Mickey floral removal timeline?

markham

Original Poster
Hi! I’m sure this is somewhere in the boards , but I couldn’t find it. Does anyone know when the Mickey Floral outside the Studios gate was removed? Was this done with the entrance enhancements or the security changes? I always thought it was the best version of a Mickey floral anywhere, though it’s position made it unlikely to be seen by most unless walking from the Swan/Dolphin/Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach complex or maybe taking a boat from/to them.

Attachments

• 2C74B48F-4508-4655-BCBF-FAE98B952653.jpeg
    2C74B48F-4508-4655-BCBF-FAE98B952653.jpeg
    324.7 KB · Views: 118

MagicHappens1971

Hi! I’m sure this is somewhere in the boards , but I couldn’t find it. Does anyone know when the Mickey Floral outside the Studios gate was removed? Was this done with the entrance enhancements or the security changes? I always thought it was the best version of a Mickey floral anywhere, though it’s position made it unlikely to be seen by most unless walking from the Swan/Dolphin/Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach complex or maybe taking a boat from/to them.
I haven’t seen this ever. I’m 22 and have been visiting the parks since ‘03. Obviously I don’t remember anything from back then, but in recent memory, the past 12-15ish year, I don’t remember ever seeing this

markham

Original Poster
It was an opening day feature and I’m nearly certain that this still existed in the early 2000s but I can’t seem to find anything about what made it go away and when. I’d love to know if anyone has any insight!

markham

Original Poster
Did some digging, but the Mickey floral was removed sometime between 2000 and 2001.
Here are the respective park maps from those two years. As for the why; can't find anything as of yet.

Also interesting that the maps went from a tri-fold to a 4-square-fold

View attachment 675148

View attachment 675149
Thank you! At least now I know a rough timeline. Such an odd thing to remove, it just made me curious if there was a reason.

ToTBellHop

Thank you! At least now I know a rough timeline. Such an odd thing to remove, it just made me curious if there was a reason.
If I had to guess, they removed it when they built supports there for the Christmas tree. The tree used to be in front of the Chinese Theatre. In 2001, it moved outside the park (to that planter) due to the Sorcerer Mickey hat.

More recently, it moved to Echo Lake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom