Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The forum each post is in is located under the thread title.

Yes, I know. Small print. The MMRR thread has existed for a long time exclusively for DHS, so, is it any wonder that when an almost identically named thread shows up people don't check the small print?

Rich T

This one and others in the Disneyland side need a moderator.
This forum is like DL itself: casual and full of locals! :D I’m as guilty as anyone for feeding the off-topic party, but really, all it usually takes is one participant to call attention to the drift and set things back on course. :)

At least SWGE snd TT are neighbors. :)

Californian Elitist

Yes, I know. Small print. The MMRR thread has existed for a long time exclusively for DHS, so, is it any wonder that when an almost identically named thread shows up people don't check the small print?

View attachment 357979

Yes, it is, since the name of the forum is right there. It’s quite rare anyways.

But what Storm said doesn’t just apply to this thread, but the forum in general, which is what my comment regarded. While the majority of the posts here are from Disneyland folks, there have been times when people will make comments about WDW that have nothing at all to do with the DLR.

I’m actually curious as to know why you spend as much time here as you do when you’ve never been to the parks here. There’s nothing wrong with it, but I’m curious (you’re not inclined to answer).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yes, it is, since the name of the forum is right there. It’s quite rare anyways.

But what Storm said doesn’t just apply to this thread, but the forum in general, which is what my comment regarded. While the majority of the posts here are from Disneyland folks, there have been times when people will make comments about WDW that have nothing at all to do with the DLR.

I’m actually curious as to know why you spend as much time here as you do when you’ve never been to the parks here. There’s nothing wrong with it, but I’m curious (you’re not inclined to answer).

I've been once. Might go again. With all the cloning, what happens in all the parks impacts WDW and vice versa. Especially with SWL debuting in Anaheim.

mharrington

I would guess we wouldn't see anything significant until SWGE opens and operations gets a rough idea of the crowd impact around the park. If they determine the loss in capacity wouldn't be significant, they would close ToonTown and start building and touching up the surrounding area.

My guess is that they will mention this at D23 this August. After all, by then, the Star Wars land will have long since been open, and the only other real significant thing going on at the California resort would probably be the Marvel land being added to the CA Adventure.

britain

I heard a rumor that MMRR is being RE-considered for DCA at Hollywood Backlot. I'm not buying it. I thought Toontown construction was about to begin. Has anyone read a similar rumor along these lines?

DanielBB8

I wonder if their plans for the Eastern Gateway will include further expansion of Superheroes Land. Otherwise, MMRR will make sense, but they should still wait for the Eastern Gateway to begin so the entire Hollywood Pictures Backlot can be redesigned.

rebelk73

I heard a rumor that MMRR is being RE-considered for DCA at Hollywood Backlot. I'm not buying it. I thought Toontown construction was about to begin. Has anyone read a similar rumor along these lines?
I still believe we will be getting MMRR in toontown. And yes, it is ALL off the schedule (rides and all houses) starting soon. They aren't being shown as in refurbishment, just no schedule available. It looks like toontown is, at least, getting some much needed upkeep. I am hoping that it is MMRR. It seems like if it was just paint they would be walling off sections at a time instead of the entire land.

mickEblu

I still believe we will be getting MMRR in toontown. And yes, it is ALL off the schedule (rides and all houses) starting soon. They aren't being shown as in refurbishment, just no schedule available. It looks like toontown is, at least, getting some much needed upkeep. I am hoping that it is MMRR. It seems like if it was just paint they would be walling off sections at a time instead of the entire land.

I still believe it’s going to Toontown too. This is just one of those scenarios where I can see a silver lining either way. If it goes in Toontown then Toontown most likely gets spruced up and RRCTS is saved for the foreseeable future. If it goes in the Backlot, then we can avoid Marvel eating up more of DCA and BVS or Hollywoodland probably becomes a legitimate land. The only way I’m not happy is if it doesn’t come at all. Or if they want to use Toontown as a SWL expansion in the future. I’m ok with a Fantasyland expansion going there even though I’d prefer it elsewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom