Mickey and the Magical Map Reviews? Any good?

Fox&Hound

Original Poster
Hi Disney friends! I was curious if anyone has seen the "new" Mickey and the Magical Map show at Disneyland/DCA? Is it any good? I remember hearing about the creation of the show and seeing small vids but I was curious to hear if anyone actually attended and what they thought? Awesome? Underwhelming? Impressive set, dancing, or effects? Would it be a good show to clone to other parks like WDW? Thanks for your comments...

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Hi Disney friends! I was curious if anyone has seen the "new" Mickey and the Magical Map show at Disneyland/DCA? Is it any good? I remember hearing about the creation of the show and seeing small vids but I was curious to hear if anyone actually attended and what they thought? Awesome? Underwhelming? Impressive set, dancing, or effects? Would it be a good show to clone to other parks like WDW? Thanks for your comments...

I saw it in August and thought it was really cool. There were some cool effects and you get to see a few decent characters sing and perform. The set was impressive to me. Good to see at least once.

Not mind blowing though so not really a point to clone it.

I'm not a fan. Same rehash of songs you get in Soudsational, Disneyland Forever, and World of Color. Also thought the story/writing was too tacky and over the top.
It's fun for kids, but definitely not up to the quality of past shows in the space.

Phroobar

The show is kind of a throw back to the clip shows that Disney would put on every year back in the 80's and 90's. It's no better or worst than those. The video map is kind of neat though.

ght

Not a fan, but worth catching if you have some extra time. It isn't something I make a special effort to see though. I thought the Frozen show at the Royal Theater in Fantasyland was much better myself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom