Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Disney Analyst

I forgot about that space. It would be great if a real life physical Toontown could be the entrance to the new ride.

It would be perfect, nestled next to Mickey and Minnie’s house.

27E6AC4C-B503-4FBC-8DC6-27A028260B53.jpeg

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I've heard it described as temporary.

There were two if I remember correctly. The first toward the front entrance off of the trial, which is the temporary construction offices. And the second, which is toward the back of the land, this is the long white building. Which is where SWL:GE costuming and break rooms are suppose to be going. I'll have to go back and find a picture of it.

mickEblu

There were two if I remember correctly. The first toward the front entrance off of the trial, which is the temporary construction offices. And the second, which is toward the back of the land, this is the long white building. Which is where SWL:GE costuming and break rooms are suppose to be going.

So then that entire plot of land is not available for expansion? How many acres are?

mickEblu

As much as people have complained that "Frozen is everywhere!", it is indeed odd that the franchise hasn't gotten its own E-Ticket or Land. Instead, it's a little bit here and a little bit there... and there... and there.

Something to remind people of when the next popular movie comes out and people are expecting a tie-in ride for it to open simultaneously, let alone within the next two years.

I dunno. The Frozen show at the Hyperion is pretty solid, especially for a theme park. It's pretty much an E ticket. Saw it yesterday for the first time actually and was impressed. My 2 year old son who has never seen Frozen (except for let it go YouTube videos) sat through the entire thing without making a sound... and no, he wasn't sleeping. Lol

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So then that entire plot of land is not available for expansion? How many acres are?

That is what I understood. But maybe someone with more inside info would know. As for size, I really don't think it was that large of an area to begin with. But I don't know the actual sizes of the plots.

Stevek

I've not been aware of any plans for Arendelle that involved DCA (which doesn't mean they haven't existed).

The Fantasyland Theater won't be affected, as the Mickey show building won't span the railroad tracks. I don't think Roger is safe, sadly. The footprint for this ride is huge and Toontown is small. I'm not sure how much of it will be left, if any. Hoping to hear more details about that soon.
I'm guessing it takes up Roger and the 5 and dime, possibly all the way over to next to Minnie though they may want to keep some dining options given the draw this ride will have. Make sense to keep the meet and greets if 60%+ of the land is dedicated to Mickey and Minnie with the new ride. Wonder if they re-theme gadget...Barnstormer?

Disney Analyst

That is what I understood. But maybe someone with more inside info would know. As for size, I really don't think it was that large of an area to begin with. But I don't know the actual sizes of the plots.

I thought that plot was always considered expansion, and was actually where the planned Frozen land may end up?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I thought that plot was always considered expansion, and was actually where the planned Frozen land may end up?

That was never really confirmed and I believe just assumed based on the map drawn up by MC. But when that warehouse/office building went up in that space it kind of took the wind out of those sails. It was either confirmed here or on MC that the building would be used for SWL:GE costuming and break room.

SSG

I don't think Roger is safe, sadly. The footprint for this ride is huge and Toontown is small.

Any idea how big the Mickey ride is? I believe TT is a bit over 3 acres in total, so that would be quite a building if it takes up the entire land.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom