Mickey at Journey into Imagination

General Grizz

Original Poster
It's been said that when moving out of the massive JII turntable (1983 version, folks), while Dreamfinder and Figment croon "One Little Spark's" chorus, the voice of Mickey Mouse could be heard singing along into the Dreamport.

I've heard this tale from so many people, but was never able to experience it. Even a Cast Member asked me, "Did you hear Mickey?" after we had a conversation about the ride in its last days.

WDWFREAK53

ya know...come to think of it...I think I vaguely remember this...

I remember my mother telling me and every time we'd ride, we'd try to listen for him.

(I was young though)

Captain Cab

I've also been on the original ride dozens of times, and I have never heard Mickey at any point.

Could this just simply be an untrue Disney legend? This could possibly be a case where your imagination is playing a trick on you. If you're told to listen for something and instead you hear something different but very similar, that similar thing now magically becomes the original thing you were listening for in the first place. So now something that sounded sorta like Mickey now becomes the real Mickey voice.

The problem here is that everybody is listening for something special. It's not like actually sighting a hidden Mickey in the background (or anything else for that matter). When it comes to audio it comes down to one person's word versus another. It's something that can easily be disputed since it was never actually there in person.

An example would be in the main show for Alien Encounter. When the alien first appears in the teleportation tube a loud comment is always hear in the background. Now, does this voice say "It's my mother-in-law!", or does it say "It's my brother-in-law!"? The common phrase heard in jokes would put the mother in favor of being correct, but that is offensive for a lot of mothers out there. Therefore would Disney take the similar and amusing but not as offensive brother version instead of the mother one? It could go either way and most people would go for the mother version even though it may not be correct.

FigmentJedi

Interesting enough, Mickey was in one of my one ideas for a faithful remake of JII. He came along to help Dreamfinder and Figment set up the new areas. My JII remake idea story is that the Institute needs inspiration so Figment gets the Dreamfinder back to inspire them and show em' what imagination is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom