Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

mickEblu

Yet another thing we have in common. I find it interesting that one such place, Tropical Hideaway, opened recently. Yet, there is an intangible engineered quality to it that many of us have felt. We're being directed where to relax now. As certain as exiting through a gift shop, you can be sure a snack bar is a few steps away.

Well said! I guess it’s an unfortunate byproduct of land being at such a premium. They have to tell us where to relax now. That is if they want us too at all.

Sharon&Susan

I still feel like this ride is much better suited for California Adventure. It fits perfectly if you build it behind Carthay Circle and enter through the Carthay Circle building. There's room now with A Bug's Life gone and DCA -a place really short on dark rides - would really benefit from this.
I love the Carthay Circle Restaurant (at least as of the last time I visited), but I wouldn’t have missed it if it was replaced with M&MRR. If they did need another fine dining restaurant, there are several dead spots in Hollywoodland (such as Soundstage Millionaire and H&D).

mickEblu

I know it’s pretty much unofficially official at this point but on the WDW MMRR thread Marni is confirming that MMRR is coming to DLR. 👌

A lot of WDW’ers are upset about their MMRR being cloned. It’s kind of a weird reaction. I get that they re still upset about losing GMR but would knowing that their MMRR is the only version in existence make it more or less fun when they re riding it? Or bring back GMR?

SuddenStorm

I know it’s pretty much unofficially official at this point but on the WDW MMRR thread Marni is confirming that MMRR is coming to DLR. 👌

A lot of WDW’ers are upset about their MMRR being cloned. It’s kind of a weird reaction. I get that they re still upset about losing GMR but would knowing that their MMRR is the only version in existence make it more or less fun when they re riding it? Or bring back GMR?

So much of what they have comes from Anaheim- that they should be happy it's Anaheim cloning them for once.

Historically, the only major attractions I can think of that originated in WDW and came to the west coast are Bear Band, Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, Buzz, Midway Mania (by like a month). I'm trying to think if I'm missing anything else... but those are the only ones I can think of right now.

mickEblu

So much of what they have comes from Anaheim- that they should be happy it's Anaheim cloning them for once.

Historically, the only major attractions I can think of that originated in WDW and came to the west coast are Bear Band, Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, Buzz, Midway Mania (by like a month). I'm trying to think if I'm missing anything else... but those are the only ones I can think of right now.

You forgot Muppets and ITBAB. I think that’s it.

Why do you call CBJ Bear Band? Is that just your name for it? Haha

SuddenStorm

You forgot Muppets and ITBAB. I think that’s it.

Why do you call CBJ Bear Band? Is that just your name for it? Haha

I first heard it referred to as Bear Band in an interview with a CM who worked it in the '80s- and have heard it referred to as that a few times since- usually from people within Disney. I assume it was the internal lingo for the attraction.

I call it that cause it sounds way better in my head than typing CBJ or typing Country Bear Jamboree- something about Bear Band flows nice in my opinion.

mickEblu

I first heard it referred to as Bear Band in an interview with a CM who worked it in the '80s- and have heard it referred to as that a few times since- usually from people within Disney. I assume it was the internal lingo for the attraction.

I call it that cause it sounds way better in my head than typing CBJ or typing Country Bear Jamboree- something about Bear Band flows nice in my opinion.

Definitely flows off the tongue better. I was just asking cuz I never heard anyone refer to it that way.

SuddenStorm

Marni also answered the question in regards to the MMRR ride and how they re going to handle the fact that you re already in Toontown. Basically what I thought - slap a (toon) theatre facade on the show building. It’s not as clean as the DHS version but the main gimmick of being sucked into a movie screen is intact.

Does Toontown have a theater facade already? If not, this is definitely a wonderful addition to that area. Will help make Toontown worth visiting beyond the occasional Roger Rabbit ride.

Does this mean the end of Disneyland fireworks? With Galaxy's Edge and a new ride in Toontown, there will be far more demand for that area of the park at night.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No

Since it's based on Mickey and Minnie I'm okay with it being cloned around since they are the center of all things Disney, though I also wouldn't have minded a unique Mickey attraction. At least it's better than getting a clone of SDMT.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A lot of WDW’ers are upset about their MMRR being cloned.

Are you getting that from folks here or elsewhere? Because I don't remember seeing that here. Many WDWers are still upset that MMRR exists at all since it replaced GMR.

Also, WDW are usually fans of cloning since they have the space to clone everything everyone else does.

mickEblu

Does Toontown have a theater facade already? If not, this is definitely a wonderful addition to that area. Will help make Toontown worth visiting beyond the occasional Roger Rabbit ride.

Does this mean the end of Disneyland fireworks? With Galaxy's Edge and a new ride in Toontown, there will be far more demand for that area of the park at night.

I don’t think it does.

I think the new Mickey projection show is the start of a new beginning for DLR- where nightly fireworks are a thing of the past. Im pretty sure their will always be fireworks in some capacity though. So on the days where they do choose to do fireworks (which will probably be holidays/ summer weekends) I’m not sure what the answer is. It would be stupid to close down a new E ticket so early on those nights but on the other hand DLR has a lot to do.

I came up with a possible solution a few months back that involved a covered exit out of Toontown for guests riding MMRR. So essentially you still have an indoor queue holding a couple hours worth of people while the rest of the land is closed from 8-10pm for example. I think the rule/ law is that guests cannot be outdoors in the fallout areas. Which doesn’t really make sense to me as a building can catch fire. But if it is the case then some sort of covered exit tunnel out of Toontown would allow MMRR to stay open during Fireworks so long as you are queued up by x time.

Now where would this go or how feasible this is I have no idea.

TwilightZone

Probably not. The fireworks are way too iconic right now to get rid of entirely. They will probably be moved elsewhere if disney feels the need to keep galaxy's edge and toontown open at night during fireworks.

Phroobar

Maybe Disney is planning on replacing the fireworks with drones? I can't see them closing Toontown early with Runaway Railway there.
I can see the sky over Disneyland filled with these.

MJDTOYS-X48-Fly-Induction-Flying-Electrict-Toys-Electrict-Radio-Remote-Control-RC-Helicopter-Quadcopter-Drones-For.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom