Mickey Mouse in "Steamboat Silly" - New Disney100 animated short

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Original Poster
1686673419127065.png

"The beloved Emmy Award-winning “The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse” shorts culminate with a final episode titled “Steamboat Silly,” which follows Mickey Mouse and his friends as they must stop hundreds of old film reel versions of Mickey from wreaking havoc all over town. The short will debut July 28 on Disney+ as part of Disney’s 100-year anniversary celebration."

Hats off to the best Mickey incarnation in decades, gonna miss these shorts and their takes on the cast.

TsWade2

Oh goody! I'm so excited for this! It's a shame that it's a series finale of Paul Rudish's Mickey Mouse shorts and specials, but they made a great run. So thank you Paul Rudish and his team for creating those fantastic Mickey Mouse shorts and specials. I hope who ever is next making the new short series starring Mickey Mouse and friends will do great in a future.

brb1006

Just got finished watching the short that dropped today. Since this serves as the finale for the Paul Rudish Mickey shorts, that it really ended on a very sweet note.

wtyy21

Just seeing the final episode of Paul Rudish's Mickey Mouse.

Despite sadly would be a farewell for Mickey Mouse's shorts aired in 2013 as we know it, the shorts had great Disney references, as the final short fits well with Disney 100th anniversary. It even had showcasing too many Mickeys through the years.

IMG_20230731_114953.jpg

Honestly, this shorts should be supposed to released theatrically before the live-action adaptation of The Little Mermaid last May, but didn't happen. Otherwise, this episode could considered be a prequel for much larger-scale short, namely Once Upon A Studio. Some Mickey's appearance at Steamboat Silly may be appeared on Once Upon A Studio short as part of Disney 100th anniversary.

Last edited:

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Original Poster
Honestly, this shorts was supposed to be appeared theatrically before the live-action adaptation of The Little Mermaid last May, but didn't happen. Otherwise, this episode could considered be a prequel for much larger-scale short, namely Once Upon A Studio. Some Mickey's appearance at Steamboat Silly may be appeared on Once Upon A Studio short as part of Disney 100th anniversary
There were plans to release it theatrically?

Heppenheimer

I'm really sad to see this series ending. My kids absolutely loved it, and personally think these (and the previous shorts that used the same style) are some of the cleverest products Disney has released in a long time. Paul Rudish seems to understand better than anyone at the actual Disney Feature Animation studio why people have loved Disney's legacy properties for almost a century, while also giving them a cheeky modern sensibility.

Just the Four of Us might be my favorite episode.

Last edited:

TsWade2

I enjoyed it very much. It is a great series finale of Paul Rudish’s Mickey Mouse. I’m not upset it ended. Sad, yes, but not upset. But I’m so very happy for it’s run. I mean, ten years is a great run.:) I want to say is thank you Paul Rudish and his crew for making those outstanding Mickey Mouse shorts and specials. I wish them the best of luck on their next project. I hope someone else can pass the torch to the next developer to create new shorts for Mickey Mouse and friends. Maybe WDAS will do it since they brought back hand drawn animation. Maybe a little bit similar to Mickey Mouse Works and Looney Tunes Cartoons 2020. But sadly, in the meantime, I’m afraid we‘ll have to deal with Mickey Mouse Funhouse for awhile.🙄 But I suppose Once Upon A Studio will make it up for it while I’m waiting for House of Mouse to be added on DisneyPlus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom