Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Mac Tonight

Sometimes that happens to me when I'm on my desktop Mac, but never on my iPhone. So who knows? But I get your frustration, especially when this new batch of Bioreconstruct images are so interesting to look at!

Let's dig in a bit more on them...

This photo shows just how big this attraction is going to be. Certainly some of that will be for queue and pre-show, but the land as seen below is roughly twice the size of the Small World building (and that's Disneyland's massive 15 minute long version, not the abbreviated 8 minute long versions is smaller buildings in Orlando and Tokyo).

View attachment 483008

Zooming in a bit more, at an angle from the east, you can see what's going on with construction. In a word... not much.

But, there is some good news as it's obviously not an abandoned site. There are some contractor trucks and at least a half dozen workmen on the site, and they appear to be laying in steel support frame for a foundation or exterior wall along the perimeter of the lot.

That's good news because it shows WDI has an active outside contractor working on the site. The project is not dead, and WDI is currently spending money to pay an outside contractor to work on the site daily.

View attachment 483010

And there's six Porta-Potties! They're ready for a party.

View attachment 483012
Socially distant toilets. The way it was always meant to be :)
Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 12.39.47 PM.png

No Name

I would be surprised if WDI didn't at least have both domestic parks in mind when designing. In doing so they would be considering DL's lack of sizable expansion locations, hence the wasted space in the GMR building.

The “wasted space” is not at one end of the building or another, it’s the space between certain walls throughout the building. No, it wasn’t designed with Disneyland space constraints in mind.

TP2000

o_O
This ride would have done really well at DCA

Because that is where WDI designed it to go, in a plussed up HollywoodLand expanded out into the East Esplanade.

It's a decent second place finish in Toontown, and it works there too. As if Disneyland needed another E Ticket to go along with its 13 other existing E Tickets. Runaway Railway will be Disneyland's 14th E Ticket. (Jungle Cruise '55, Matterhorn '59, Submarines '59, Small World '66, Pirates '67, Mansion '69, Space Mt. '77, Thunder Mt. '79, Star Tours '87, Splash Mt. '89, Indiana Jones '95, Target Run'19, Rise Before Dawn '20)

But that wasn't where it was supposed to go in Anaheim when it was in Blue Sky in 2013, fleshed out in 2014, and given funding in 2015. It was designed specifically for DCA, and then wherever they want to shoehorn it in out at WDW.

Last edited:

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Judging by the slow pace of construction in Toon Town, I’m beginning to wonder what will open first as the next “new marketable ride” (assuming they promote the Marvel and Star Wars additions next 2 years at least). MMRR or Splash 2.0.....

I could almost see MMRR being pushed 6+ months to January 2023 (or later) to coincide with the 30th anniversary of Toontown. That would open up Summer 2022 for Splash to reopen on an aggressive schedule “leapfrogging” MMRR. Though I’d definitely prefer to see Splash on a less rushed and more thoughtful timetable.

PiratesMansion

I feel like they will finish their existing projects before starting work on Splash.

That way, they have more time to develop PATF Splash, they give the public more time to get those last rides in, and they have shiny new rides open to both distract the public and give them some of the ride capacity they will lose once Splash goes down for the overhaul.

It's the most logical progression of events.

DLR92

Or was it made for HollywoodLand's expansion in the East Esplanade, then ported to DHS, then reworked for Toontown after Michael Colglazier's incompetence got the Eastern Gateway cancelled?

I think this attraction is suited more for Toontown. I think this would look so out of place in Hollywoodland in DCA. I’m so glad the idea was changed for DL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom