Mickey Mouse Cartoons.

ToyStoryMiss

Original Poster
I absolutely LOVE watching the old cartoons from the 20's and 30's. They're so good, and it gives me that old Walt feeling..:happy:
For anyone that's been to the Cape May Cafe, remember that little spot that plays some old cartoons where the kids sit? Yeah, I've been sitting in that spot ever since I was little.
I'm the tallest person out of all the kids..once in a while an adult will sit in that section, but they always give me a weird look because I'm quite a bit older than all of the 5 year olds..
Like.. "o_O Why are you here?.." and afterwards they always glance over at me..":cautious:"
Oh well, I enjoy them. :p

Now, since I've watched most of them, I've learned some have been banned. Like Mickey in Arabia (for obvious reasons), I think they might have banned Traffic Troubles, and some more. (Well, actually, they didn't ban it, I don't think.
In Traffic Troubles, towards the end, Mickey jumps on a pig to get air into the car's tire. A few seconds beforehand, the license plate goes upside down, spelling "O heck". :hilarious:

I'm guessing it hasn't been banned, though. But I researched a bit and looked at this one banned cartoon that was banned in the U.S. called "The Shindig".
...it was said they banned it because Clarabelle Cow was reading a book entitled "Three Weeks".
It was an obscene book (just look it up..or look up banned mickey mouse cartoons), which was banned in Canada in 1907, leading up to the United States to follow.
Now, when Horace Horsecollar knocks on her door, she rushes to get dressed, implying she was naked while reading the book. o_O:confused:

★The more you know★

Here's the video. :p It is a cute cartoon, though.

Also, I love watching the other old ones, like Steamboat Willie, Plane Crazy (actually, Plane Crazy came out before Steamboat Willie, but it didn't gather much attention from the audiences.), etc. I like things old school, LIKE THE OLD MONORAIL VOICE. :bored:
Do you like the old cartoons? (which I hope you do.) Tell me your opinion on them! :joyfull:

EDIT: Also, I learned something new. It seems Hitler was a huge fan of Mickey Mouse. :confused: I would've never guessed.
Maybe because of the theory that Walt hated the Jewish... (I still think that's false.)

Beholder

I absolutely LOVE watching the old cartoons from the 20's and 30's. They're so good, and it gives me that old Walt feeling..:happy:
For anyone that's been to the Cape May Cafe, remember that little spot that plays some old cartoons where the kids sit? Yeah, I've been sitting in that spot ever since I was little.
I'm the tallest person out of all the kids..once in a while an adult will sit in that section, but they always give me a weird look because I'm quite a bit older than all of the 5 year olds..
Like.. "o_O Why are you here?.." and afterwards they always glance over at me..":cautious:"
Oh well, I enjoy them. :p

Now, since I've watched most of them, I've learned some have been banned. Like Mickey in Arabia (for obvious reasons), I think they might have banned Traffic Troubles, and some more. (Well, actually, they didn't ban it, I don't think.
In Traffic Troubles, towards the end, Mickey jumps on a pig to get air into the car's tire. A few seconds beforehand, the license plate goes upside down, spelling "O heck". :hilarious:

I'm guessing it hasn't been banned, though. But I researched a bit and looked at this one banned cartoon that was banned in the U.S. called "The Shindig".
...it was said they banned it because Clarabelle Cow was reading a book entitled "Three Weeks".
It was an obscene book (just look it up..or look up banned mickey mouse cartoons), which was banned in Canada in 1907, leading up to the United States to follow.
Now, when Horace Horsecollar knocks on her door, she rushes to get dressed, implying she was naked while reading the book. o_O:confused:

★The more you know★

Here's the video. :p It is a cute cartoon, though.

Also, I love watching the other old ones, like Steamboat Willie, Plane Crazy (actually, Plane Crazy came out before Steamboat Willie, but it didn't gather much attention from the audiences.), etc. I like things old school, LIKE THE OLD MONORAIL VOICE. :bored:
Do you like the old cartoons? (which I hope you do.) Tell me your opinion on them! :joyfull:

EDIT: Also, I learned something new. It seems Hitler was a huge fan of Mickey Mouse. :confused: I would've never guessed.
Maybe because of the theory that Walt hated the Jewish... (I still think that's false.)

I like things old school, but your knowledge of those cartoons and some of the history behind them far, far, exceed my own. Thanks for the interesting bits of info!

ToyStoryMiss

Original Poster
Also, since I don't want to make the original post too long, I shall share more of my knowledge in this. :p

As some may know, Plane Crazy was originally a silent cartoon, but re-released it as a sound after Steamboat Willie.
But, as seen in Plane Crazy, Mickey Mouse was quite a jerk. After Minnie refused to kiss him, he used scare tactics to get her to kiss him, which did not prevail. He also forced a kiss onto her, a few seconds after he used the scare tactics; This was clearly a prototype Mickey. Mickey was discovering himself then, and I'm certain Walt was trying to figure out the type of personality Mickey would have, and how he would act. As seen in a few cartoons after Steamboat Willie, Mickey became a nicer person/mouse. I deduced this theory after I watched Plane Crazy, and then watched a few later cartoons from a few years after.

Also, Mickey spoke his first words in The Karnival Kid. "HOT DOGS, HOT DOGS!" Which is probably one of his most notable catchphrases is "Hot dog!".:happy:

It's interesting, as people may know, if Oswald wasn't taken away from Walt and Iwerks by Charles Mintz (I have that feeling that Charles Muntz from Up is based off of him), Mickey would probably have never been created. It would be Oswald we'd be seeing as a mascot for Disney, not Mickey. I can't even imagine that. I like Oswald and all, but Mickey..

I'll write more if I remember more things about the old cartoons. :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom