Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

It really should’ve been a railroad depot and avoid the whole cartoon inside a cartoon paradox but oh well. A Last Action Hero Ride would be awesome.
Yes! A train depot would have been soo much better!!!! How is it we can think of better ideas better than imagineering can?! And a Last Action Hero ride would be worth it for the Austin O'Brien AA

Old Mouseketeer

They didn't specify where it was going exactly, but that looks too spacious to be going in the Gag Factory space, as was the rumor. Given the green hills back there, I'd say it looks more like it's in Mickey's house space.

I'll put big money against it NOT being Mickey's House. There's too much infrastructure and they would have to find a new home for Mickey. I think it's either in the Five and Dime half of the retail space (leaving Gag Factory) or in place of City Hall, possibly losing the Gazebo (although that would be a shame). The City Hall option probably has a larger footprint.

My Bothans tell me one of the issues is whether staying to the East side could keep them out of the primary pyro fallout area and allow them to close only the Western half of Toontown. I hear that this was a consideration in SW:GE. Supposedly the primary fallout area boundary runs along the building facade going up from Cantina in front of the standby queue and behind the Falcon.

So we'll see how this plays out.

EDIT: Eliminated the double negative. My bad.

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

This isnt about a world of toons watching other toons. we as guests are not cartoons. we are people who enter the cartoon world of Toontown that has always been at Disneyland until the toons decided to let us in( that is the story when the land first openend). I don't get why normal mickey is having us look at a newer cartoon version of himself while we are in the toon world. I am looking forward to the ride I just wish instead of a movie theater we got something that fit the theme of Toontown better for the facacde and main story.
But, we’re still in a world where 100% of the population are toons, when there aren’t out-of towners visiting. If the toons are anything like us humans, they presumably watch both watch films with all cartoon casts. I think the screen as a teleportational device makes sense to me and I would think (similar to real world Chinatowns) that there are multiple Toontowns spread all across the globe in the Roger Rabbit universe (I know the original book is different, but I believe that’s alluded to there).

Just as a transporter would be insanely useful to people (as long as you keep the flies out), I imagine traveling by screen would be insanely useful (plus I feel like it makes sense considering the fourth wall breaking nature that many cartoon characters are known for)

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

But, we’re still in a world where 100% of the population are toons, when there aren’t out-of towners visiting. If the toons are anything like us humans, they presumably watch both watch films with all cartoon casts. I think the screen as a teleportational device makes sense to me and I would think (similar to real world Chinatowns) that there are multiple Toontowns spread all across the globe in the Roger Rabbit universe (I know the original book is different, but I believe that’s alluded to there).

Just as a transporter would be insanely useful to people (as long as you keep the flies out), I imagine traveling by screen would be insanely useful (plus I feel like it makes sense considering the fourth wall breaking nature that many cartoon characters are known for)
eeeeh. I just wish we had a difference facade than a theater. it doesn't really make as much sense in Toontown as it does Disney World. Still can't wait for the ride though. This is just a minor nitpick but still a valid nitpick.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

So the real question is since the attraction takes place in a movie theater does that mean the rest of Toontown won’t have to change to match the bootleg aesthetics of the new Mickey shorts?
That is a very good question
I hope not. I like the style of Toontown and to me, anything new needs to fit the current style not the other way around.

TROR

Changing all of Toon Town would cost too much money.

I don’t care about this weird paradox tbh. I imagine entering the silver story is integrated too much into the ride for them not to have it. Who knows, though. Maybe in a few years we’ll all be disappointed they didn’t make it part of Toon Town Station.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Changing all of Toon Town would cost too much money.

I don’t care about this weird paradox tbh. I imagine entering the silver story is integrated too much into the ride for them not to have it. Who knows, though. Maybe in a few years we’ll all be disappointed they didn’t make it part of Toon Town Station.
You make some excellent points

mharrington

I'll put big money against it NOT being Mickey's House. There's too much infrastructure and they would have to find a new home for Mickey. I think it's either in the Five and Dime half of the retail space (leaving Gag Factory) or in place of City Hall, possibly losing the Gazebo (although that would be a shame). The City Hall option probably has a larger footprint.

You "put big money against it NOT being Mickey's House"? Isn't that kind of a double negative? Doesn't that mean you put money on it actually being in Mickey's House? I'm confused.

In any case, your idea for where it goes would make sense, although it would be a shame to lose the gazebo and its "blank" sign nearby.

Zorro

Mickey's house is pretty cool to walk through. If the line is short for Gadget's then it is worth it.

I agree with you. I always make sure to take a tour through the big cheese's pad at least once per trip. If you're a Disney enthusiast, there a lot of neat references and in-jokes to observe. I do bail out before the meet and greet section though. If anything else, it's a nice place to spend a few minutes while waiting for your Roger Rabbit fast pass return time.

Ismael Flores

They didn't specify where it was going exactly, but that looks too spacious to be going in the Gag Factory space, as was the rumor. Given the green hills back there, I'd say it looks more like it's in Mickey's house space.

it looks like there is a piece of the Gag factory facade next to it on the right side.

i wonder if its more of where the fake facade is now for the city hall that would give plenty of room to add this new facade. looks like we my loose the gazebo

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom