ticket is a reasonable price for the number of hours in the park. I personally don't think 8 hours in the park for the "party" is equivalent to a full 13 hour day in the park for nearly the same price.

But another reason that the "party" is not worth it is because there's nothing special going other than a Christmas themed parade. When I was a kid, a Christmas parade at Christmastime was standard. Nobody had to pony up an extra $99 per person for it. To deprive kids of a Christmas parade during the Christmas season unless their parents are willing to pay $400 for a family of four is not just a blatant money grab, it's sad.

Sapr15

Thanks for the replies everyone! We already paid for annual passes, so the idea of paying $79 a person more to stay at the park late one night didn't sit well. We can plan to be there when the park is open very late and have the experience of running around in an uncrowded park.
I also have an annual pass & its very annoying this isnt included in the passes... Total money grab on Disneys part.

wdwfan22

Everybody will have different opinions, but if you want mine then yes it's worth it. Lower crowds, festive atmosphere, castle show, parade and fireworks.

wdwfan22

So a single park ticket to Universal is over $120 per day now? o_O When did I miss this one? And isn't Universal's Christmas party included in the regular day ticket? Much like Busch Gardens and Sea World's Christmas events as well.

Universal Christmas is lame. It wouldn't be able to hold up as a special ticketed event.

21stamps

So a single park ticket to Universal is over $120 per day now? o_O When did I miss this one? And isn't Universal's Christmas party included in the regular day ticket? Much like Busch Gardens and Sea World's Christmas events as well.
What is universal's Christmas party? The parade and Manheim steam roller? I'm excited for both of those..and I'm very excited for the Girnch Breakfast that I booked for us! I don't quite know what the whole Grinchmas thing is, I think there's a show based on what I read.

A one day ticket for me is $150 my son would be $105. Add the express pass and you're way over that. It's one of the main reasons I decided to just do multiple days instead of spending @ $400 to be rushed in one day.

Smiley/OCD

Is Mickey's Merry Christmas Party worth the $79 per person? Seems like a way for Disney to make more money off your visit.

In one word, YES..it's a nice evening and the parade is great. That said, would I go EVERY time I go that time of the year? Unless they DRASTICALLY changed something, I wouldn't. (I also like the MNSSHP better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom