Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Newtwo

Had this funny mistake (or probably just laziness by WDI) pointed out to be.

The last scene where Mickie and Minnie are picnicking are on different sides in the Disneyland vs World attractions.

Goofy was not changed to look to his left on the Disneyland version, so he is talking to a wall instead.

Very minor, but pretty funny.

(link to the scenes on both versions)

TP2000

e5bdb7b4-db74-409c-a544-92420cf7d18c-jpeg.695515

This is so dirty. I can’t believe more people aren’t talking about it.

It really is. This is totally what I feared when they first said they would have VQ and ILL. I'll use the word I used before: shameless.

I mean, Disney is expensive. We all know that. They are a business to make money. We all know that. But THIS is just blatant, in-your-face, fleecing of the guests. We can blame Chapek for upping the upcharge game, but clearly none of the current execs are rolling that back. Until people stop signing over their bank accounts, they are going to keep doing it.

Dirty is a great word for this entire concept. I can think of a short list of other words to use, but none of them can be used here.

But here's a few other words that I can use that seem appropriate for this MMRR Lightning Lightening Lane saga and how Disneyland acts as an alleged "host" to its paying and alleged "guests" now, in no particular order and off the top of my head;

Smarmy. Tacky. Greedy. Uncouth. Degrading (to themselves). Tasteless. Sleazy. Dishonorable. Trashy. Craven.

I think I like Sleazy the best. It's exactly what Disneyland is quickly becoming. 😢

mickEblu

e5bdb7b4-db74-409c-a544-92420cf7d18c-jpeg.695515

Dirty is a great word for this entire concept. I can think of a short list of other words to use, but none of them can be used here.

But here's a few other words that I can use that seem appropriate for this MMRR Lightning Lightening Lane saga and how Disneyland acts as an alleged "host" to its paying and alleged "guests" now, in no particular order and off the top of my head;

Smarmy. Tacky. Greedy. Uncouth. Degrading (to themselves, not us as customers). Tasteless. Sleazy. Dishonorable. Trashy. Craven.

I think I like Sleazy the best. It's exactly what Disneyland is quickly becoming. 😢

Perfectly said. We maybe could have given them the benefit of the doubt on what the true ratio of the Lightning Lane to boarding groups was but between this boarding group upsell and seeing and hearing almost nobody get boarding groups in person and video it’s pretty clear. Absolutely dirty and sleazy. I would love for some media to pick up the story. Micechat even. Please somebody.

mickEblu

So now that we have MMRR and ROTR do we think they’ll take a break from trackless vehicles at DLR? Seems like Avengers, Frozen, Encanto or BATB ride would also be trackless based off what they ve done around the world, the concepts and old rumors. With the exception being the Frozen boat ride. With that said, if I recall correctly the rumor at one point was DLR was going to get a trackless version. Of course this was also before MMRR. Hoping the next couple rides aren’t trackless unless they find a way to make them more like Poohs Hunny Hunt and less warehouse-y.

TP2000

So now that we have MMRR and ROTR do we think they’ll take a break from trackless vehicles at DLR? Seems like Avengers, Frozen, Encanto or BATB ride would also be trackless based off what they ve done around the world, the concepts and old rumors. With the exception being the Frozen boat ride. With that said, if I recall correctly the rumor at one point was DLR was going to get a trackless version. Of course this was also before MMRR. Hoping the next couple rides aren’t trackless unless they find a way to make them more like Poohs Hunny Hunt and less warehouse-y.

I think trackless is the future. Or, it's actually the present. But it will be the default setting for most future rides.

The designers seem to like the trackless look of the sets and scenes they create, and it certainly gives them a lot of leeway with how they can move multiple vehicles through a ride and how they can tell their stories.

I can't imagine them making future dark rides from scratch and choosing to go with a track.

Luigi's Roadsters was the first trackless ride at Disneyland, so there's three of them now in Anaheim.

No... wait... the Canoes were the first trackless ride at Disneyland! So there's four trackless rides in Anaheim. :cool:

celluloid

Had this funny mistake (or probably just laziness by WDI) pointed out to be.

The last scene where Mickie and Minnie are picnicking are on different sides in the Disneyland vs World attractions.

Goofy was not changed to look to his left on the Disneyland version, so he is talking to a wall instead.

Very minor, but pretty funny.

(link to the scenes on both versions)

This is the kind of crap that is just giving me a bunch of hope for Tiana Bayou Adventure.

That literally would be just mirror imaging that clip in the media. Imagine all the ride throughs virtually and physically that occurred that could have tweaked that, and relatively still easily to fix.

mickEblu

This is the kind of crap that is just giving me a bunch of hope for Tiana Bayou Adventure.

That literally would be just mirror imaging that clip in the media. Imagine all the ride throughs virtually and physically that occurred that could have tweaked that, and relatively still easily to fix.

Lol. Was going to say the same thing earlier but didnt want to sound dramatic. At first thought, it’s just a small thing. But is it really?

celluloid

Lol. Was going to say the same thing earlier but didnt want to sound dramatic. At first thought, it’s just a small thing. But is it really?

Looking the complete opposite direction to talk to the main characters in the finale and story conclusion is a pretty big screw up. The kind of thing has millions of dollars invested in talented people to make sure that did not happen.

Which is worse, that no one noticed after a supposed hundreds of test rides, or that they did, and said "eh good enough?"

mickEblu

Looking the complete opposite direction is a pretty big screw up. The kind of thing has millions of dollars invested in talented people to make sure that did not happen.

Which is worse, that no one noticed after a supposed hundreds of test rides, or that they did, and said "eh good enough?"

I don’t disagree. Either they didn’t notice or didn’t care. Neither one is good.

Signed Sincerely,

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

celluloid

They also put it within reach to allow it to be interactive at touch level for adults and kids, where they have created queue after queue of interactivity that is extreme compared to organic. They had to see that coming if it was any sort of loose.

I also think it was likely that it was a missed loose detail.

It is more concerning to me that the neon sign already has letters burnt out.
1675142504817.png

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
The Individual Lightning Lane for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway has dropped to $15 today -

View attachment 695582
Anecdotally it didn’t appear to be selling well at $20 after opening day. It was frequently available for very short return windows especially later in the day. I suspect it may move to G+ sooner than later to try to help sell that product. Perhaps initially as a test.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
The Individual Lightning Lane for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway has dropped to $15 today -

View attachment 695582

Anecdotally it didn’t appear to be selling well at $20 after opening day. It was frequently available for very short return windows especially later in the day. I suspect it may move to G+ sooner than later to try to help sell that product. Perhaps initially as a test.
I mean my gosh and this was with it at $15. Any time you see the darkest green assume that at least some portion of that time window’s $ILLs went unsold.
9D02F9E3-E317-49F0-B62E-80488818A4D7.jpeg

NateD1226

Rides been open for 3 days and already stuffs getting stolen

It's been awhile since I've posted on here, but this caught my attention. My sister and I went on the ride on Sunday and the pepper shaker was hanging on by a thread. You could easily move around, so I am not surprised someone fully ripped it off and stole it/a cast member took it off before someone could steal it.

I guess I will share my thoughts on the ride in this post too. It's a cute little ride. I wouldn't wait more than 45 minutes for it, but I certainly enjoyed it. I was also not expecting it to be as rough as it was haha. It really took my by surprise when they started shaking you around in the desert room. I guess my big complaint would be that I really wished they tried to disguise the ceiling because it was really distracting at times. Although, Disney has always struggled to cover up the ceilings of the rides, so I am not sure why I was expecting this to be different. Overall, the queue and pre-show were perfect, and, while the ride could be a bit better, Runaway Railway was a fun time.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Luckily the people on this board gave me tips and the ride was 6 months old at this point and not too hard to get VQ access too, but still. The idea that Disney wants to make tens of thousands of their guests to be up at 7am and rapidly refresh their phones is idiotic.
You seem to not understand human behavior.

Pretend Cosmic Rewind was standby-only. No lightning lanes, and no virtual queues.

You'd have to be up and physically IN LINE waiting to get into Epcot way before 7am, and you'd likely be standing in that line for multiple hours.

There's no queue system on the planet in which you come strolling into the park at 10:30 and wait a reasonable amount of time for a ride that popular.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom