Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Phroobar

I could see Disney announcing this project during Destination D especially that the theme will be all about Mickey. Chapek is planning to do a presentation on the future of the parks.
If the elections go south, Chapek will say to Disneyland:

willy-wonka-good-day-sir.png

Timothy_Q

I have to wonder if this Toontown plan is related to Tokyo, where they would add Mickey's Railway to Tokyo Disneyland via a Toontown portal just like Anaheim? Tokyo has a nearly identical clone of Anaheim's Toontown, for those who haven't been, and behind it is "backstage" area just like Anaheim has. But in Tokyo their Toontown is flatter and less graciously integrated into the rest of Fantasyland, and it could use some background development aside from the weirdly spindly deciduous trees they planted there for the humid Tokyo climate.

Toontown in Tokyo is like many of their hybrid Anaheim-Orlando clone lands, where it's not quite as nicely crafted as the American originals; New Orleans Square, Adventureland, Critter Country, Fantasyland.
The area behind Tokyo's Toontown is where DisneySea's Fantasy Springs expansion is being built

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Maybe I’m being naive but it’s hard for me to see a scenario where they open up this new E ticket and not figure out the firework fallout situation. One semi- solution I just thought about it is they could technically keep the ride running during the fireworks as long as they create some indoor/ covered backstage exit (Like the Main Street Alley) back into Fantasyland. So you could still have the few thousand people that queued up prior to the fireworks get on the ride. Not sure how feasible this is though.

They re not going to make Toontown an indoor land and they re not going to stop doing fireworks so it’ ll be interesting to see what they come up with... if anything.

One has to wonder if a partial "roof" could be built over part of the land instead of a full enclosure. Not saying it'll happen, but it might be enough to keep the land open during fireworks.

BrianLo

What's surprising is that it takes out a unique E Ticket animatronic spectacular in DHS, a park that only has 6 other rides to begin with.
Traveling-Theater-Car.jpg

But in Disneyland it takes out a circa 1992 Wacky Themed Shopping facility and leaves the C Ticket dark ride next door and rest of Toontown and the 40 other rides in the park intact? Crazy!

o.jpg

I have to wonder if this Toontown plan is related to Tokyo, where they would add Mickey's Railway to Tokyo Disneyland via a Toontown portal just like Anaheim? Tokyo has a nearly identical clone of Anaheim's Toontown, for those who haven't been, and behind it is "backstage" area just like Anaheim has. But in Tokyo their Toontown is flatter and less graciously integrated into the rest of Fantasyland, and it could use some background development aside from the weirdly spindly deciduous trees they planted there for the humid Tokyo climate.

Toontown in Tokyo is like many of their hybrid Anaheim-Orlando clone lands, where it's not quite as nicely crafted as the American originals; New Orleans Square, Adventureland, Critter Country, Fantasyland.

Toontown%20Overhead%201.jpg

I think the equivalent spot is being consumed by Elsa for TDS. They ate up all the available space for another Fantasyland Expansion... but considering the TDS expansion is literally Fantasyland that's probably not a big concern.

Beyond the fact that OLC I think is officially turning down clones now.

The most prominent spaces to expand for TDL would be Tomorrowland into the parking lot and to pave over the Rivers of America. The latter is my preference, even if they do have canoes.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That would be great. Although it’s a couple days before the election. I know it’s supposedly a done deal but with all the announcements they’ve been retracting they may want to tread carefully.

If its announced anytime this year (doubt it), its at Destination D which is one day before Mickey's B-Day (and after the election). Or in a blog post on the Disney Parks Blog.

But I think GiveMeTheMusic is right its probably no earlier than D23 next summer.

BrianLo

If its announced anytime this year (doubt it), its at Destination D which is one day before Mickey's B-Day (and after the election). Or in a blog post on the Disney Parks Blog.

But I think GiveMeTheMusic is right its probably no earlier than D23 next summer.

Agreed it's either that or next full D23, especially with a presentation earmarked for Chapek:
  • To kick off an unforgettable weekend, Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products Chairman Bob Chapek will stop by to pay tribute to everyone’s favorite mouse, and share some exciting updates from our resorts around the world.

Even if he doesn't mention DL, I still would not be surprised to get some updates for DHS' version based on this event.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Agreed it's either that or next full D23, especially with a presentation earmarked for Chapek:
  • To kick off an unforgettable weekend, Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products Chairman Bob Chapek will stop by to pay tribute to everyone’s favorite mouse, and share some exciting updates from our resorts around the world.

Even if he doesn't mention DL, I still would not be surprised to get some updates for DHS' version based on this event.

At Destination D there will be an update on the DHS progress, I think that has been announced and posted somewhere in this thread.

Right now there is not much to talk about at D23 next summer for DLR (its DLR year for announcements in the domestic section of the presentation). So they have to get something ready to be announced, I think its this project. Or else the P&R panel is going to only be about WDW 50th for domestic parks, which will just be a recap.

BrianLo

At Destination D there will be an update on the DHS progress, I think that has been announced and posted somewhere in this thread.

Right now there is not much to talk about at D23 next summer for DLR (its DLR year for announcements in the domestic section of the presentation). So they have to get something ready to be announced, I think its this project. Or else the P&R panel is going to only be about WDW 50th for domestic parks, which will just be a recap.

If they can get their butts in gear, Marvel is essentially ready to be exposed. We have infinitely less details for Marvel than we've had for other projects, we don't even have real concept art. Nothing is going to live up to what they did in 2017 though, it was such a glut of projects.

Even still I think WDW will have more new announcements. Nothing greatly unknown to us, but I expect phase II of Epcot to have a bit more commitment with either a DAK or DHS project committed to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom