Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

TP2000

So gang, what are we thinking about how to classify this ride at Disneyland? Is it an E Ticket? Or a D Ticket with a fabulous queue?

I need to update the Ride Count thread for 2023, and need to know our thoughts on whether this is an E or a D.

I'm leaning heavily towards E Ticket for this one. It's big. It's lavish. It's high capacity. It's unique. It's musical. It has a decent ride time. It has a fabulous queue and a full pre-show.

Change my mind that it's not an E Ticket before I update the 2023 Ride Count for the American parks.

Professortango1

Thank you; I think this is actually the best possible defense for that gag. Now I can watch the preshow again without grinding my teeth to dust.😄

Cartoons might not be a good fit for you. Between Donald trying to murder some annoying chipmunks and or Mickey giving his own dog drugs to turn him big and strong for the intention of violently attacking Pete. That's not responsible per ownership right there.

Or the party for Pluto where Mickey lets his nephews abuse Pluto and Mickey feeds him what appears to be chocolate cake.

Now, I know cartoons are not reality and different rules apply, but some people can't make that distinction and perhaps should stay away from things which trigger them so.

mickEblu

So gang, what are we thinking about how to classify this ride at Disneyland? Is it an E Ticket? Or a D Ticket with a fabulous queue?

I need to update the Ride Count thread for 2023, and need to know our thoughts on whether this is an E or a D.

I'm leaning heavily towards E Ticket for this one. It's big. It's lavish. It's high capacity. It's unique. It's musical. It has a decent ride time. It has a fabulous queue and a full pre-show.

Change my mind that it's not an E Ticket before I update the 2023 Ride Count for the American parks.

I’m leaning E on scope/scale alone. But D ticket in E tickets clothing might be good description. If we’re still calling TSMM, Webslingers, Smugglers Run and Star Tours D tickets then MMRR has to be an E.

I’ll be there tomorrow so I’ll report back Friday night or Saturday… if/when I get a boarding group.

TP2000

I’m leaning E on scope/scale alone. But D ticket in E tickets clothing might be good description. If we’re still calling TSMM, Webslingers, Smugglers Run and Star Tours D tickets then MMRR has to be an E.

I’ll be there tomorrow so I’ll report back Friday night or Saturday… if/when I get a boarding group.

Hmm.... I would definitely classify Star Tours and Millennium Falcon Target Run as E Tickets. Not just because of the ride experience itself, but due to their queue and pre-show and entire facility as a whole.

Midway Mania and Webslingers are D's because of their more modest queues and/or lack of pre-show.

I'm leaning towards MMRR sliding in as an E Ticket thanks to its overall length of time from pre-show to unload (at least 10 minutes), and the return to elaborate queues and large sets and environments.

mickEblu

Hmm.... I would definitely classify Star Tours and Millennium Falcon Target Run as E Tickets. Not just because of the ride experience itself, but due to their queue and pre-show and entire facility as a whole.

Midway Mania and Webslingers are D's because of their more modest queues and/or lack of pre-show.

I'm leaning towards MMRR sliding in as an E Ticket thanks to its overall length of time from pre-show to unload (at least 10 minutes), and the return to elaborate queues and large sets and environments.

Oh I thought the general consensus was that Smugglers Run and Star Tours were D tickets. So ROTR and Star Tours are both E tickets? Something seems wrong with that.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I’m pretty sure in the eyes of Disney all of these would be Es, but if Falcon and Star Tours are Es then this probably would be too. Though I haven’t ridden it to confirm.

Out of curiosity what do you rank Incredicoaster (no themed queue, very popular), Roger Rabbit (heavily themed queue)?

Vegas Disney Fan

It’s right on the line, I’d say D at DL and E at HS. Probably a D ticket overall.

DL has such a big lineup I wouldn’t put it in the same category as the top rides, at HS it’s absolutely a top 5 ride and a must do though.

Rich T

Cartoons might not be a good fit for you. Between Donald trying to murder some annoying chipmunks and or Mickey giving his own dog drugs to turn him big and strong for the intention of violently attacking Pete. That's not responsible per ownership right there.

Or the party for Pluto where Mickey lets his nephews abuse Pluto and Mickey feeds him what appears to be chocolate cake.

Now, I know cartoons are not reality and different rules apply, but some people can't make that distinction and perhaps should stay away from things which trigger them so.

I’ve worked as an animator and have a very hefty collection of great classic toons, and a decent knowledge of animation and film history, (indignant huffing) thank you VERY much. 😃 Enough to know when something doesn’t feel right to me.

And then I grumble and state my case. I don’t expect everyone (or anyone) to always agree with me.

Last edited:

Consumer

The animation, the music, the voicework... It's so lovely. Why couldn't MMRR be in this style? Truly the only problem I have with this ride is its aesthetic.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

It’s right on the line, I’d say D at DL and E at HS. Probably a D ticket overall.

DL has such a big lineup I wouldn’t put it in the same category as the top rides, at HS it’s absolutely a top 5 ride and a must do though.
I see this point, but if it’s for a formal ride count/tally for apples-apples comparison purposes shouldn’t it be uniformly established across the board vs graded on a curve (barring distinct differences in attraction quality level a la Tokyo Pooh)?

I mean if we’re grading “on a curve” to help DHS with it’s measly attraction count might as well give each of restroom/drinking fountain a C ticket too.

Vegas Disney Fan

I see this point, but if it’s for a formal ride count/tally for apples-apples comparison purposes shouldn’t it be uniformly established across the board vs graded on a curve (barring distinct differences in attraction quality level a la Tokyo Pooh)?

I mean if we’re grading “on a curve” to help DHS with it’s measly attraction count might as well give each of restroom/drinking fountain a C ticket too.

I don’t disagree but historically Disney graded the rides against each other, in the 70s Country Bear and Tiki room were both E ticket attractions, I don’t think either would be by todays standards, not because they’ve gotten worse but because their competition in the parks is so much better now than it was then.

Magenta Panther

I dislike the new shorts, but I think the style works ok for this ride. If only they’d replace the talking mylar balloons that are supposed to be Mickey and Minnie AAs…

Pete's got a balloon head too. Only Pluto and Daisy Duck have 3D heads, for some reason. Which is a weird choice, since the ride's stars - Mickey and Minnie - don't get 3D heads and look terrible in every scene they're in. I dunno, maybe the balloon/flattened Picasso-esque designs looked good on paper. But they pretty much suck in real life.

Rich T

Pete's got a balloon head too. Only Pluto and Daisy Duck have 3D heads, for some reason. Which is a weird choice, since the ride's stars - Mickey and Minnie - don't get 3D heads and look terrible in every scene they're in. I dunno, maybe the balloon/flattened Picasso-esque designs looked good on paper. But they pretty much suck in real life.
At least Pete is a front view of his face. The 3/4 thing with Picasso Mickey and Minnie is an AA freak show. I hate to think what any rejected attempts looked like. 😄

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Simple...

Good luck defining a D-Ticket attraction. People who like it will call it an "E" and those who don't will call it a "C."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom