Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So compartmentalized instead of separate? Interestingly, I cannot remember who said it but I recall someone describing it as an entirely separate room. It makes more sense going with the Rat route.
You have the park unload, then the connecting barn between unload and load. Within the barn is a semi private GWD platform where two cars can park to load and unload off of the main ride path. The only cars passing this point should be empty.

TrojanUSC

I guess all the CMs that were getting off of RotR and saying how great it was were also just spinning, too.

BTW, cool conspiracy, bro.

What? The ROTR reactions seemed genuine. Here they do not. Also, none of the reactions in this video seem to be true reactions, it's all just kind of marketing speak.

It's like asking someone if they had a good time on a date and they respond that it was "memorable."

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What? The ROTR reactions seemed genuine. Here they do not. Also, none of the reactions in this video seem to be true reactions, it's all just kind of marketing speak.

It's like asking someone if they had a good time on a date and they respond that it was "memorable."

They all went to the tired "amazing" and "exciting" over and over. If this was a marketing spiel handed to them, I would hope marketing owns a thesaurus.

Tho, the utterance of "most unique" transcends all poetic ideals in the use of an impossible concept to describe what words dare not utter!!

TP2000

BTW, the cast member in the video who said "most unique" should be fired.

Yes, but at least she didn't use the word "amazing" in her statement. So maybe she just gets put on probation for a week instead of termination?

All of the rest of the hourly CM's in this video have fallen victim to that horrible condition many young people have today where the only positive adjective left in their vocabulary is the word "amazing".

EDIT: We posted our criticism of their stunted vocabulary at the same time! Great minds think alike. AMAZING! :cool:

TP2000

If this was a marketing spiel handed to them, I would hope marketing owns a thesaurus.

I can't imagine the cubicle farms of Celebration own a single thesaurus. Have you read the average Parks Blog post lately?

Back on topic, I was thrilled to see these vehicles hold 24 people. They won't get 1960's and 70's levels of hourly capacity of 2,500 to 3,000 hourly riders, but they should get at least 2,000 riders per hour after they get the kinks worked out.
Bravo WDI!

Last edited:

TP2000

Oh man that video. They might as well just had them glancing down at clipboards to read off of as it was so unbelievably scripted. Also the best thing someone could say was that it was "unique"?

It's worse than that. She said "most unique", and her 8th grade Language Arts teacher is yelling at this YouTube video now.

My sense of it is that these CM's were just riffing and ad-libbing for the camera. But their statements were so vacuous, and so repetitive, that it probably would have been better had they been given a script to read by marketing.

I was thinking of "the talent moat" as described on the Garry Shandling show. Some people are good at (fake) ad libbing on camera, most aren't.

My gosh, how I miss that show! It had me falling off the couch in gales of laughter back then. So smart and funny!

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I can't imagine the cubicle farms of Celebration own a single thesaurus. Have you read the average Parks Blog post lately?

But something tells me this video was just the CM's riffing on their own, and because it's the year 2020 and they are under the age of 30 they have a shrinking list of words to describe emotions and thoughts with. Amazing and Excited are about all they have left.

Back on topic, I was thrilled to see these vehicles hold 24 people. They won't get 1960's and 70's levels of hourly capacity of 2,500 to 3,000 hourly riders, but they should get at least 2,000 riders per hour after they get the kinks worked out.
Bravo WDI!

I think there's supposed to be four vehicles per train. The video, being up close to the train, only showed three at a time.

So, it's 32 people per train launch.

@marni1971 expects 1,800 - 2,000 pph.

TP2000

I think there's supposed to be four vehicles per train. The video, being up close to the train, only showed three at a time.

So, it's 32 people per train launch.

@marni1971 expects 1,800 - 2,000 pph.

Okay, good to know. I'm going to keep hoping for 2,000 per hour because of the easy vehicle logistics for boarding. After they spend six months working out all the kinks, of course, which I think is understandable.

This really is a good sign that not everyone in WDI thinks it is acceptable to design expensive new rides that can only get 1,600 riders per hour. I'd love to see them get back to the 1960's standards of 2,500 per hour and up, but just breaking the 2,000 per hour threshold again is refreshing.

Surferboy567

Judging by the art released, I think the B Story will be...

Pluto running all around the place trying to save the picnic basket.

That is a very possible B Story...but in these shorts anything goes.

I was thinking
Goofy Struggling to regain control of the train
but I guess that could be the A Story

Disneyson

That is the next vehicle coming up immediately behind it.

Having a train instantly replace the departing train is a sign of a high dispatch which will allow it to have the high capacity mentioned above.

Time for @marni1971 swoop in and crush my dreams with a THC of 1200 :D

If there is another train immediately replacing the previous train, will there be two visible Goofys? That I would think is a huge faux pas, even in a slap-dash cartoon world. Unless they cover it by Goofy exiting the train/closing a curtain as the ride ends.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom