Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

J4546

Minnie doesn't intentionally kick Pluto. As anyone who has ever owned a dog, you sometimes accidentally trip over them or step on them or if they are following too closely, heel check them.

She accidentally knocks Pluto because Pluto in jonesing for that food. Not sure why people are trying to make this a big thing.
Because this is a honerun addition to DL and that makes people mad

brb1006

I’m actually not sure if this is the very first time (btw, Powerline is in the queue, too). I was a baby when Toontown opened in 1993. Can anyone confirm if this is the first time these characters from A Goofy Movie ever made an appearance in Toontown or Disneyland in general?

It is very clear that, despite being a Mickey and Minnie ride, they still went the traditional Toontown route and included other classic characters outside of the Fab 5, which is nice. Here’s some of the exit, with Ludwig Von Drake.

I believe neither Bobby or PJ ever appeared on merchandise or knowledge on any Disneyland or WDW prior to the Disneyland version of Runaway Railway. Technically this could been the second time for Roxanne since she appeared on a few Powerline tshirts and merchandise near the end of the 2010s at Disneyland, WDW, and Paris on rare occasions.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Minnie doesn't intentionally kick Pluto. As anyone who has ever owned a dog, you sometimes accidentally trip over them or step on them or if they are following too closely, heel check them.

She accidentally knocks Pluto because Pluto in jonesing for that food. Not sure why people are trying to make this a big thing.
Thank you

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I guess you haven’t seen many Mickey cartoons, or have a narrow definition of what a hero is.

Again, what was accepted in the 1920s is not necessarily appropriate for 2023.

We are talking about Pluto being kicked by Minnie Mouse. This is like Charlie Brown kicking Snoopy in a 2023 cartoon. It just shows a complete lack of respect for what Walt Disney and his animators spent decades refining, as well as the cluelessness of current Disney and whoever wrote that gag for the MMRR preshow.

A hero is a good person who helps others.

Kicking an innocent dog is a reprehensible action in any art form, and usually indicates that the perpetrator is a villain, a hayhole, or simply a stupid oaf who deserves a thrashing. Or, in this case, Minnie Mouse, now appearing as a sweet park mascot on half the merch in Disney’s universe. Technically, the character is innocent, as it’s an accident she’s clueless about (Minnie’s got no brain cells in this version, apparently), so my beef is with the writers and their choice here.

Awww... you were doing so well to keep mentioning how it was done *accidentally*, and now, all pretense of understanding the context is gone and you're presenting this as intentional.

Yeah, those are all definitely the same as kicking Pluto for no real reason.

And you're just as bad.

As mentioned above, anyone who has had a cat or dog as a pet knows that there are occasional collisions. Sometimes for owners being unaware. Sometimes for pets inexplicably and suddenly getting in the way of the owner. Kapow. It happens. All. The. Time.

Source: Endless YouTube/TikTok videos.

Rich T

I SAID it was accidental, and that I blame the writers for the mean-spirited moment.

I think I’m the only one making a big deal about this. If it weren’t such a blink-and-you’ll miss it moment, I’d call PETA (even though I can’t stand PETA) 😄.

Rich T

Awww... you were doing so well to keep mentioning how it was done *accidentally*, and now, all pretense of understanding the context is gone and you're presenting this as intentional.

And you're just as bad.

As mentioned above, anyone who has had a cat or dog as a pet knows that there are occasional collisions. Sometimes for owners being unaware. Sometimes for pets inexplicably and suddenly getting in the way of the owner. Kapow. It happens. All. The. Time.

Source: Endless YouTube/TikTok videos.
In a fictional work, the writer creates the universe. The writer(s?) of the preshow decided it would be a laugh riot to have Minnie Mouse accidentally kick Pluto into a car trunk.

Me no like. 😄

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
In a fictional work, the writer creates the universe. The writer(s?) of the preshow decided it would be a laugh riot to have Minnie Mouse accidentally kick Pluto into a car trunk.

Me no like. 😄
To me it's just slapstick. The accidental kick is the catalyst that leads up to the explosion that allows us to enter the cartoon world. It also sets up the B-Story throughout the attraction, if you pay close enough attention, of Pluto trying to catch up to M&M in all of the scenes.

To me this adds re-rideability. Catching new things in multiple ride-throughs. It was mentioned earlier in the thread that you miss things sitting in the back vehicle. However, there are also things you miss in scenes when sitting in the front. Again, increases re-rideability.

Rich T

To me it's just slapstick. The accidental kick is the catalyst that leads up to the explosion that allows us to enter the cartoon world. It also sets up the B-Story throughout the attraction, if you pay close enough attention, of Pluto trying to catch up to M&M in all of the scenes.

To me this adds re-rideability. Catching new things in multiple ride-throughs. It was mentioned earlier in the thread that you miss things sitting in the back vehicle. However, there are also things you miss in scenes when sitting in the front. Again, increases re-rideability.
To me, the way guests miss story elements in the first and last cars isn’t a re-rideability plus, it’s just poor ride design. Why did they design a track layout where, right at the start, the last two cars don’t get to see the cool moment where Goofy opens the window of the train engine?

I like the ride, but I’m really in no hurry to ride it again, unless it’s a walk-on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom