Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Movielover

March 4th! my last WDW day on my trip is the 3rd and then I switch over to UOR on the 4th... Might have to make a change here, unless they are doing guest runs on the 3rd...

Hawkeye_2018

I will be in Disney that week. Though not sure I want to try and fight the crowds for this one attraction. Will DHS be significantly more crowded the opening day(s)?

Goofyernmost

Just think about everything you touch on a WDW trip, handrails, attraction lapbars, bathroom doors, etc, etc. Bring your white blood cels, some hand gel, and an adventurous spirit!
I spent my lifetime building up a huge reservoir of white blood cells and they have all served me well. I have never been ill before, during or after a Disney trip. I don't now and have never owned a single bottle of hand sanitizer, I do have some antibiotic hand soap in the bathroom for obvious reasons. Adventurous spirit, sure, I suppose that could be said, but, it is more of a life long lack of concern. I didn't consciously do this to build my immune system, it was just a way of life that, I think, proved to be a very positive thing. I believe in vaccinations because I was a kid when Polio was a gigantic presence in everyone's fears and we all knew at least one person that had been stricken by it. Our nightmares occasionally consisted of being relegated to an Iron Lung. We couldn't get to the clinics for our Polio shots quick enough. That said, I think that we are overusing antibiotics to the point where they are causing more problems then solving. But, it is a hard habit to break. That's to bad because to me it's important to let our bodies deal with everyday stuff and save the antibiotics for severe situations.

Yes, I know that at some point in time some nasty old thing will hit my body and all the white cells in the world are not going to help, but until then the fact that I haven't even had a cold for five years now makes me happy. Also possible is that at pushing 72 my white cell storage capacity may be getting low. But, until that day, I will use my experience to figure out what is a threat and what isn't and continue to enjoy my life.

ImperfectPixie

I spent my lifetime building up a huge reservoir of white blood cells and they have all served me well. I have never been ill before, during or after a Disney trip. I don't now and have never owned a single bottle of hand sanitizer, I do have some antibiotic hand soap in the bathroom for obvious reasons. Adventurous spirit, sure, I suppose that could be said, but, it is more of a life long lack of concern. I didn't consciously do this to build my immune system, it was just a way of life that, I think, proved to be a very positive thing. I believe in vaccinations because I was a kid when Polio was a gigantic presence in everyone's fears and we all knew at least one person that had been stricken by it. Our nightmares occasionally consisted of being relegated to an Iron Lung. We couldn't get to the clinics for our Polio shots quick enough. That said, I think that we are overusing antibiotics to the point where they are causing more problems then solving. But, it is a hard habit to break. That's to bad because to me it's important to let our bodies deal with everyday stuff and save the antibiotics for severe situations.

Yes, I know that at some point in time some nasty old thing will hit my body and all the white cells in the world are not going to help, but until then the fact that I haven't even had a cold for five years now makes me happy. Also possible is that at pushing 72 my white cell storage capacity may be getting low. But, until that day, I will use my experience to figure out what is a threat and what isn't and continue to enjoy my life.
That's exactly why my boys get their vaccines and also why I let them play in the dirt as often as they want, we go swimming in a pond, walk around barefoot, etc. etc. My mother (who is 69) calls me every time there's some new "scare" (like worms in dirt that can burrow through your skin and kill you) and I just tell her I'm not going to curb our lives or happiness over something that has a 1 in a million chance of happening. She remembers the polio situation all too well, but tends to buy into a lot of the bull online.

H20Babie

I leave the World and return home on March 1.

Sure hope there might be a Passholder preview while I'm there...
March 4th! my last WDW day on my trip is the 3rd and then I switch over to UOR on the 4th... Might have to make a change here, unless they are doing guest runs on the 3rd...

I check-in late on February 29, and check out on March 5. Hoping FP+ will be announced before the new year, or as mentioned, a passholder preview in the couple days before official opening!

IMDREW

Can anyone tell me how the fireworks will affect operating times for this ride? Will they close MMRR for the fireworks? Or can it stay open during?

UpAllNight

Wahoooo open for my May trip. Always difficult judging these things when booking so far in advance (I pretty much rely on this site to make the judgement). DHS will have 5 new rides & 2 new shows since my last visit in 2017. If they could sneak in a fantasmic update I’ll be thrilled.

Weather_Lady

$*%&!!! When we planned our trip over a year ago, February 2020 seemed like a good idea. The closer it gets, the less excited I get, and the more impossible it becomes to work out a halfway-decent HS touring plan, with the delayed-until-after-our-trip-opening of this previously announced people-eating attraction (it was originally supposed to open this year), the retooling of FP+ tiers in the park such that we're only getting one Fastpass that's of any use, and the bare bones park hours (we'll be at WDW for 7 days and HS is closing at 8pm every *$&% day, with exactly ONE EMH hour, on a single morning, the entire week of February break, when crowds are expected to be holiday-level... and RoTR won't even be open during that hour). Bah humbug, I say! (Why am I so grumpy? I must need to eat something.) Seriously, if we hadn't rented non-refundable DVC points for our hotel, I'd cancel this vacation in a heartbeat, and rebook for 2022 or after, when all the new stuff is supposed to be operating. I planned poorly and I'm paying the price.

On the up-side, for those visiting 3/4 and after, I rejoice with you! ;)

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member
$*%&!!! When we planned our trip over a year ago, February 2020 seemed like a good idea. The closer it gets, the less excited I get, and the more impossible it becomes to work out a halfway-decent HS touring plan, with the delayed-until-after-our-trip-opening of this previously announced people-eating attraction (it was originally supposed to open this year), the retooling of FP+ tiers in the park such that we're only getting one Fastpass that's of any use, and the bare bones park hours (we'll be at WDW for 7 days and HS is closing at 8pm every *$&% day, with exactly ONE EMH hour, on a single morning, the entire week of February break, when crowds are expected to be holiday-level... and RoTR won't even be open during that hour). Bah humbug, I say! (Why am I so grumpy? I must need to eat something.) Seriously, if we hadn't rented non-refundable DVC points for our hotel, I'd cancel this vacation in a heartbeat, and rebook for 2022 or after, when all the new stuff is supposed to be operating. I planned poorly and I'm paying the price.

On the up-side, for those visiting 3/4 and after, I rejoice with you! ;)
You going Presidents Week? They will definitely extend the hours. This past year I went Presidents Week and the hours weren't finalized until late January.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom