Mickey waves goodbye?

ROEFan88

Original Poster
Just a random thought - I remember visiting Magic Kingdom at one point (I think it was October 2005) and at the end of the night (after Wishes), as we got through the tunnels and out of the park, Mickey appeared on the balcony of the train station, and was waving everyone goodbye. Just wondering if this is a regular thing?, as I don't remember having seen him every night I've been.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Just a random thought - I remember visiting Magic Kingdom at one point (I think it was October 2005) and at the end of the night (after Wishes), as we got through the tunnels and out of the park, Mickey appeared on the balcony of the train station, and was waving everyone goodbye. Just wondering if this is a regular thing?, as I don't remember having seen him every night I've been.
I've seen Mickey, but sometimes it's been CMs with the white Mickey gloves.

I imagine that since it takes a while for the park to clear, he may not be there the whole time even on nights he is there.

Craig & Lisa

I've seen Mickey, but sometimes it's been CMs with the white Mickey gloves.

I imagine that since it takes a while for the park to clear, he may not be there the whole time even on nights he is there.
I have seen that as well, sometimes Mickey and sometimes CM's, the CM's are on the balcony and the tunnel entrances too.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I've seen CMs with Mickeys Gloves and I've seen the occasional "face" character near the exits - but never Mickey or anyone on the balcony

CrazyCanuck

I have seen Mickey on the balcony numerous times but have never seen any CMs. When I stay later to check out the stores I never see him. But if I wait for the initial rush out of the park to finish and then head out, I have quite often seen him up there.
What I really have missed seeing is the CMs from the different countries lined up around the fountain at Epcot saying goodnight. I haven't seen them there the last few times I was there. Do they still do that?

ears2you

ive seen mickey waving goodbye from the station too. it was one of the first extra magic nights i had gone to and mickey was waving to us. it was 3am so the cast members at the turnstiles thanked us for visiting the magic kingdom-yesterday....heh i still laugh at that

DisneyLover10

I saw Mickey Mouse waving goodbye from the Main Street Train Station. They play a voice that's says different lines and such. It's so cool!!!

joanna71985

It depends on the time of the year. For the most part, it happens during the slower times of the year.

the-reason14

I have seen Mickey on the balcony numerous times but have never seen any CMs. When I stay later to check out the stores I never see him. But if I wait for the initial rush out of the park to finish and then head out, I have quite often seen him up there.
What I really have missed seeing is the CMs from the different countries lined up around the fountain at Epcot saying goodnight. I haven't seen them there the last few times I was there. Do they still do that?

I think they stopped that awhile ago, I use to like that too.

I have also seen mickey wave I think one time in Oct. maybe 05.

head mouse

I think they stopped that awhile ago, I use to like that too.

I have also seen mickey wave I think one time in Oct. maybe 05.

I' not quite sure what you mean by "a while ago" so forgive me if your meaning the same thing I am saying...

He still waved Goodbye during HCOE. Not sure if they still do it now during YOMD

flynnibus

Premium Member
I've seen mixes.. sometimes you see characters there... but at the least there are always CMs there with the mickey hands waving.

~Tinkerbell~

I've only been twice - but in each of my holidays I've seen Mickey waving goodbye from the balcony once! :lol: If I remember correctly, he was also speaking, but that might just be my imagination. Anyway, I thought it was a very nice, magical end to the day. :)

diddy_mouse

We were at MK the first day of our honeymoon in Oct. '05 and saw Mickey wave goodnight as we were leaving the park after "Wishes." We decided to wait a little bit for the crowd to clear out and once we walked under the train station, we saw him on the balcony saying goodnight! It was a nice surprise!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom