Mickey said no thanks

BigTxEars

Original Poster
To his ROFR on the points we wanted. Good stuff!

We did not pass ROFR last time we tried a few months ago (30 pts at OKW at $75 per point) but this time we made it pass (110 points at SSR for $85 per point) so now just to finish the paper work and send in payment.

This gives us a total of 210 points all at SSR in April. I think that considering when we go (off times) and the size room we want (1 bedroom mainly, 2 bedroom sometimes) that 210 will be enough for now. Of course I would like more but I really feel like we are set for now :)

Only thing I regret is now just buying "enough" points to start with. We could have save $1500 or so by doing so. I would advise anyone to work out what they "need" and then buy 50% more (points) than that. That way you will be covered :)

We are currently booked at SSR Jan 24th -31st 2015 in a studio using our original points, with these new points our options are much greater. We are thinking a 2 bedroom at either OKW or AK (both still available) or a 1 bedroom at AK, BW, WL, or BC. Not sure how long it will be before these new points are in our account to use but as soon as they are we will change our booking :)

slappy magoo

We are currently booked at SSR Jan 24th -31st 2015 in a studio using our original points, with these new points our options are much greater. We are thinking a 2 bedroom at either OKW or AK (both still available) or a 1 bedroom at AK, BW, WL, or BC. Not sure how long it will be before these new points are in our account to use but as soon as they are we will change our booking :)
No guarantees, but why not call DVC, see if they would let you use the points you currently have to book one of those 2BR units now, and pay a night's deposit to book the rest of your planned vacation dates on a "cash" basis, with the provision that, once those points are in your name, you will switch to make the whole trip points-only & get your deposit refunded? I honestly don't know if they would be willing to accommodate such a request, but it (probably) wouldn't hurt to ask.

Either way good luck with the purchase.

BigTxEars

Original Poster
No guarantees, but why not call DVC, see if they would let you use the points you currently have to book one of those 2BR units now, and pay a night's deposit to book the rest of your planned vacation dates on a "cash" basis, with the provision that, once those points are in your name, you will switch to make the whole trip points-only & get your deposit refunded? I honestly don't know if they would be willing to accommodate such a request, but it (probably) wouldn't hurt to ask.

Either way good luck with the purchase.

Hey good ideal :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom