Mickey and the Magic Map coming to WDW?

WDWDad13

Original Poster
Has anyone heard any rumors about Mickey and the Magic Map show now at DLR coming to WDW? Seems like this could be a welcome addition to DHS especially, maybe in place on Beauty and the Beast or VOTLM?

ToTBellHop

The rumors have been for Princess and the Frog and/or Tangled shows at DHS. But neither has been budgeted although BatB will close. There will be something new in the Theater of the Stars...eventually. Hopefully, they can use this time to enclose the theater as they have done elsewhere to give us climate control and better lighting. Does Disney sometimes forget that Walt picked Central Florida for his Florida project?

Not for nothing, I'm not terribly impressed at Mickey and the Magic Map. Though it's better than that bizarre Snow White show they did in the last decade. Ick!

Last edited:

FutureWorld1982

It could be the best show ever (I don't know how it is, I haven't seen it yet), but I wouldn't want it at WDW. I would much prefer a completely original show.

muteki

It's Mickey and the Magical Map.
"Get it right or pay the price!"
2dwi645.png

LudwigVonDrake

"Mickey and the Magical Map" was okay. I wasn't incredibly impressed. The show I much preferred was "Aladdin" but I understand the venues for the two shows are completely different.

Nmoody1

It's a good show.... Anything is better than VOTLM.... But yet again, does WDW really need things imported from Disneyland. This obsession with Carsland, WOC... They are great... Go see them in California. IF disney needs to recreate attractions from other parks, why not international parks - spread out on either coast - not bringing everything from disneyland to another disneypark in the same country!

Californian Elitist

It's a good show.... Anything is better than VOTLM.... But yet again, does WDW really need things imported from Disneyland. This obsession with Carsland, WOC... They are great... Go see them in California. IF disney needs to recreate attractions from other parks, why not international parks - spread out on either coast - not bringing everything from disneyland to another disneypark in the same country!

You're my new best friend.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

I don't mind clones nearly as much as most, despite the fact that I actually go to both Disneyland and WDW quite often. That being said, I agree that cloning from International parks would be much preferred. If they want to import a show from another park, Animagique or Cinemagique from WDSP, the Little Mermaid show in TDS (although that requires a significantly different theater), the Tomorrowland stage show from TDL (name escapes me, but it was a slightly different take on your standard "medley of Disney hits" show), or even the Cirque-style stage show from TDS (again, name escapes me) would all be better choices, I think.

RSoxNo1

Has anyone heard any rumors about Mickey and the Magic Map show now at DLR coming to WDW? Seems like this could be a welcome addition to DHS especially, maybe in place on Beauty and the Beast or VOTLM?
The show is decent enough, but it's basically an upgraded castle show with PhilharMagic's bonus B-sides. In an indoor theater they could really do some cool things with some of the songs, but the limitations of the Fantasyland Theater don't let the show reach it's full potential.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Meh. The princess bits ran long, I would have liked more fur characters, and the crap they show on the screen when Mickey is supposed to be "moving" is insultingly low-quality.

Wikkler

Meh. The princess bits ran long, I would have liked more fur characters, and the crap they show on the screen when Mickey is supposed to be "moving" is insultingly low-quality.
No, everything Disneyland does is 100% pure gold and everything WDW does is 100% pure crap...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom