News Mickey Shorts Theater Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Fear

Where is this going? The old Sounds Dangerous space?

The Path of the Jedi theatre would make the most sense. The only other place this might go would be if they finally scrap Voyage of the Little Mermaid; you can see that entrance from M&MRR, so there's some cohesion there. Plus it would cut back on entertainment, which is en vogue recently.

Actually, the way they frame "Theatre District" makes me think this is Path of the Jedi; in the same area is Frozen Sing-Along and Indiana Jones.

Cmdr_Crimson

Please let it be the Sounds Dangerous theater..Please oh please oh please....
tenor.gif

Even if it's that case..They won't be 3D, plus they literally have a dedicated Mickey mouse short channel on the resort tv network.....So if you missed seeing Potatoland in your resort room you'll have your chance in the park..

Last edited:

brb1006

Please let it be the Sounds Dangerous theater..Please oh please oh please....
tenor.gif

Even if it's that case..They won't be 3D, plus they literally have a dedicated Mickey mouse short channel on the resort tv network.....
Maybe it's dedicated to the older Mickey shorts made between 1928 till the mid 1950s.

Unbanshee

YodaMan

If we’re getting technical, “theatre district” is Grand ave all the way up to the Studios arch (Muppets, Star Tours, Path of the Jedi, Indy, Frozen, GMR). Whether or not you count Animation Courtyard in that (Mermaid, WDP, Disney Junior, Mermaid, Launch Bay) depends on who you ask.

My bet is on Path of the Jedi, but I wouldn’t be shocked if this somehow replaces Mermaid (they have recently begun work on the exterior) or the theater in WDP (it could tie in to the history of Walt and is the closest thing in terms of proximity to the ride).

Spash007

Could the reference to the theater district be a hint at a renaming of the lands here as well? Just like the new focus on the Worlds of Epcot, DHS will have Districts (except for the immersive lands?).

As to where, it seems like area around the Chinese theater is most likely with it going into Path of the Jedi. It's just such a weird reference, but I could see the Chinese Theater, and both sides of Commissary Lane being renamed into a new "district", so that you have MMRR, Frozen, this re-done theater, the "Celebrity" spotlight and Mickey and Minnie M&G fitting in (since they're on the red carpet of a theater premier). Or just the entire front-half is considered the theater district as the non-immersive side.

Cmdr_Crimson

Path of the Jedi is reporting "No Times Available" on the site. It's "Closed" on the app.

Granted, I've never checked, but has it always said that? When was the last time anyone set foot in there?
I think after the first new film...That's the last I saw it..I will say this, I think they are trying to get Star Wars out of the guests mind since Batuu East isn't getting the praise it was meant to...

PizzaPlanet

I'd like to see something more interesting in that theater. Just think of the possibilities that could come with an upgraded Sounds Dangerous. With today's advancements in audio technology it would be better than ever! Just give the fans what they want.

Spash007

I think after the first new film...That's the last I saw it..I will say this, I think they are trying to get Star Wars out of the guests mind since Batuu East isn't getting the praise it was meant to...

There's no reason to have the over-saturation of SW in DHS anymore. I feel like everyone assumed all the additional SW offerings would be needed for the people who couldn't get into the land, but now that anyone and everyone can, they're just not needed anymore. And who knows, maybe if everything is focused in one area, then people may be more inclined to go in.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

There's no reason to have the over-saturation of SW in DHS anymore. I feel like everyone assumed all the additional SW offerings would be needed to for the people who couldn't get into the land, but now that anyone and everyone can, they're just not needed anymore. And who knows, maybe if everything is focused in one area, then people may be more inclined to go in.
Then I would be all up for Launch Bay to return as an Animation M&G area again. No reason to have this all thrown in my face. And the Mickey, Minnie & Olaf M&G areas could shift Vader and Chewie there instead...

YodaMan

Could the reference to the theater district be a hint at a renaming of the lands here as well? Just like the new focus on the Worlds of Epcot, DHS will have Districts (except for the immersive lands?).

Possibly. It might just also be a disconnect between different branches of Disney. From an operations perspective, Theatre District East is Muppets, Star Tours, Jedi Training, Path of the Jedi, and Indy; West is Frozen, Center Stage, and GMR; Animation Courtyard is Walt Disney Presents, Mermaid, Launch Bay, and Disney Junior. So they could rename the areas on a map, but it might also just be their shorthand for “not Hollywood or Sunset and not a themed land.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom