Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (poll)

What do you think of Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway?

• Total voters

HouCuseChickie

I'm reserving judgement until I ride it, but I was never a fan of the GMR and I've enjoyed what I've seen in the Runaway Railway videos. I recall waiting a LONG time to ride GMR on my first MGM visit (90 or 91) and we weren't impressed. We didn't ride it again until we started taking our kids (2010) and it became one of those things that we rode when we had nothing else to do. So, I think "It's alright. Still better than the Great Movie Ride though" will probably be my assessment.

ndiniz

I saw a video of the ride, and I thought was funny at the beginning when part of the screen "blows up" to allow the guests to get into the boarding area! I thought it was really cool that they had Daisy Duck having a dance studio, and seeing the riders waltz in perfect time, only to end up doing a crazier dance, and the waterfall thing was awesome! I'd ride it!!!

Greenlawler

In the Disney fandom "reality"....

Where we all cling to nostalgia.

The fact that almost 60% of fans actually like something Disney does to replace an original, should tell you all you need to know. This is an upgrade.

And read the results folks carefully, because it's a little misleading.

Last edited:

General Mayhem

I am an avid of both GMR and MMRR. I will always miss GMR but at a certain point you have to accept what you cannot change. I am so grateful that the ride that did replace it is a true winner in my opinion. To those of you who are upset be grateful this wasn't a full on repeat of the disaster that was "Journey into YOUR Imagination"...

Last edited:

Giss Neric

I have no attachments to GMR as I only found the Aliens part the one that I could relate to so I won't compare MMRR to it. I think MMRR is like a new generation of the dark rides in Fantasy Land and Toon Town so I think it's great.

NOTE: The preshow though is one of the best I have seen in any ride ever. Nobody expected that would happen.

justintheharris

Original Poster
any nods to the GMR on this ride?
Multiple. Most noticeably is the poster in the carnival scene that's for "The Great Moving Ride." BlogMickey just did an article today that mentions the tornado scene has a mailbox in it that say "no place like home" I think in reference to Wizard of Oz and then they reused a sound effect of an alley cat in the alley scene before the factory.

graphite1326

I am probably in the minority here. The lines are still long for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. I rode it and wasn't impressed. The same can be said for Slinky Dog. I get the same feeling about this ride.

Just to let you know, I love riding BTMR which is similar to 7 Dwarfs. Just so everyone knows I am not anti-change.

The Grand Inquisitor

Multiple. Most noticeably is the poster in the carnival scene that's for "The Great Moving Ride." BlogMickey just did an article today that mentions the tornado scene has a mailbox in it that say "no place like home" I think in reference to Wizard of Oz and then they reused a sound effect of an alley cat in the alley scene before the factory.
Plus the Old West scene is absolutely a callback to the Western Scene in The Great Movie Ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom